EMILY GRACE DUNN, PA-C
*** ******* *** *** *******, TX 78260
Objective – To serve the local community by providing excellent emergency medical care as a PA. Education
The University of Texas Medical Branch – Galveston, TX August 2018 Master of Physician Assistant Studies GPA: 3.839
Houston Baptist University – Houston, TX May 2016
Completed first year of Master of Arts in Theological Studies GPA: 3.873 The University of Tulsa - Tulsa, OK May 2015
Bachelor of Science, Exercise and Sports Science Minors: Biology and Spanish GPA: 3.977 San Antonio College - San Antonio, TX May 2011
Dual Credit GPA: 4.0
Licenses and Certifications
• Texas licensed Physician Assistant – Texas Medical Board
• New York licensed Physician Assistant – New York State Education Department
• Certified Physician Assistant – National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
• Pediatric Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification – March 2020
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support & Basic Life Support Certification – October 2019 Employment Experience
• Seton Medical Center Harker Heights – Harker Heights, TX April 2020 – current
- Physician Assistant with US Acute Care Solutions at Seton Medical Center Emergency Department
Assessed, diagnosed and treated patients of the Harker Heights community at a Trauma IV Emergency Department for a variety of medical emergencies to include chest pain, back pain, obstetrics, sepsis, acute abdomen, and COVID cases under the indirect supervision of EM certified physicians. Performed procedures to include laceration repairs and I&D. Performed CPR, bag mask ventilation, and EKG/radiology interpretations. Managed triage assessments.
Preceptor: Anna Flores, NP and Dr. Christopher Colvin, MD
• United Health Services Emergency and Trauma Services – Johnson City, NY April 2019 – March 2020
- Physician Assistant at Wilson Memorial Hospital Emergency Department (Trauma II Center)
Performed history and physical examinations; initiated treatment, labs and diagnostic imaging; interpreted EKGs, x-rays, and CT imaging; managed referrals, admissions, and patient education; wrote prescriptions; determined diagnoses and treatment of varying acuity levels to include traumas, stroke, and chest pain under the supervision of EM certified physicians. Emily Dunn
Performed procedures such as wound closure, I&D, lumbar puncture, arthrocentesis, CPR and bag mask ventilation.
- Binghamton General Hospital Emergency Department
Provided emergency medical care to psychiatric and substance abuse emergencies.
- UHS Walk-in Clinics in the Greater Binghamton Area
Provided urgent care rotating at the various walk-in clinics in the area.
- Completed UHS Advanced Care Provider Residency Program
Rotated through specialties to include Pediatrics, Cardiology, Geriatrics, Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, Physical Therapy, Plastic Surgery, Urology, Nephrology, Endocrinology, and Women’s Health and participated in weekly lectures.
- Preceptors: Dr. Kwabena Boakye, MD; Dr. Kevin Goodman, MD; Dr, Gregory Howell, MD; Danielle Kappel, PA; Dr. James Stoughton, MD; Dr. John Penfield, MD; and Dr. John Zevan, DO
• Springs of Grace Bible Church Summer Intern – Miriam Boone - Tulsa, OK 2015
- Parent Outreach Coordinator for getAHEAD summer tutoring program and basketball league
- Track coach and team leader for FCA and Project61 sports camps for kids in the Tulsa area
- Helped lead ministry to the homeless at the Day Center and Girls Club for at-risk youth girls
- Supervisor: Miriam Boone
• Soler’s Sports – Sherri Ruibal - San Antonio, TX Summer Running Camp Coach/ Community Run Leader/ Sales Clerk 2011-2012
- Coached 30 middle-school and high-school students for their cross-country season preparation
- Assisted customers with shoe fittings and gait analysis according to their biomechanical needs
- Led and designed weekly community runs and trained new employees Clinical Experience - Completed a cumulative of 1,730 patient visits Emergency Medicine
UTMB Emergency Room John Sealy Hospital, Galveston, TX - Dr. Yoo, MD & Dr. Kuruvilla, MD July 2018
• Worked in ER as a student volunteer (independent of educational requirements).
• Ordered and interpreted labs, imaging and EKGs. Evaluated patients and collaborated with physicians and residents regarding treatment. Assisted in laceration repair. Citizens Hospital Emergency Department, Victoria, TX – Adam Adame, NP & Ricardo Rojas, NP February 2018
• Worked in ER seeing average of 15 patients per shift; ordered imaging and lab work; completed night and day shifts.
• Independently performed 18 laceration repairs (to include facial and vermilion border), three I&Ds, eight casting/splinting, three pelvic exams and vaginal cultures, three suicide attempt interventions, two digital blocks, EKG interpretation, IV access, DRE, and bursitis drainage with supervision.
• Assisted in fluorescein stain and wood’s lamp, NG tube insertion, ultrasound, corneal foreign body removal, paracentesis, and three hip reductions.
Mainland Pulmonary Associates, Texas City, TX – Dru Abrego, PA-C & Dr. Cantu, MD June 2018 Emily Dunn
• Performed consults and rounded on patients with acute and chronic pulmonary illness at Cornerstone, Kindred (LTAC), and Clear Lake Regional Hospitals (12 patients/day average).
• Managed admissions, discharges, daily rounds, end of life care discussions, ICU consults, ventilation settings, and tracheotomy care. Wrote notes for the above management.
• Observed/assisted in three chest tube placements, four thoracentesis, three bronchoscopies, paracentesis, six diagnostic ultrasounds, and intubations.
Veterans Association Internal Medicine Clinic, Texas City, TX – Laura Lawrence, PA-C May 2018
• Managed chronic conditions and medication lists; arranged appropriate referrals to specialists; collaborated with other providers regarding patient care and documented notes.
• Managed the walk-in clinic and provided patient education for acute care.
• Interpreted EKGs, chest/joint x-rays, and tympanogram; performed six knee injections, one shoulder injection, three knee bracings, two slit lamp and fluorescent exams, bladder scan, in-and-out Foley, three IM injections, phlebotomy, joint aspiration, and MOCA assessment. Ertan Digestive Disease Center of Excellence, Houston, TX – Dr. Atilla Ertan, MD April 2018
• Performed five patient consults a day in clinic and documented notes.
• Observed endoscopies, colonoscopies, sigmoidoscopies, enteroscopies, ERCPs, esophageal manometry, EMR, and EGD with BRAVO capsule/ HALO-RFA/ Stretta.
• Performed pre-operative H&Ps and post-operative consults.
• Followed Dr. Nevah for inpatient hepatology rounds on cirrhosis patients/liver transplant candidates at Memorial Hermann. Documented admission notes.
Victoria Surgical Associates, Victoria, TX – Dr. Paul Mondolfi, MD March 2018
• Assisted in clinic: cosmetic, orthopedic/hand, pre-op and post-op consults (20/day).
• Assisted in I&Ds, casting, splinting, skin biopsy, cyst excisions, and hand injections.
• First assisted in OR biweekly to include hand trauma, skin flaps/grafts, carpal tunnel and trigger finger releases, mastopexies, and cosmetic cases.
• Performed three endotracheal intubations and sutured ten incision closures. General Surgery
Citizens/Detar Hospital, Victoria, TX – Dr. Manuel Ruiz, MD & Bertha Mendieta, PA-C January 2018
• First assisted in a total of 82 surgical cases with six general surgeons to include: o tracheostomy, colectomies, nephrectomies, small bowel resection, mastectomies, cholecystectomies, hernia repairs, PEG tube insertion, amputations, and appendectomies.
• Closed surgical incisions and operated laparoscopic camera and ultrasound.
• Operations performed independently with supervision: o central line placement, burn/ulcer debridements, four I&Ds, fistula drainage, transmetatarsal amputation, and seven endotracheal intubations.
• Rounded on post-operative patients daily; assisted in drain monitoring/removal, wound packing, dressing changes, suture and staple removal, Foley catheter placement, and colostomy management.
• Performed pre-operative H&Ps daily. First assisted for weekend on-call operations. Primary Care
Dairy Ashford Family Practice, Houston, TX – Dr. Nan Jiang, MD November 2017
• Completed 13 patient exams per day, managed acute and chronic care, annuals, and WWE.
• Performed Pap smears and vaginal cultures, EKGs, spirometry, H. pylori breath tests, rapid strep tests, ABI exam, phlebotomy, and wound cultures. Mental Health
Veterans Association CBOC Mental Health, Katy, TX – Dr. Saima Alam, MD October 2017
• Assisted in outpatient psychiatry consults (4 consults/day) and treatment plans.
• Administered MMSE/MOCA tests.
• Performed sleep disorder consults and CPAP education.
• Performed patient exams in primary care and orthopedic clinic; administered joint injections, diabetic wound care, EKGs, and foreign body ear removal. Pediatrics
Edgebrook Clinic, Houston, TX – Dr. Carmen Espinoza, MD September 2017
• Performed well-child/sick visits, sports physicals, and managed chronic childhood illness for underserved populations (10 visits/day, majority in Spanish).
• Administered immunizations, educated parents, and documented notes.
• Performed laceration repairs, throat swabs, nebulizer treatments, and cerumen removals. UTMB Regional Maternal and Child Health, Katy, TX – Phuong Nguyen-Ruxton, NP August 2017
• Performed well-child, well-women, sick, newborn visits and sports physicals (11 patients/day).
• Performed ASQ screening and administered immunizations, otoscopic exams, throat cultures, nasal swabs, and parent education (Spanish and English). UTMB Newborn Nursery John Sealy Hospital, Galveston, TX – Dr. Travis Billingsley, MD August 2017
• Performed newborn evaluations, documented progress notes, determined discharge plans, and scheduled follow-up newborn visits at regional clinics. Obstetrics/Gynecology
Community Health Center of South Texas, Victoria, TX - Angie Bludau, NP & Dr. Gus Zamora, MD July 2017
• Performed 10 patient visits a day to include sick, pre-natal, well women, and postpartum. Emily Dunn
• Average of six pap smears a day.
• Performed IUD and implant insertions/removals with supervision.
• Assisted in OR once a week to include vaginal and C-section deliveries, TAH, and D&C.
• Assisted in colposcopies, LEEP procedure, transvaginal US, nitrazine testing, epidural catheterization, vaginal laceration repair, cervical dilation measuring, and fetal monitoring.
• Conducted patient exams/procedures in both Spanish and English. Skill Proficiency
• FAST exam
• Medical terminology, ProScribe – 2015
• Exercise fitness testing competency
• Intermediate level of Spanish fluency
• Laceration repairs (sutures and staples)
• Wound debridement and dressing
• Incision and drainage
• Casting and splinting
• EKG interpretation
• Digital blocks and knee injections
• Immunization administration and IM injections
• Sports physicals, well-child, newborn exams
• Pelvic exams and pap smears
• Well-women exams
• MMSE and MOCA testing
• Throat, wound, vaginal cultures and nasal swabs
• Skin biopsy
• Nebulizer treatment and spirometry
• Foley catheter placement
• Colostomy management
• Digital rectal exams
• Medical documentation to Epic, T system, and
• Healthy Living on a Budget – Galveston, TX 2016-2017
- Member at Large, co-led monthly community health outreach and co-directed educational video
• Pianist/Worship Leader
- co-led worship ministry and organized musical arraignments weekly
- Kerusso Grace Church (Houston, TX) 2015-2018
- Redline Church (Galveston, TX) 2016-2017
- Chi Alpha Campus Ministry (Tulsa, OK) 2012-2015
• Christians on Campus – UTMB – Officer, for campus ministry and weekly Bible studies 2016-2018
• Exercise and Sports Science Honor Society - Treasurer, managed finances/fundraising 2014-2015
• AED Pre-Health Honor Society – Secretary, co-organized meetings and communication 2013-2015 Service Experience
• St. Luke’s Society Clinic - Galveston, TX - student-run clinic the uninsured population
- Saw patients and collaborated with supervising physician for treatment plans 2016-2017
• St. Vincent’s Clinic - Galveston, TX - volunteered at weekly free clinic for the homeless 2016-2017
• Mission Centers of Houston – Co-led kindergarten class for after-school kids program 2015-2016
• Good Samaritan Health Services Free Clinics - Tulsa, OK (105 volunteer hours) 2012-2015
- Served at the weekly clinic (vitals, patient interviews, translation, pharmacy, clinic, and lab)
- Administered bone density scans and patient education at the Monthly Women's Health Clinics
• Transitions Life Care Hospice - Tulsa, OK - on-call to provide companionship care 2013-2015
• Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentorship - Tulsa, OK - mentored elementary girl weekly 2013-2014
• LINC Freshman Mentorship - Tulsa, OK - weekly sessions with freshman mentee 2014-2015
• Project 61 Kids Sport Camp - Tulsa, OK – Track coach and team leader 2013-2016 Emily Dunn
• Zapatitos Orphanage for boys – Cochabamba, Bolivia – health clinic and construction aid 2013
• Burns Unit – Cochabamba, Boliva – played with child burn victims and prepared family meals 2013
• Mission Trip to Midtown Community Church - Kansas City, MI – urban ministry outreach 2012
• Hillside Fellowship Youth Group - San Antonio, TX - Mentored high school girls weekly 2012
• Sequoia Elementary – Tulsa, OK – Co-led physical assessments 2013
• Emergency Food Pantry – Tulsa, OK – organized food supplies monthly 2012-2015
• Healthcare Shadowing Experience (164 hours)
- Hospitals of Hope (Cochabamba, Bolivia) 2013
- Eastern Oklahoma Orthopedic Center (Tulsa, OK) 2013-2015
- Bedlam Free Clinic (Tulsa, OK) 2012-2015
- Memorial Bone and Joint (Houston, TX) 2014
- Dr. Higgins' Cardiology Office (Tulsa, OK) 2014
- OSU Cadaver lab (Tulsa, OK) 2013
- Center for Individuals with Physical Challenges (Tulsa, OK) 2011
- St. John Medical Center Cardiac Rehab (Tulsa, OK) 2011 Achievements and Honors
University of Texas Medical Branch
• UTMB Physician Assistant Program Dean’s List – 2016, 2017
• Scholarship award winner of the Edgar and Grace Gnitzinger Endowed Scholarship Fund for PA Students University of Tulsa
• Three-time letter award winner for the Track and Field and Cross-Country Teams - 2011-2015
• Two-time Cross-Country team conference champion - 2013-2014
• 2nd place in the distance medley relay and 5th in the 3000 meters - Indoor Track and Field Conference USA Championship - 2013
• Outstanding Exercise Sport Science Graduate – The University of Tulsa - 2015
• Invited member of Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society - 2015 Memberships
• Texas Association of Physician Assistants – member in good standing 2017 to present
- PAs on the Hill 2015, met with state representatives to advocate for legislation
• American Academy of Physician Assistants – member 2018 to present
• American Academy of HIV Medicine – member 2017 to present
• Medical Missions – member in good standing 2018 to present