I am an enthusiastic, hands-on IT professional with more than 10 years of experience in support (2nd and 3rd tier). I enjoy closely following the latest changes in technology and apply this to my duties wherever relevant.
Hands on Server systems and technologies:
• Experience with HP and Dell server’s installation and management;
• MS Server (2003, 2008, 2008R2 2012R2, 2016), MS Server Core;
• Active Directory Domain services, DNS, WINS, IIS, SSL, DFS File server, RADIUS, DHCP; Private Key Infrastructure;
• Exchange server 2007/2010/2013, Office365;
• VMware vSphere, vCenter from 5.0 through 6.5
• VMware NSX
• Disaster recovery tools and technologies (Veeam, NetBackup, Storage Craft, Axient);
• SAN and NAS storages, iSCSI LUN’s (Pure, Fujitsu, Nimble, Synology, TrueNAS, Windows Storage Server);
• Scripting experience (PowerShell).
• Amazon AWS and Azure Cloud experience
• Cisco ASA Series, SonicWall firewalls
• Cisco Catalyst series Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches
• Cisco ASR and ISR routers
• Windows RADIUS Services
• Aironet Access Point network
• Kemp load balancers
• RSA SecurID Two Factor Authentication
Good understanding and hands on network protocols: RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, LACP, 802.1x, DHCP, VLAN, QOS, VTP, STP, TCP/IP, IPsec, Dot1q, VPN, SSL, LDAP
IT infrastructure monitoring and management:
• Wireshark, PRTG, Splunk, SolarWinds, What’sUp Gold Monitoring Page 2 of 3
ComPsych Corporation – Systems Engineer
As tier 3 Systems Engineer, I’m working on tickets related with Infrastructure problems. Adopting and implementing system security improvements of our datacenter environment.
Managing over 150 Windows systems, 30 VMware hosts. System and network monitoring systems (PRTG and WhatsUp Gold). Managing disaster recovery solutions (NetBackup, Veeam, Zerto). Played leading role for these projects:
• Designed and implemented two tier Microsoft Certificate Authorities infrastructure.
• Designed and implemented Two Factor Authentication (RSA SecureID) project including separate Active Directory infrastructure for VPN users
• Enterprise applications upgrade and HA implementation projects
• VMware clusters buildout and migration projects
• Physical servers upgrade projects.
• VMware vSphere ESXi hosts upgrade and maintenance. Onward Technologies Inc. – Network Engineer
On daily basis I was working on escalated tickets from first line of support, solving existing network infrastructure problems, re-designing and implementing network infrastructure.
Played leading role for these projects:
• Resolved VoIP connectivity and quality issues, by separating voice and data networks. Added QoS functionality on layer 3 switch.
• Worked on a project to upgrade data center network. Replacement from single node to HA solution Cisco core switch 6500, ASR Routers.
• Re-designed and replaced old single node Juniper firewall with to two Cisco 5516-x HA connected with layer 2 stack switches.
• Worked on Wireless implementation projects. Mostly with Cisco Aironet and RUCKUS Wireless network solutions.
America’s Health & Resource Center Ltd - Network Administrator In a 120-employee company I was single point of contact for all aspects of IT support.
15 Windows servers in a physical and virtual environment. Cisco network. ASA Firewall, ARS branch routers, Aironet wireless network. Avaya IP Office VoIP network.
• Manage new IT projects, licenses.
• I was responsible for server and network infrastructure;
• Implemented security solutions to meet the company’s needs;
• VoIP system and phone network maintenance; Firmware and software updates;
• Ensure security compliance with HIPAA;
July 2017 -
August 2015 –
Page 3 of 3
• Replaced company network equipment from Netgear Firewall and unmanaged L2 switches to Cisco ASA5508-x firewall and Cisco small business switches.
• Implemented QoS, VLAN’s network segmentation by separating server, management and different departments networks.
• Voice network prioritization
• Migrated Hyper-V infrastructure single node instances to VMware vCenter two server cluster.
• Tweaked and improved Disaster Recovery strategy. Whole backup infrastructure moved to Veeam Backup solution.
NeseGroup Casino Ltd - IT Administrator
• Responsible for 150 computer workstations and telecommunication network support;
• Developed the infrastructure and security systems to meet the company’s needs;
• Acted as the first point of contact for all IT & technical queries;
• Communicated with third party technical specialists;
• Configured and maintained company domain controller and file servers, PBX system.
Elementary School - IT Administrator
“Vilniaus Jono Basanavičiaus” High School
• Responsible for 100 computer workstations and telecommunication network support; Web page support and maintenance.
• New workstations setup.
“Vilnius Gediminas” Technical University
Informatics Bachelor degree
“Vilnius Informatics and Electronics” College
Telecommunications Engineering, Professional Bachelor’s degree Certifications
300-115 Cisco CCNP Switch
HP0-S41 ATP Building HP Server Solutions
70-410 MCPS Microsoft (Server 2012 Installing and configuring) 200-120 Cisco CCNA