ASHLEY GILBERT FERNANDES
Al Khobar – Eastern Province- Saudi Arabia
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com Position Applying for – Accounts Payable Specialist 18 years’ experience in all aspects of Accounting payables EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
Graduation in Commerce Stream (B’com)
Date of Birth - July 01, 1976
Nationality - Indian
Driving Licence - Valid Saudi and Indian License
Iqama Transfer - Yes Transferable
SAP Training in Houston
Diploma in Office Automation
~Currently working on Orion (Oracle) Accounting Software
~Worked on SAP Module (FBL1N / ME23N /ME2N / L81N/FB08)
~Worked on Dynamics – Excepta Accounting Software
~ Well Versed with MS office (Word and Excel) and web world and Tally Focused, goal-seeker Senior Accounting Professional with 18 years’ experience in all aspects of accounting payables across various countries, including India, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Qatar. Proven expertise in reviewing all payables information, preparing vendor and bank reconciliations, whilst enhancing accuracy of the reports generated. Strong leader with success in leading team members to deliver positive results, while supporting complex objectives. Demonstrate ability to maintain records and reports, consistently, as well as follow accounting policies and procedures and standard operating procedures of the company. ACCOUNTING AND MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
• Payroll / Vendor Administration
• Effective petty Cash Flow Management
• Bank Reconciliation / Cash Liquidation
• Transactions Processing / Report Creation
• Record Management /Debt Collections
ASHLEY GILBERT FERNANDES• PAGE 2
ZAMIL ARCHITECTURAL INDUSTRIES – KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA Accountant - Payable - July 2018 – Present Job
Duties Carried out
• Reconcile accounts, bank reconciliations and payroll statements, as well as sort out the discrepancies; negotiate with banks and auditors for documentation requirement.
• Managed accounts payable, set up accounts, and prepared journal entries and reports for management; posted invoices, expense reports, utility bills and all payable documents
• Maintain data system of accounting records and upheld a set of controls to mitigate risks Processed billings by coordinating with contractors, subcontractors, and vendors for delivery of payment. Evaluated and submitted documents and sustained strict control over payables and assets to ensure timely settlement and avail prompt payment discount.
• Skilfully prepared variation statements and comparison statements for monthly interim bills
• Verified all variances and accruals, created all balance sheet and income statements. MADELINE CATERING PROJECTS CO. LTD., GULF – KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA-
Accountant - Payable - March 2016 – April 2018 (2 Years 1 month) Duties Carried out
• Working accurately on finance and accounting policies, and procedures, as well as preserve payment records of inventory, rents utilities, and MSA for non-payments.
• Directed collection management, allocation, and release of payments for all local & overseas agents. Controlled transactions and credits, handled petty cash, and created Ageing report; controlled all finance functions to meet requirements of the auditors and clients.
• Checked weekly bank and loan statements and followed up with clients for payments
• Expertly handled day-to-day cash, credit vouchers, bank invoices, and wage/salary sheets, as well as updated the creditors’ accounts, as per the transactions ROWAN COMPANIES - RDC ARABIA DRILLING INC., GULF – KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA
, Accountant - Payable - April 2010 – Feb 2016 (5 Years 10 Months) Duties Carried out
• Coordinated with departments and auditors for PO amendments and payments of invoices to clear MRBR reports, whilst ensuring clearance of all invoices for closings.
• Formulated progress reports, saved records, and drafted correspondences for clients
• Produced revenue/expense reports, verified approvals, and settled advance payments to ensure correct matching of payments with invoices. Opened vendor accounts, and quickly resolved discrepancies, to raise debit notes and follow up payments for credit notes.
• Effectively coordinated with all candidates, departments, and branch offices for delivery of payments, and ensured delivery of status updates in a timely manner. ASHLEY GILBERT FERNANDES• PAGE 3
HYUNDAI HEAVY INDUSTRIES CO. LTD. -GULF – STATE OF QATAR Accountant - Payable - Oct 2009 – Mar 2010 (06 Months- Project Completion) Duties Carried out
• To process billings of Contractors & Subcontractors and Suppliers based on the accomplishment and documents submitted and evaluated by the Project engineers
• To maintain strict control over payables and to take timely action to ensure timely settlement and to avail the prompt payment discount, if applicable.
• To co-ordinate with the Contractors / Vendor for the pick-up / delivery of the payment and to provide details for correct matching in their books.
• To generate any expense related reports for comparison with budgets & for any analysis.- To ensure reconciliations with major Contractors / Suppliers on periodical basis.
HYUNDAI HEAVY INDUSTRIES CO. LTD., GULF - KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA& BAHRAIN
, Accountant - Payable - March 2006 – Sep 2009 (03 Years 06 Months) Duties Carried out
• To account the invoice under correct account with correct cost & profit center, after verifying necessary approvals & documents (LPO / Delivery order etc), in a timely manner with meaningful narrations.
• To follow up for invoices / settlement for advance payments.
• To ensure timely & correct matching of payments with the invoices.
• To act & resolve any discrepancies noticed and to raise Debit notes & to follow up for the credit notes.
• To open new vendor accounts with complete details & to maintain the vendor master
• To handle the petty cash function relating to Project department.- INTERNATIONAL GROUP OF COMPANIES LLC, GULF - SULTANATE OF OMAN
Accounts / Admin Executive - Dec 2003 – Dec 2005 (02 Years) Duties Carried out
• Preparing monthly interim bills - project wise for respective clients.
• Preparing bills relating to materials on and off site
• Preparing bills relating to amount of raw materials consumed.
• Preparing comparison statements for each monthly interim bills.
• Keeping records on amount certified and uncertified for each interim bills. ASHLEY GILBERT FERNANDES• PAGE 4
AL - KAZIM CONSTRUCTION CO., GULF - SULTANATE OF OMAN Accounts Assistant - May 2003 – Dec 2003 (08 Months) Duties Carried out
• Entry of cash and credit vouchers using Tally 6.3 version.
• Maintaining day to day cash and bank transactions.
• Follow up with clients for payments
• Weekly checking for bank statements, loan statements etc.
• Preparing wage sheets and salary sheets
• Updating individual creditors accounts as per the transactions. MULTILINK MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS PVT.LTD.,India, Mumbai Accounts/Operation Assistant, Oct 2001 – Mar 2003 (01 Year 05 Months) Duties Carried out
• Handling individual companies and attending to their day to day requirements
• Preparation of debit, credit and general ledgers
• Interaction with candidates for payments..
• Follow up with all communication received from the individual clients and ensure regular status updates to be given what ever the reason.Co-ordinate with individual branch offices as and when required.
• Co-ordinate with consulate department closely and maintain proper records of visa utilisation, balance visa's and reconcile with the consulate department on weekly basis. Maintain proper filing system for each individual client handled. MODEL CO-OPERATIVE BANK LTD., INDIA, MUMBAI
Senior Officer, Feb1999 – Feb 2001 (02 Years)
Duties Carried out
• Generated bank account statements, formulated general ledgers, debit, and credit control, and responded to queries; maintained records of visa utilisation and filing system for clients
• Administered operations of various accounts, such as savings, current and fixed deposit; led the authorisation of cash, cheques and vouchers, arrange demand drafts and pay orders
• Oversaw branch computerization and systemization, documentation of loans and marketing functions, to increase customer base and provide excellent service to the existing customers.
• Worked on setup of branch computerization and systemization.
• Responsibilities also included being a part of the marketing function so as to increase the banks customer base and provide service to the existing customers.