Karthikeyan.R Network and Security Engineer
To move up the career path while contributing towards the achievement of organizational goals as a dedicated Networking Professional with an organization that recognizes hardwork, skills and talent, and the same to achieve organizational growth.
• Routers: Cisco, ASR, HP, Juniper • Routing Protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP
• Switches: Cisco, Dell, Huawei • Switching: VLAN, VTP, STP
• Firewall: Fortigate, ASA • MPLS
• Load balancer: F5 LTM • Security Technologies: IPSEC, GRE, VPN
• NMS: CA Spectrum, SolarWinds • Redundancy Protocols: HSRP, VRRP, GLBP
• IDS and IPS: Genie, Defense Pro • NAT, Access List, DHCP
• Packet Capture: Wireshark • DDoS Security Services
• Email Security
Certifications: CISCO ID: CSCO12671509
CCNA Routing and Switching (200-120) CCNP
CCNA Cyber Security Fundamentals (210-250)
Professional Experience (Over all Experience – 6.6 years) Network Support Analyst ( 1.2 Year ), November 2018 to Present. NTT Data Information Processing Services – Coimbatore.
• Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, configuring, and deploying LAN/WAN solutions to the Client Infrastructure.
• Installing, configuring and maintaining the Network devices like Cisco Routers (2900, 2800, 1900, 1800, 1700)
• Installing, configuring and maintaining the Network devices like Cisco Switches (6500,4500, 3700, 3500, 2900)
• Installing, configuring and maintaining the Network devices like Firewalls (ASA, Fortigate)
• Administration, configuring and maintaining of Load Balancers like F5 - LTM
• Administration, configuring and maintaining of CISCO Email Security Appliances. L2 Network Engineer (3.11 Years), December 2014 to November 2018 Sify Technologies Limited – Chennai
• Assuring 24*7 support for performance related and implementation services.
• Hands on experience on configuration and troubleshooting on L1 and L2 level issues.
• Configuration and Implementation of Last mile Protocols like Static and Dynamic Routing Protocols.
• Configuration of MPLS-VPN customers such as implementation of Hub-Spoke, Full Mesh topologies.
• Configuring and troubleshooting of L2TPv3, L2MPLS links for clients and other service providers like TATA, Bharthi Airtel, Reliance.
• Troubleshooting WAN, LAN & application related issues of all MPLS based customers.
• Troubleshooting Latency issues, Packet loss, Application/Site accessibility issues for Internet/IVPN based services.
• Troubleshooting Site to Site, Site to Remote VPN related issues.
• Performing Customer Migration activity of L2MPLS, L3MPLS and Routing to Bridge mode customers.
• Performing VC Break test on L2MPLS and L3MPLS Customer Links for Packet drops and link down issues.
• Supporting and performing failover testing over Primary and secondary links
• Supporting DC-DR activity and Auto Fall back testing for customers.
• Troubleshooting and configuration of redundancy protocols HSRP, VRRP and GLBP. Project: - Managed Distributed Denial of Service:
MDDoS Protect is an On-Cloud Network protection System against DDoS Attacks. Taking care of 24/7 monitoring the MDDoS customer and evaluate the legitimate of attack and scrub the attack traffic by enabling mitigation.
• Good knowledge in configuration of Detection and Mitigation Settings for protection against DoS
(Denial of Service) and DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks using Genie (IDS) and Radware Platforms (IPS).
• Monitoring and analyzing traffic behavior and taking necessary action against the suspicious attack traffic under DDoS services.
• Worked on Genie Platform for appropriate DDoS Attack Detection Settings on the customer’s setup.
• Worked on Radware DDoS User Interface Absolute Vision and implemented mitigation of DDoS Attacks through DefensePro DDoS Attack Filtering Device.
• Experience in implementing real time defences to protect the customer’s network and Sify’s network infrastructure during attack time.
• Good knowledge in various types of DDoS attacks
Network Support Engineer (1.4 Years), July 2013 to November 2014 Sify Technologies Ltd. PayRoll - Talent Maximus Pvt Ltd – Chennai.
• Assuring 24/7 supports for monitoring Sify's Infrastructure.
• Monitoring the T1, T2, T3 and T4 POP locations.
• Monitoring the customers Internet and MPLS links.
• Raising dockets for the outage and link down issues.
• Raising dockets for the link down issues with other service providers like TATA, AIRTEL, BSNL, RCOM, etc.
• Raising Internal Trouble Tickets for Customer's service-related issues. Educational Summary
Qualification Board/University Year Marks
B.E Maharaja Engineering College, Avinashi 2013 7.8 CGPA H.S.C Pandiaraj Memorial Mat Hr. Sec School, Kotagiri 2008 60 % S.S.L.C CSI Hr. Sec School, Kotagiri 2006 75 %
Nationality : Indian
Blood Group : B Positive
Communication Address : No.4 1st Street, Sree Gardens Village Nagar, Kurumbapalayam,
Coimbatore - 641107
I hereby assure that all the information above is true to the best of my knowledge. Date: Signature