Naperville, IL 60563
Suburban Associates in Ophthalmology, Arlington Heights, IL - Optometrist APRIL 2019 - PRESENT
● Provide routine eye exams with DFE to patients of all ages.
● Fit and evaluate patients with contact lenses including specialty lenses.
● Diagnose, treat, and manage ocular diseases.
● Co-manage pre- and post-operative cataract surgery patients.
● On-call duties 8 weeks out of the year.
Suburban Associates in Ophthalmology, Arlington Heights, IL - Ophthalmic technician/Optician/Scribe SEPTEMBER 2018 - MARCH 2019
● Obtain patient history, perform preliminary testing and refraction.
● Train patients in contact lens insertion and removal.
● Problem solve spectacle fittings and determine accurate refraction. Today’s Vision Sugar Land, Sugar Land, TX - Optometric technician MAY 2015 - SEPTEMBER 2015
● Pre-test patients using various optical instruments.
● Prepare and organize patient charts according to the weekly schedule. EDUCATION
University of Houston, Houston, TX - Doctor of Optometry AUGUST 2014 - MAY 2018
Benedictine University, Lisle, IL - B.S. Biology
AUGUST 2009 - DECEMBER 2012
CLINICAL INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE
South Texas Veterans Health Care System, San Antonio, TX - Student clinician MAY 2017 - AUGUST 2017
● Provide efficient and comprehensive eye exams to veterans of all ethnic backgrounds and ages, with an emphasis on managing complex ocular diseases.
● Assist in binocular and low vision evaluations for TBI- and CVA-related injuries in a hospital-based setting once a week.
University of Houston College of Optometry, Houston, TX- Student clinician AUGUST 2017 - DECEMBER 2017
● Practice full-scope primary and speciality optometry under preceptors.
● Clinical rotations completed in the following specialties: Center for Sight Enhancement Low Vision Clinic, Specialty Needs Adults and Pediatric Services, Specialty Contact Lenses (post-graft, corneal disease, myopia control), Medical Eye Clinic (co-surgical management in retinal disease, glaucoma, and oculoplastics), Pediatrics and Binocular Vision Services, Family Practice, Surgical co-management at Ambulatory Surgical Center.
Northeastern State University, Tahlequah, OK - Student clinician JANUARY 2018 - APRIL 2018
● Provide direct treatment and management of diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, corneal ulcers/abrasions, foreign body removal, conjunctivitis, uveitis, and ocular trauma.
● Learn and assist in laser procedures of the eye (YAG capsulotomy, SLT, LPI). PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
American Optometric Association
AUGUST 2014 - PRESENT
Illinois Optometric Association
MARCH 2020- PRESENT
Guerrero Clinic, Chihuahua, Mexico - Optometry mission trip MARCH 2017
● Provide comprehensive eye exams to the indigent population of Guerrero, Chihuahua, Mexico.
● Work among members of the Rotary clubs of Houston, Dallas, and Mexico along with ophthalmologists and optometrists from various parts of the world representing VOSH (Volunteer Optometric Services to Humanity).
Tzu Chi Foundation Vision and Glaucoma Screening, Houston, TX- Optometry student volunteer MAY 2016
Elementary School Vision Screenings, Houston, TX - University of Houston College of Optometry AUGUST 2016 - APRIL 2017
● Vision screenings of several elementary school classes with an emphasis on identifying and referring children who need further examination and treatment. Wheeler Baptist Church Vision and Glaucoma Screening, Houston TX- Optometry student volunteer MARCH 2015
Gregory Nelson M.D.
Suburban Associates in Ophthalmology
(847) 650- 4067
Stephanie Pingel B.S. OSC
Suburban Associates in Ophthalmology- Practice Director email@example.com
(847) 253- 4040 x437