+1-309******* firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/prateek-lnu
University of Texas at Dallas, Dallas, TX Fall 2019 – Present Masters of Science in Computer Science GPA: 3.33/4.0 Courses: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Database Design, Data Structures and Algorithms KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, India August 2013 - May 2017 Bachelors of Technology in Computer Science, GPA: 8.07/10 Courses: Artificial Intelligence, Software Testing, Computer Networks, Operating Systems, Database Management System TECHNICAL SKILLS
Languages: C, C++, Java, Python,
Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, AWS Certified Developers – Associate WORK EXPERIENCE
Accenture, Bangalore, India, Associate Software Developer May 2017 – May 2019
• Facilitated the backend operations for merging two of the biggest hospitality sectors.
• Successfully created scripts and carried out regular activities of patching the servers using Shell scripting, SOAP UI and XML. Also resolved 400+ client’s incidents over a period of one year.
• Successfully wrote and deployed several code bases, in Groovy, over multiple sprints (in Agile framework) while working for one of the biggest retailer brands in USA.
Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), India, Intern June 2016 – July 2016
• Programmed for the Payroll System and wrote SQL queries to calculate salaries for over 50,000 employees to ensure accurate and on-time payment.
PUBLICATIONS AND PROJECTS
Prateek (2019) Breast Cancer Prediction: Importance of Feature Selection. In: Bhatia S., Tiwari S., Mishra K., Trivedi M.
(eds) Advances in Computer Communication and Computational Sciences. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 924. Springer, Singapore
EBay: A DataBase Design Project
• Created a detailed ER diagram for the system showing the different entities and the relations between them, creating the tables in SQL and normalizing them to 3NF. Also created meaningful triggers and Stored Procedures for the database.
Applications of Big Data in Smart City
• Analysed datasets for various sectors of a city (including accidents, healthcare and criminal incidents) and visualized them in order to reach to certain prominent factors that, if changed, would enhance the system of operations.
• Reviewed and summarized multiple research papers from online repositories over a period of 4 months to come up with a report of the advancements in technology for making a city smart. KIIT University Mobile Application
EZShop Mobile Application
• Developed an online shopping portal, using IBM Worklight and MongoDB, where the customers could easily locate nearby shops and items on sale, add them to their carts and go ahead with online payment. The idea of this application was to enable the customers to search through the inventory of items from nearby shops without having to physically search through them, thus saving time and increasing efficiency. Robotics using Embedded C
• Successfully built bots using Embedded C and Arduino boards, for maze-solving, line-following and temperature sensing over a period of one month during a summer training program conducted by IIT Guwahati. LEADERSHIP
Artificial Intelligence Society, UTD September 2019 – Present
• Collaborated with my team to conduct AI related talks, workshops and hackathons to increase technical know-how in this field.
Data Science Club, UTD August 2019 – Present
• Conducted various events, educational workshops, managed the club website and organized events for social promotions. Harvard Project for Asian and International Relations (HPAIR) – 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia August 2018
• Selected as one of the 600 delegates from over 60 countries and attended the Technology and Innovation track in the conference held in Kula Lumpur, Malaysia.