Matthew Douglas Furness
*** ***** ******* ****, *********** New Brunswick, E3B 2G8
: https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-furness-970196167/ Summary: Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering student at UNB Fredericton. Excellent experience as a Surveyor, Crew Supervisor and Junior Field Engineer. Seeking to further professional knowledge and experience in these areas and wish to obtain my CLS, PLS and P.Eng certifications. Highlights:
• Skilled with AutoCAD Civil 3D
• Accustomed to working alone without a crew or supervision
• Calm Under pressure with ability to handle a large workload
• Team Management and Leadership Skills
• Learned to operate some forms of heavy equipment
• Proficient operation of all forms of surveying instruments
• Technical and practical knowledge valuable in both the field and office Education
2016- Current -Currently in 4th year Bachelor of Science in Geomatics and Geodesy Engineering
-University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, NB
2019: June 3rd – August 30th
Geotechnical Inspector / Canadrill Ltd/ Nunavut / & Surveyor / Williams Nutter Ltd Land Surveying
- Surveying work was done under Direction of Mike Williams of WNL Surveying
- Geotechnical Inspector and Crew Supervisor for Canadrill Ltd.
- Singlehandedly performed Topographic, Volume/Stockpile and Pile layout surveys across Nunavut.
- Post processed survey data alongside Mike Williams
- Draft maps and calculate surveys on AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Inspector duties included determining depth of pile boreholes, ensuring that borehole is adequate, and pile is installed correctly, taking grout samples and thermistor readings, writing daily field reports.
- Supervision duties included managing employees, coordinating work and organizing crew to perform efficiently.
- Responsible for all forms such as JHA’s and FLHA’s, meetings, work permits, etc.
- Traveled to many communities throughout Nunavut. 2018: July 9th – August 22nd
Construction Surveyor and Crew Supervisor/ Canadrill Limited / Nunavut.
- The placement of piles for building foundations, establishing elevations for pile cut off and the placement and alignment of pile caps to be welded.
- Analyzing legal survey plans and building design plans to form the layout of the project at hand.
- Calculate pile layout points to be staked out.
- Aided the labourers/drill helpers with general labour when required 2018: May 7th – June 26th
General Laborer / TEXCON Textured Concrete Designs/ NB
- Introduced to a new aspect of construction, learned new techniques and knowledge of the trade 2017: May 1st- Aug 30
Construction Laborer / Atlantic Underground Services Ltd./ NB
- Extensive knowledge about construction workplace safety, emergency procedures and cautiousness
- Demonstrated adaptability and improvisation
- Developed Exceptional Organizations skills