CATHY C. SMITH
firstname.lastname@example.org 973-***-**** linkedin.com/in/cathycsmith Hackensack, NJ 07601 Senior IT Project & Program Manager
Digital Transformation Enterprise Implementations Software Development Customer Experience Versatile Senior IT Project and Program professional with a proven track record of building digitally enabled financial institutions; Investment, Commercial and Consumer Banking. Highly effective at deploying and developing enterprise systems, applications, and cloud-based solutions (SaaS). Consistently selected to lead C-Level, cross-functional, and IT development teams to collaborate on large complex digitalization projects that enable companies to move forward. Technical proficiency in Salesforce, MS-Project, Visio, Sharepoint, Agile, and PMBOK methodology. Knowledge of IT Infrastructure, Business Continuity Planning, MS-Azure, AWS Cloud, Scrum, Agile, Jira, Waterfall, and ServiceNow. Self-published a book titled “How to Become a Digital Leader: A Roadmap to Success,” to inform leaders of knowledge needed to succeed in the digital economy.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Project Management: IT Project Lifecycle: Value-Added Leadership: System Migrations & Integrations Project Management & Delivery IT Vendor & Team Management Enterprise Implementations Budgeting & Costing Change Management Cloud/System Development Portfolio Management Regulatory Remediation Lead Product & Application Management Risk Management/QC & QA Strategic Business & IT Planning Automation & Process Optimization UAT Testing & Rollout Enterprise PMO Management PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
CIT Bank, (NYSE: CIT), NY
Senior Project Manager (Contract) – Commercial Banking Transformation Jun 2019 – Dec 2019 Led Commercial Finance, Real Estate, Capital Equipment, Finance, and Risk Management executives on a portfolio of Target Operating Model Transformation initiatives within an Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO). As a “trusted advisor” to C-Level and Business Unit leaders, executed technology, sales, governance, and process redesign projects.
• Collaborated with Ernst & Young Advisory Financial Services Transformation Delivery, Operating/Steering Committee, Sales, and 7 workstreams to strategically execute the Credit End to End Large Ticket Program.
• Managed lifecycles of large-scale and complex Salesforce and transformational projects for over 15 middle market business units including Healthcare, Film, Data Center, and Energy Finance industries, realizing significant benefits in reduced labor hours, increased controls, and system integrations.
• Partnered with Corporate Functions Technology to evaluate the inoperative aspects of mission critical systems and end-of-life software applications that indicated the elimination of 21 servers, 3 databases, and impacted 200 users, which resulted in a decision to implement a cloud-based solution (AWS).
• Formulated governance oversight, standardization, and effective IT training for credit operations. Deployed a cloud-based validation tool to detect fraud, remediate data, and provide analytics for a $25 billion loan portfolio.
• Led Business Units and Risk Management executives on agile change management projects in preparation for the Mutual of Omaha acquisition and the multi-year nCino Loan Origination System implementation. Valley National Bank, (NYSE: VLY), NJ
Senior Project Leader/Officer – Technology and Operations Dec 2015 – Jul 2018
• Led cross-functional teams utilizing Agile methodology for Sprint delivery of technology/operational projects.
• Executed adoption of mobile capabilities, digital channels, and cloud platforms (nCino and Salesforce).
• Managed lifecycle of large-scale and complex projects; Data Privacy and Protection, Applications Management, System Integration, Imaging, Accounting, Regulatory/Financial Reporting, Electronic Transaction Processing, ACH/Bill Pay Aggregation, Automation, Content Management Systems, Shared Services, Outsourcing, Process Re- engineering, Customer Experience, Merger/Acquisition, QA, and Web Development.
• Accelerated a bank-wide Project LIFT program with executive change management teams to analyze business units, automate operations, reduce costs, and train users.
• Hosted technology demos, toured facilities, and evaluated vendors for selection. Managed IT Vendor contract negotiations, project plans/budgets, invoices, and SLA, BRD, FRD, QA, QC, and UAT, utilizing MS Project. Cathy C. Smith Page 2 of 2
Chameleon Consulting, NJ & NYC – IT Project Management Consultant Jul 2012 – Jun 2019 Pantheon-EY, CA – Digital Banking Transformation Consultation Guidepoint, NY – Bank Technology Consultations
Gerson Lehrman Group, NY – Bank Technology Consultations Coleman Research Group, NY – Bank Technology Consultation Deutsche Bank, Wall Street, NYC – Senior Technology Project Management Consultant GREATER HUDSON BANK, N.A. (OTC: GHDS), NY
Vice President – Technology & Operations - Project Management Nov 2010 to May 2012 Recruited after a 30-day consulting assignment and promoted after 10 months. Reported to the President, Board of Directors and Chief Lending Officer. As a “trusted advisor,” developed, implemented, and administered technology loan projects.
• Developed and led project teams to implement a Consumer Mortgage Registration System, S.A.F.E. Act Licensing, and Trouble-Debt Restructuring Program one year ahead of regulatory schedule.
• Led projects related to system integration/upgrades, database management, and pilot testing of ALLL platforms.
• Effectively collaborated with board of directors, senior management, third party vendors, and regulatory agencies to launch a new online Residential Mortgage product in 6 months.
• Led and completed portfolio of infrastructure projects to ensure remediation of audit findings for Credit Administration and Loan Servicing, resulting in enhanced governance and improved risk profile with U.S. Regulators.
• Collaborated with regulators and implemented an ALLL model, re-engineered workflows, and improved cross- functional communications, increasing productivity rate to 95%.
• Standardized policies/procedures, manual processes, and re-designed the architecture of a core banking system to deliver accurate Business Intelligence. Reduced report generation from 30 days to 2 minutes. PRIOR EXPERIENCE
HSBC Bank USA, N.A., Assistant Vice President
Columbia Bank, Commercial Lending Officer
Renaissance Economic Development Corporation, NY, Managing Director U.S. Small Business Administration, Supervisory Loan Officer & Senior Team Leader EDUCATION
Master of Public Administration, Management, New York University, NY Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, William Paterson University, NJ CERTIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATES
Scrum Master Certification (Pending)
AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials, Audit, Analytics Service, Application Service, Data Pipeline, Storage Blockchain Foundations, Blockchain & Bitcoin Intensive and Blockchain Decision Making (MSU) Cisco Customer Success Manager Foundations (Cisco) and Digital Transformation Management (iPro Institute) Automation/Robotics Process Automation, Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, FinTech, Bitcoins, Blockchain Project Management, NJIT - Project Management Institute Bootcamp PRIOR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS / INVOLVEMENT
Founder - Women in Tech NJ & NY Meetup Group (over 700 Members) Board Member (Former Chair) - NY Institute of Technology (NYIT) – Dean’s Executive Advisory Board Member/Project Leader - Project Management Institute (PMI) Adjunct Faculty (Business & Computing) - Passaic County Community College, NJ SKILLS
Productivity Tools: Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Skype, Yammer), Clarity, Slack, Survey Monkey, Google Drive, Zoom, Cisco WebEx/Jabber, GoTo Meeting, Coinbase, Dropbox, Adobe Scan, Mobile Apps Systems (Core Loan Accounting, Commercial Loan Origination, Customer Relationship Management, Database & Content Management): Fiserv, Salesforce, Jack Henry, FIS, Baker Hill/One Point, Propay, TSYS, Harland, Synergy, UNISYS, and other proprietary systems
Programming Languages: SQL and HTML