GEORGE P ALIAS
Mobile: +971-**-****-***; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
~ Electrical Engineer ~
• Bachelor of Engineering with 8 years of experience in MEP contracting field out of which almost 7 years in UAE.
• Proficiency in Electrical Designing using International Design Standards.
• Experience in LUX Level calculation and designing using DIA Lux.
• Load schedule calculation and designing.
• Experience in Telephone drawing preparation.
• Experience in Site supervision and technical support.
• Skilled at provide training to New Staff members, thereby improving their performance
• Efficient organizer, motivator, team player and a decisive leader with the ability to motivate teams to excel and win ORGANISATIONAL EXPERIENCE
Studio International Engineering Consultants
Designation: Electrical Engineer Period: June 2018 to date Role:
• Monitoring & inspecting all the Electrical works and low current works carried out at site as per approved shop drawings and Local authority requirement, and ensuring compliance with safety requirements and as per concerned authority standards.
• Study and site implementation of ELV systems (Fire alarm systems, Access control systems, CCTV systems, PA, Intrusion Detection, Intercom, IT, AV &BGM systems, Emergency light monitoring systems and Lighting control system).
• Review and finalize the monthly valuation (invoice) submitted by the contractor.
• Monitoring the works at site and issuing NCR or SOR for any non-compliant works.
• Conducting the inspection on Materials which is delivered to site prior to the site installation.
• Conduct site walk with Contractor and discuss the coordination issues.
• Submitting all the drawings/documents related (HV & LV) to DEWA and discussing with them for LV approval.
• Submitting all the drawings telephone & GSM to DU and discussing with them for approval.
• Liaise with Dewa for LV load schedule and drawings approval.
• Liaise with DU for Design drawing submission and approval.
• Review the load schedules submitted by the contractor prior to Dewa submission.
• Review& approve all shop drawings in lieu with tender drawings & specification.
• Review & approve all material submittals in lieu with tender documents & specification.
• Conducting Testing and Commissioning of all LV and ELV works/systems at site. Key Projects Handled:
• Mudon Views Residential Building @ Mudon (Two Building) Client – Dubai Properties
Al Shirawi Electrical & Mechanical Contracting LLC Project Engineer – Projects July 2015 to May 2018
• Performing Analysis, Design drawings and load schedule, detailed Engineering, and Co-ordination activities related to engineering works for different projects in UAE.
• Detail study and site implementation of ELV systems such as Fire alarm systems, Access control systems, PA, Intrusion Detection, CCTV systems, Master clock, BMS, IT, AV &BGM systems, Audio & Video Intercom, Emergency light monitoring systems- Central Battery system and Lighting control system (DALI and 0 -10).
• Online submission of drawings and load schedule to DEWA and follow up the status.
• Supervision of site activities and to control site team.
• Review the contractual documents and to prepare RFI, CVI, WIR, MIR, etc.
• Confirms the installation of all work within discipline is in accordance with the plans, specifications, and industry standards.
• Coordinate WIR, and MIR with consultant.
• Attend client’s technical meeting with our Project Manager, Co-staffs and contractors.
• Estimation on the material and manpower requirements.
• Preparation of Telephone drawings and online submission to Etisalat. Key Projects Handled:
• Hikma Residential Building @ Dubai silicon oasis Consultant – GCE
• Logistics complex (including infrastructure), Dubai south (DWC), UAE Client – Dubai south
• Samsung C&T Ware House at Dubai Parks & Resorts, Dubai, UAE (Design Built Job) Components: G+M+Roof, Designing of Power layout and Telephone layout. Load Schedule Preparation.
• G+1+R Villa (12 villas), Jumeirah Third, UAE (Design Built Job) Components: G+1+R Designing of Power layout, light layout, and Telephone layout and Load Schedule.
Zener Steward Electomechanical LLC, UAE
Electrical Engineer – Projects April 2013 to June 2015 Role:
• Co- ordination of all MEP activities (Electrical, Mechanical, Lighting, Plumbing, Drainage and Fire Fighting) with their program schedule for proper flow of work on site.
• Review the contract drawing and support draftsmen for shop drawing preparation.
• Preparation of RFI, CVI, WIR, MIR and clearing NCR issued consultant.
• Preparation of variation and weekly report.
• Confirms the installation of all work within discipline is in accordance with the plans, specifications, and industry standards
• Preparation of monthly valuation and Variation for additional works.
• Preparation of Monthly man power report and budget cost for labour.
• Preparation of Telephone drawings and online submission to Etisalat.
• Co-ordinate other issues with our site manager, Document controller, QA/QC and procurement
• Attends client’s technical meeting with our Project Manager, Co-staffs and contractors
• Detail study and site implementation of ELV systems such as Fire alarm systems, Access control systems, CCTV systems, IT, AV &BGM systems, Emergency light monitoring systems and Lighting control system (DALI and 0 - 10)
• Manage the procurement process for all electrical and mechanical materials and tools required. Material procurement including enquiry preparation, Material submittal preparation, material compliance with standards and local authorities’ regulation, material source of origin, material technical data and calculations, material test certificates, calibration, guarantees, material quotations and supplier and manufacturer documentations.
Key Projects Handled:
• Vox cinema @ Mall of the Emirates, Dubai
• GE Aerospace Fit out @ Al Maktoum international airport
• Pacha Ibiza Fit out @ Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai
• Frioul French Restaurant Fit out @ Madinat Jumeirah
• Waitrose Super Market @ Ethihad Tower, Abu Dhabi
• Spinney’s supermarket @ WTC, Abu Dhabi
M/s. Kareem Electrical Contractors, India
Site Engineer- Electrical From Oct 2011 to Dec 2012
Worked as Site Engineer and co-ordination with Electrical services like Power, light etc.
Expansion Projects of Delhi Metro @ Delhi, India Construction of RK Puram & Dwarka Metro stations
• Well versed with DIA Lux, AutoCAD, Maxima and Office Packages. EDUCATION
Graduation : Bachelor of Engineering
University : Anna University, Chennai, India (2007-2011) PERSONAL DETAILS
Date of Birth: 6th Jan 1990
Languages Known: English, Malayalam & Hindi
Marriage status Married
I George P Alias, hereby declare that the details furnished above are true to the best of my knowledge and belief. Place: Dubai GEORGE P. ALIAS