Columbia University, Columbia College New York, USA Bachelor of Arts, Joint Economics-Statistics Major September 2015-May 2020 Dean’s List, John Jay Scholar, GPA 3.6
Relevant coursework: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics, Statistics, Programming in Java London School of Economics and Political Science London, UK Full Year Study Abroad: The General Course September 2017-June 2018 2017 Columbia College Richard Kohn Study Abroad Fellowship Relevant coursework: International Economics, Principles of Finance, Probability, Distribution Theory, and Inference Professional Experience
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG), Doha, Qatar October 2019- December 2019 Visiting Associate
• Designed the Fintech section and the regulatory sandbox program of a central bank in the Middle East Kaoun, Tunis, Tunisia January 2018-October 2019
Co-founder and COO
Kaoun is a fintech Start-up with the mission of making Tunisia cashless and financially inclusive. Our first product Flouci is a blockchain powered interbank mobile money wallet.
• Pitched Flouci to an angel investor in London and raised $200,000 in seed funding, which increased Kaoun’s total seed funding to $440,000.
• Won a grant of $25,000 from the Tamer Fund for Social Enterprise at the Columbia Business School to promote the adoption of Flouci among rural communities.
• Pitched Flouci to USAID and secured $6000 in grant funding to perform penetration testing on Flouci.
• Led negotiations with the CEOs of major telcos, banks, microfinance institutions as well as heads of government bodies to sign deals and partnerships.
• Managed multiple teams within the company to develop the value proposition of Flouci, fine-tune our business model and draft a nationwide sales mission action plan.
Bank Al Etihad, Amman, Jordan June 2017-August 2017 Product Development Intern, SME Department
Bank Al Etihad is a leading commercial bank in Jordan.
• Conducted a full performance review for a range of SME products of the bank and presented a proposal for a bank assurance product to the head of the department.
• Collaborated with professors of the Frankfurt School of Management on developing a pre-screening strategy for clients to minimize defaulting risks.
• Redesigned the application form for the annual SME awards competition, reviewed the candidates and developed a new prize concept “Best Social Enterprise” for future competitions.
• Generated marketing content in Arabic for the various products for a newly designed online platform of the bank. Global Strategic Advisory, Tunis, Tunisia May 2016-August 2016 Economic Policy Consultant
Global Strategic Advisory is a boutique consultancy owned and led by the former Tunisian prime minister Mehdi Jomaa. It advises public institutions, governments, and international organizations.
• Compiled and analyzed macroeconomic data on Tunisia in coordination with local economic experts.
• Wrote a 120-page report in order to assess the performance of the Tunisian economy, suggest reforms, and outline investment opportunities.
• Discussed potential American investments in Tunisia during a meeting in New York with Mehdi Jomaa and Madeleine Albright in September 2016, following the internship.
ACTIVITIES AND LEADERSHIP
• Participant, BCG ASPIRE Middle East in Boston April 2019
• Audio-visual Assistant, Columbia School of Social Work January -May 2017
• Organizing Committee Member, The Arab Student Association at CU September-May 2017
• Fundraising campaign leader, Local Tunisian Sustainable Development NGO April 2017 SKILLS
Languages: French, Arabic, and English (Full Professional Proficiency); German (Elementary) Technical: Programming in Java, R, and Pascal; Tableau