South River, NJ firstname.lastname@example.org 215-***-**** https://www.linkedin.com/in/MikeKosmowsky/ Analytical-oriented and detail-attentive Data Analyst with 5 years of experience developing databases and analyzing, validating, manipulating, interpreting and visualizing big data. Advanced knowledge of Business Intelligence tools, understanding complex worksheets and creating, testing and maintaining automation scripts to eliminate manual intervention.
BlackRock November 2019 - Current
Data Analyst in SMA, Princeton, NJ (November 2019-Current)
● Primary responsibility is automating, building and supporting critical workflows within Retail SMA.
● I work with stakeholders as a data translator, citizen developer and subject-matter expert for Retail SMA processes.
● I also produce metrics for senior management.
Prudential Financial July 2007– November 2019
Senior Actuarial Associate in Individual Life Insurance, Newark, NJ (May 2015- November 2019)
● Aggregated data and insured proper data hygiene for annual assumption updates including mortality, lapse and premium payment patterns.
● Generated reporting and presented recommended updates and documentation to the senior reporting committee on mortality and lapse rates.
● Managed the implementation of the eSAM conversion project. Migrated reporting formats and tables, processing and report creations from old systems onto the eSAM platform.
● Collaborated with the modeling and assumption teams on the eSAM project to confirm the new data tables were loaded on time, tested and supported existing models.
● Partnered with senior management to generate quarterly reporting of highly material mortality trends including high face claims and high retained clients.
● Ensured governing requirements were met by running regulatory data feed to NYSID and KID including data changes, data submission and responses to inquiries for Prudential’s 6 legal entities.
● Utilized SQL to access ILI policy level data for various analysis needs on an annual and ad hoc basis.
● Preserved the integrity and accuracy of the LifeMeasure platform with table coding, updates and reports.
● Updated long overdue training procedures for a team of 4 people. Business Analysis Associate in Long Term Care, Dresher, PA (June 2014 – May 2015)
● Liaison between Operations, Business and Systems to support inflation and re-rate changes.
● Documented business specifications/rules.
● Reviewed user and operations request and conducted data-gathering interviews.
● Designed and implemented test for systems conversion. Accounting Associate in Long Term Care, Dresher, PA (July 2007 – June 2014)
● Investigated and resolved complex issues as the lead contact on the Call Resolution Team.
● Analyzed and reported work trends.
● Enhanced procedures by partnering with operational associates to increase customer focus and quality.
● Provided support to key group clients/account management on policy administrative and billing needs.
● Rider University, Lawrenceville, NJ, Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science and Finance SOFTWARE SKILLS
● SQL, Python, DBeaver, Tableau, VBA and DB2; LifeMeasure and ULMeasure - Polysystems experience study platforms; Inspro, GGY AXIS, Prophet; Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Power BI and Outlook, Aladdin, Aqua Data Studio, ADAM