Fresno CA 93704
Highly motivated, outcome-focused and experienced Electrical engineer with a demonstrated history of working in the steel industry. Skilled in AutoCAD, Matlab, Microsoft Excel, Proteus and Orcad. Strong operations professional with a BEng in Electrical and electronic engineering from University of Sunderland. Excelled in product development, Lean Manufacturing system and Operation research with more than 04 years of hands on experience in prestigious Organization in Sri Lanka.
• Project management
• Strong decision maker
• Complex problem
• Team Player
Engineering Trainee - 11/2013 to 03/2014
Ceylon Buisness Appliances, Dehiwala
• Maintenance, servicing and repairing of DAB machines, coin counters, fax machines and pos machines.
• Trouble shooting and rectifying faults of DAB machines, coin counters, fax machines and pos machines.
• Trouble shooting and fault finding in the PCB boards of battery backup devices.
• Printing of new PCB boards for the specific and optimised design for equipments.
• Carry out quality tests and inspect for faults on new products
(DAB Machines, Fax machines, Coin counters and POS machines).
Engineering Trainee - 05/2014 to 05/2015
Melwire Rolling (Pvt) Ltd, Ekala
• Maintaining, implementing or improving electrical instruments, facilities and equipments.
• Performing wide range of engineering tasks by operating engineering software's.
• Analyzing reports of maintenance and identifying the major cause.
• Studying and analyzing the technical specifications of electrical equipments.
Electrical Engineer - 07/2015 - to date.
Melwire Rolling (Pvt) Ltd, Ekala
• Gained electrical, electronic engineering experience in hot rolling mill with a capacity - 25000 MT/month (Danieli Mill).
• Gained electrical and electronic engineering experience in Wire rod mill - 12000 MT/month (Newfield Mill).
• Ensuring no disturbance in the production unit from the Electrical and Instrumentation department.
• Carry out preventive maintenance to ensure the working condition of electrical equipments.
• Submitting reports to the Electrical manager regarding breakdowns and suitable maintenance options.
• Analyze the major cause for the breakdowns and follow preventive maintenance procedures.
• Worked with ABB PLC (PM591 - ETH), Siemens PLC (S7 300, S7 400).
• Worked with Parker DC drives, Parker AC drives, ABB AC drives, Siemens DC Drives.
• Worked and maintenance of ABB HT panel (33kv).
• Worked with compressors, HV/LV transformers.
• Erection and commissioning of 18 stand Rolling mill.
• Erection and commissioning of pusher furnace with a capacity of 50 Ton/HR.
• Erection and commissioning of LV transformers.
• Erection and commissioning of DC motors, AC motors, DC drive panel lineup, AC panel lineup and HT panel lineup.
• Worked with Sparkonix special purpose RIB cutting machine.
• Worked with CK6150 CNC Lathe.
• Worked with Sparkonix special purpose CNC roll machine.
• Erection and commissioning of 33kv Capacitor banks.
• Worked with compressors, HV/LV transformers and 33kv substations.
Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and electronic engineering. Second class Honours (First Division)
HND Diploma in Electrical and electronic engineering. Certifications
• Vijeo Citect
• TIA portal
• IBA Analyzer
• Visual basic
• Sinamics Starter
(Siemens DC drives)
• Drive composer (ABB
• Electrical maintenance
• Equipment erection and
• Operations and
• Electrical automation