C U R R I C U L U M V I T A E
OWURA AKWASI ACHEAMPONG
DATE OF BIRTH
P. O. BOX 4025,
30th April 1995
OBJECTIVE Work in IT support, Engineering as an FMS dispatcher and technician, incident and problem management areas that allows me to be a part of the strategic planning and management with enough exposure to the functional and operational environment in the mining industry with safety being a part of me also offering a possibility for training and growth.
Communication: I have good writing and presentation skills that allow me to work well in a corporate environment.
Interpersonal Skills: I work well on my own or in a team and I have very good human relation. Attention to detail: I have learnt to be critical and precise due to my background in computer engineering and working as an IT analyst.
Hardworking: I have thrived in a mining company which has a reputation for demanding only the best from their employees.
Adaptable: I have worked in a corporate office and am work in a mining environment which is demanding and remotely located.
Insight Discovery: I have attended an Insight discovery program which reveals your persona. I am very good with people, good team player, and always full of ideas.
EXPERIENCE SIMULATOR TRAINER, AFRICAN UNDERGROUND MINING SERVICES November 2018 to Date
Role: Works as a Simulator trainer with the EHS&T department Responsibility:
• Coach and Train both experienced and inexperienced operators on the Truck, Bogger and Jumbo on the safe operation and controls of the equipment using the simulator.
• Implement Simulator training plan and schedule for operators to achieve competencies and skills using Truck, Bogger and Jumbo operation in both development and production.
• Assembling and Disassembling of Simulator kits.
• Troubleshoot and fix simulator outstanding and reoccurring problems with the help of and Immersive Technician.
• Able to arrive at getting lots of inexperienced guys to be able to operate and be experienced operators with the help of the simulator.
• Able to change simulator kit from one to the other.
• Design and Implement training schedule plan and simulator training reports for management.
• Able to fix Simulator parts and accessories.
From September 2017 to July 2018
Role: Worked as a dispatcher by optimizing trucks and shovel’s availability and use. Safe routing of cables on mining equipment and troubleshooting of problems on systems on operational equipment’s.
Managed to get good KPI’s during my tenure of office which increased productions. OPERATIONS SOLUTIONS ANALYST, NEWMONT GHANA GOLD LIMITED From September 2017 to July 2018
Role: Worked as a solutions analyst for the mining department Responsibility: I worked with the mining department to identify key new technologies that added value to their operations and managed their requirements for technology systems. Achievements
• Providing and managing support for the Jigsaw mining operations dispatch application, MineSight design, engineering, surveying and geological software.
• Design of concept and solution for field cameras. Solar and battery powered camera setup for monitoring mining equipment
• Part of team design team for the communications and IT infrastructure for the underground mine in Ahafo
• Developing solution for the dispatch control center, for managing operations and mining fleet.
INTERN, INSTALLATIONS, NEWMONT GHANA GOLD LIMITED
From June 2016-August 2016
Role: UHP Installation (jigsaw)
Motion Metrics Installation
Responsibility: I worked on the installation of new jigsaw boxes. This was done due to the change from JSCOM hubs to UHP and installation of B-Tag to check the tire pressure and temperature to improve the tire life and motion metrics for rock fragmentation analysis. Achievements:
• Part of the team that assisted with the transition from the JSCOM to the UHP hence easy assignments to haul trucks and increase in the lifespan of our tires.
• Assisted with the setup of the McAfee antivirus services for security and virus protection as well as Mine sight installation, ARC GIS, and other operational applications.
• Setting up the interface and managing third party support for mobile and PC services. END USER AND CLIENT SUPPORT
September 2017 to July 2018
Role: Worked as a support for all end user IT equipment and systems for Newmont Ghana Gold Limited mining department.
Responsibility: I worked as a support for all end user IT equipment including but not limited to PC’s, mobile devices and tablets. I was responsible to install, configure applications and settings and ensure the continued function of their services. I also repaired and provided information for replacement when required.
• Managing information relating to equipment inventory, collecting and updating the records.
• Troubleshooting and resolving of issues in the Microsoft windows environment. Page 4
SERVICE PERSONNEL, IT TECHNICIAN, NEWMONT GHANA GOLD LIMITED
September 2017 to July 2018
Role: Work as an IT Technician for Mining Department Responsibility: I was responsible for the Mining department’s computers, network and windows environment applications. I assisted with installations of computer systems and peripherals and ensured the network availability.
Worked as a Service Personnel at Newmont Ghana Gold Limited. Managed outdoor broadcasting equipment setup and monitoring.
EDUCATION UNIVERSITY OF ENERGY AND NATURAL RESOURCES BSc. Computer Science and Informatics
September 2013- May 2017
ARMED FORCES SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
June 2009 – August 2013
Senior Secondary School Certificate
Office Administration, Strong Organizational abilities and creative problem solver, financially sound decision-making skills, good understanding in software engineering and computer or IT hardware repairs, solid MS WORD, SAP, MS EXCEL, JAVA, MS POWERPOINT, VISUAL BASIC.NET, and SQL. PERSONAL
Date of Birth: 30th April 1995
Marital Status: Single
REFERENCES JOSEPH ADU-MENSAH
Technical Applications Manager, Newmont Ghana Gold Limited firstname.lastname@example.org
KWASI ANTWI DAKWA
LAS Administrator, Newmont Ghana Gold Limited.
Radio Maintenance Supervisor
EHS&T Coordinator; African Underground Mining Services email@example.com
EHS&T SUPERINTENDENT; African Underground Mining Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. BENJAMIN ASUBAM WEYORI
Senior lecturer, University of Energy and Natural Resources email@example.com