Tunji A. Taylor-Lewis, B.A.
A self-motivated and innovative digital marketer and social media specialist. Goes beyond expectations in completion of assigned tasks and exemplifies patience and willingness to improve on his work relative to established goals. Interested in communications and technology, innovation, and use of various multi-media tools to promote, assess, discuss or contribute to emerging and existing conversations, multi-disciplinary work environments, business development, theatre, sports and marketing.
● Strong leadership and mentoring skills - Invited to be a member of the leadership link crew team mandated to mentor and socialize with incoming high school students.
● Exceptional communication skills – Completed honours and Advanced Placement English.
● Committed team player – Competed at the district and provincial levels for drama and track and field competitions.
● Results-oriented high-achiever with exceptional interpersonal skills – Successfully turned an online following and good reputation into a well-attended comedy event. EDUCATION
● Trinity Western University: Bachelor’s degree in Media+Communications
● Terry Fox Secondary School (Port Coquitlam, BC): completed Grade 12; Honour Roll. EXPERIENCE
Wind Sun Sky Entertainment: Digital Platform Coordinator (contract assignment)
● This position has given me valuable experience in a myriad of crucial aspects of digital project coordination including researching and reporting on different demographics, creating on-brand content specific to YouTube, creating effective digital marketing strategies, talent outreach, graphic design, and video/photo editing. I also regularly took on writing, performing, directing, and production coordination responsibilities. (July 2019
- January 2020)
Vancouver Community Network: Social Media Coordinator (temporary assignment)
● Responsibilities included creating, and producing content for, the social media sites of a non-profit organization called the Four Directions Trading Post. I also gained valuable experience in creating websites, graphic design, and video/photo editing. (February 2019
- July 2019)
Vancity Original: Content Creator (temporary assignment)
● Using Facebook and Instagram ads, I created a social media campaign for a Mitchell & Ness Nostalgia Co. collaboration with Vancity Original . Vancity Original saw a 10% increase in social media following throughout my two-week promotion of the September 28th launch of the all-new Vancity (or Vancouver) Grizzlies merchandise. (September 2018) Vancouver TheatreSports League: Content Creator (temporary assignments)
● Produced content on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter that showcases the backstage and onstage events from the company’s weekly show called #NoFilter. (March 2017 - August 2017)
● Produced content on Instagram that showcased the backstage activities from the company’s international improv festival called Throwdown. In the two days that I was producing content on the VTSL Instagram account, their Instagram following increased by 10% with 80% retention of those new followers. (February 2017)
● Improvisor performing for the theatre company’s weekly Rookie League show called Rookie Night. (June 2016- November 2018)
Vancouver Fringe Festival: Communications Coordinator
● Responsibilities included collecting and organizing registration data from patrons and Fringe artists on multiple databases, and producing content for the organization’s social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram). I was also responsible for documenting the events leading up to (and during) the festival by writing newsletters for the Fringe website using Wordpress. (June 2016 - September 2016)
● Daily video and audio content posted on my Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and podcast accounts. My social media following has seen an organic growth of over 115,000 accounts since January 2018. (January 2018- current) VanCity Comedy:
● Curated a now deactivated Instagram community that was based on live comedy in Vancouver. Everyday I posted a calendar-style list of improv, stand-up, and sketch comedy shows that were taking place in the city. The following organically grew to 1570 accounts in one year.(June 2017 - August 2018)
Trinity Western University:
Trinity Western University Dean’s Entrance Scholarship. (2012-2016) Province of British Columbia:
British Columbia Grade 12 Provincial Scholarship Award for Excellence. (2012) Athletics:
Trinity Western University Spartans:
Pacific World Cup at the 2013 Vancouver Sun Harry Jerome Indoor Games (Team Award). (2013)
Gold Standard Award. (2008)
Coquitlam Cheetahs Track and Field Club:
Most Improved Junior Male Award. (2008)
Exemplary Attitude. (2007)
Laura Wheeler: Wind Sun Sky Entertainment, Sr. Director of Business Affairs email@example.com
Debby Reis: Vancouver Fringe Festival, Communications Director 604-***-**** (ex. 105)