email@example.com +1-902-***-**** Halifax, NS
Bachelor Engineering (B.Eng.) in Civil Engineering Dalhousie University (DAL) Halifax, NS
- Class of 2021, 3rd year student, completed four out of eight academic terms. SKILLS SUMMARY
- Experience in using SolidWorks to create design of machines, joints, and buildings.
- Experience with using S-Frame, GIS, and Civil 3D in several school projects.
- Familiar with C, MATLAB.
- Proficient with MS Office Software Suite, particularly with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Project
- Previous experience leading projects in past jobs.
- Able to present and discuss project information to current or potential clients.
- Outstanding time-management skills developed while balancing schoolwork and extra-curriculars. Hand-Working
- Experienced in using several industrial machineries.
- 2+ years of laboratory experience in chemistry and physics courses.
- Physically fit, enjoys outdoor activities and teamwork. Technical
- Outstanding problem-solving skills developed through participation in design teams at DAL.
- A fast-learner, eager to learn new skills and technical knowledge.
- Able to work effectively both individually and as part of a team.
- Great ability to motivate teammates during tough tasks, developed through numerous school projects and extracurriculars.
Languages - Fluent in English, Arabic, Hindi, and Urdu. WORK EXPERIENCE
Jul to Aug
JUNIOR ENGINEERING (Full-Time)
Garden Food Bar Halifax, NS
- Managed and assisted labor force in preparing for the cafe opening by wiring, connecting and assembling large chandeliers and organizing and setting up tiles.
- Responsible for communicating with potential customers and new suppliers.
- Developed a “safety-first” mindset, keeping an eye on unsafe acts and preventing potentially dangerous situations.
May to Jun
DEMOLITION WORKER (Full-Time)
Talent Works Halifax, NS
- Completed demolition tasks using heavy industrial equipment along with material handling.
- Worked well independently with limited guidance, and as part of a team to complete larger tasks. May to Jun
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Part-Time)
University First Class Painting Halifax, NS
- Met with new customers and provided helpful advice and a great service.
- Tracked daily sales, becoming proficient with Microsoft Excel and online platforms. Jun to Jul
Dutco Tennant Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
- Answered phone calls to help with client needs, scheduled meetings and organized recorded files.
- Responsible for data input into company system using MS Word and Excel. SAIF KHAN
firstname.lastname@example.org +1-902-***-**** Halifax, NS EXTRACURRICULAR AND LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
American Concrete Institute (ACI) at DAL Halifax, NS
- Goal: to design the optimal concrete mix that maximizes the material’s Elastic Modulus.
- Assisted in preparing test batches and provided ideas for improvement. Sep 2019
Concrete Canoe Team at DAL Halifax, NS
- Goal: to design a concrete canoe that fits four people and is cost effective.
- Applied use of mechanics concepts learned in coursework to provide ideas for improving the design. Jan to May
Seismic Building Design Competition at DAL Halifax, NS
- Goal: to build a prototype of a 10-story building out of wooden pieces, and to design an effective damping system to prevent failure during an earthquake, simulated using a shake table.
- Brainstormed ideas and developed an effective design without compromising building’s aesthetic. Sep 2016 to
New World International School Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
- Motivated teammates and raised team morale, ensuring safety was a top priority.
- Organized various matches and was responsible for coordinating inter-school tournaments.