RYAN ROQUE MACHADO
Northeastern University, Boston, MA Master of Science in Industrial Engineering GPA 3.56/4.0 June 2019 Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mumbai University B.S. in Mechanical Engineering GPA 3.4/4.0 May 2014 TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES:
Key Skills: Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Process Improvement, Root Cause Analysis, Supply Chain Optimization, Inventory Management, Data Visualization, Procurement Strategy, Demand Planning, Quality Control, DMAIC. Tools/Software: Python, R, RStudio, SQL, Tableau, Minitab, Excel (V-Lookup, Pivot table/charts), ARENA, AutoCAD. CERTIFICATIONS:
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt – Institute of Industrial & Systems Engineers (IISE) March 2019 PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Industrial Engineer HCL America Solutions (Client: Caterpillar Inc.) – Winston Salem, NC Aug 2019 – Present
• Bolstered production rate of locomotive axle shafts by 25% through Cycle Time Analysis, Line/Operator Load Balancing & Layout Optimization.
• Reduced overall cycle times by 14% by decreasing crane/operator travel times using Time Studies & Spaghetti Charts.
• Leveraged Value Stream Mapping to analyze NVA processes, identify & eliminate bottlenecks on production lines.
• Documented Process Flow Charts, Standard Work Instructions & PFMEA’s for optimized manufacturing processes.
• Championed Material Flow routing & kitting Kanban system for engine assembly lines reducing lead time by 20%. Industrial Engineering Intern Tesla, Inc. (Gigafactory-1) - Sparks, Nevada Sept 2018 – Dec 2018
• Designed and implemented inventory slotting layout resulting in an 11% reduction in lineside delivery latency.
• Implemented JIT Kanban techniques (Smart Rack) to facilitate faster lineside pull signals & inventory accuracy.
• Benchmarked warehouse Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) with time studies resulting in savings of 140,000$.
• Conducted PFEP (Plan for Every Part) to bolster Lean improvements, SKU data integrity & reduce inventory sizing.
• Analyzed & visualized recycling data using Excel pivot tables/charts to identify Non-Value-Added (NVA) processes.
• Designed and optimized gravity-fed workstation racks to improve ergonomics and production efficiency by 10%. Process Engineer Bryca Electrosystems Pvt. Ltd. – Mumbai, India May 2016 – July 2016
• Designed a manufacturing process plan of two turbine blades about two and a half feet in diameter using CadKey.
• Improved an existing manufacturing plan resulting in a 20% increase in system throughput.
• Created First Article Inspection reports, Root Cause/Corrective Action reports in case of non-conformity. Projects Engineer Murzello Metal Finish Systems Pvt. Ltd. – Mumbai, India. July 2014 – April 2016
• Initiated bidding process of online government projects resulting in a 15% increase in sales of shot blasting machines.
• Performed Procurement operations like issuing RFQ/PO’s using inhouse ERP while maximizing supplier performance.
• Led a team of 4 to supervise Inventory Level Maintenance, In-Process inspections, first piece/article and final audit inspections to ensure compliance to customer drawing specifications and requirements.
• Spearheaded cost estimation, budgeting and 3PL logistics operations of 10 projects worth more than 1,000,000$.
• Studied CAD design drawings of shot blasting machines to conduct Material Requirement Planning (MRP) Operations. ACADEMIC PROJECTS:
Design and Implementation of an Online Application Store Database using SQL Jan 2018 – March 2018
• Developed a functioning app store database model consisting of 24 entities using TOAD data modeler and MS SQL. Demand Forecasting using R and RStudio May 2018 – June 2018
• Implemented time series analysis and built a forecasting model using ARIMA to forecast the demand for 12 months of a manufacturing company consisting of 4 warehouses and 2000 products using RStudio. Multiple Regression Model using Python Jan 2019 – April 2019
• Built a regression model to predict the fuel usage of automobiles given 8 predictor variables with 84% accuracy. Exploratory Analysis of Craigslist Car Listings using Tableau May 2019 – June 2019
• Created Tableau dashboards to analyze buying pattern & customer behavior based on 2nd hand car listings in the U.S.
• Provided valuable insight regarding depreciation in car value based on make, age, fuel type and condition. Design of Experiments using ANOVA and Minitab Jan 2019 – April 2019
• Used ANOVA to analyze the mean SO2 pollution in the air of 4 major Indian cities to test differences in air quality.