Colorado Springs, CO 80916
Recent MBA- Project Management graduate possessing a fundamental understanding of ITIL 4 Foundations and CompTIA A+, Net+, and Security + functions. Able to succeed in fast-paced, fluid working environment that requires managing multiple responsibilities while meeting established deadlines. Consistently exceeds established goals and targets by managing time, prioritizing tasks, producing quality results and accepting increases in accountabilities to support team performance. Looking to bridge the gap between my formal education, physical security and military experience, and CompTIA certifications into a career that offers personal and professional growth and longevity. Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
ORGANIZATIONAL SECURITY/CUSTOM PROTECTION OFFICER (CPO); SITE LEAD *FIREARM ENDORSED *NERC
G4S SECURE SOLUTIONS, INC - Colorado Springs, CO
November 2017 to Present
· Functioned as a Lead Supervisor of seven Security Officers, acted to ensure that all post orders were followed, established rounds were completed and that adequate reports were filed properly. Notified proper authorities and clients of emergency situations when they arose and handled the situation on the ground until help arrived. Filled out Security Officer Reports, Condition Reports, Pass-downs and Incident Reports as needed.
· Submitted payroll, shift schedules and personnel training information to the G4S Project Manager and Training Specialist. Tracked quarter, annual and bi-annual training and certification for all site personnel to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
· Utilized Safe Smart Client to adjudicate personnel access levels upon entering the building, DS Control Point and Avigilon Control Center 5 Client to monitor activity within the facility and C*Cure 9000 to monitor alarms or access issues across the site and corporate footprint.
· Ensured all aspects of the security functions were performed in a diligent manner (staffing, scheduling, and on-site training). Ensured that all contract-required training and screening elements for security personnel had been met, documented and updated in G4S trackers.
CORPORATE SECURITY/SITE SECURITY OFFICER; UNARMED
ANDREWS INTERNATIONAL GOVERNMENT SERVICES - Colorado Springs, CO 2016 to 2017
· Monitored activities within a secured corporate style building by utilizing Closed-Circuit Television(CCTV), annotating any irregularities, security issues or security breaches on a Daily Activity Report (DAR). Verbally communicated any irregularities annotated on the DAR to the Facility Security Officer and oncoming shift relief.
· Utilized the C*Cure 9000 system to monitor and acknowledge building alarms. Verified any alarm irregularities by physically checking the alarm, area and Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF). Conducted internal and external security foot patrols to ensure facility was secure. WORK EXPERIENCE
· Monitored lobby entrance to ensure incoming and outgoing personnel’s compliance with corporate policies and procedures regarding visitor and employee access into restricted and unrestricted areas within the facility.
· Utilized Joint Personnel Adjudication System to adjudicate personnel’s Government Access Level for entry, badging, and access into SCIF areas. Monitored entrances and exits, acted to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry into controlled areas, the movement of people, vehicles, and parking. Monitored remote entrances using CCTV; operated Remote Access Devices; in a calm manner directed persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property. CORPORATE SECURITY/SITE SECURITY OFFICER; UNARMED
SECURITAS CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES - Colorado Springs, CO 2015 to 2016
· Monitored activities within a corporate building by utilizing CCTV and annotating any irregularities, security issues or security breaches on a DAR. Verbally communicated any irregularities annotated on the DAR to the Facility Security Officer and shift relief.
· Monitored building’s lobby entrance to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures regarding visitor and employee access into restricted and unrestricted areas.
· Well-Versed in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Type 70+ WPM.
· Routinely conducted interior and exterior physical security checks to ensure company’s personnel, building, and equipment were secure and safe.
· Conveyed information orally or in writing to individuals or groups to ensure that they understood the message. Listened and responded appropriately to messages from others. Assistant Operations Manager; Squad Leader
September 2005 to October 2014
· Functioned as a Lead Supervisor for up to 32 personnel while overseeing and implementing the training required to get individuals proficient at job related tasks as outlined and established by company leadership. Oversaw the training and staff development at the individual, team, section and platoon level and made recommendations to company leadership on how to streamline training processes and maximize training opportunities through after-action reviews.
· Routinely utilized and maintained mission essential equipment valued at more than $20M+ to ensure proper functionality and readiness throughout 140 field training exercises and three, one year long combat deployments to the Middle East with zero loss throughout a nine-year career. Regularly maintained 100% functionality of all assigned equipment receiving written accolades on quarterly and annual Noncommissioned Officer Evaluation Reports.
· Developed and implemented a training program that prepared 200+ individuals to utilize the Javelin system. Required planning a two-week, classroom style, program before transitioning into a qualification range. Resulted in 72 personnel qualifying Expert, 87 personnel qualifying Sharp Shooter, and 41 personnel qualifying as marksman. Received an Army Commendation Medal for developing the training program and certifying over 200 personnel.
· Implemented training regimens that addressed standing guards in both static and kinetic environments, roving patrols around key infrastructure, weapons training, vehicle inspections, operations and efficiency, communications equipment and proper utilization, report writing, physical fitness, uniform wear, appearance and inspections, and overall conduct during hostile events and environments.
· Required cross-functional leadership in changing environments, training & personnel development, operations and logistical management, project planning, coordinating with adjacent personnel and units outside area of operations, and interpreting verbal and written directives from company leadership. Received written accolades on overall abilities and accomplishments while in execution of my duties.
Master's in Business Administration in Project Management EDUCATION
COLORADO TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY - Colorado Springs, CO January 2018 to June 2019
Bachelor's in Criminal Justice
Colorado Technical University-Colorado Springs
January 2015 to September 2017
access control (5 years)
operations (1 year)
scheduling (1 year)
Security (5 years)
Microsoft Office (9 years)
Facilities Management (2 years)
Cross-Functional Teamwork (7 years)
Training & Staff Development (6 years)
Operations Management (2 years)
Workforce Management (4 years)
Resource Allocation (3 years)
Records Gatekeeper (5 years)
Project Planning (2 years)
Vendor Relations (2 years)
Access Control (5 years)
Field Operations (9 years)
Logistics Management (2 years)
Site Security (5 years)
Compliance (8 years)
Safety Inspections (4 years)
ITIL 4 Foundations (Less than 1 year)
CompTIA A+ (Less than 1 year)
CompTIA Net + (Less than 1 year)
CompTIA Security + (Less than 1 year)
Branch: United States Army
September 2005 to October 2014
Trains his squad on the individual and collective tasks required to sustain combat effectiveness.
- Accountable for his men and equipment
- Submits reports for awards and decorations to senior officers .
- Directs maintenance of squad equipment and weapons
- Inspects conditions of weapons, uniform and clothing
- Ensures equal distribution of supplies and materials among squad members
- Controls emotional well-being of his soldiers
- Helps in training and development
- technical guidance and support to soldiers
- responsible for the health, morale, and welfare of his Soldiers mission objectives are carried out and that each soldier under his command understands his role in that mission and carries out his duties to the best of his ability. For example, if enemy contact is expected during the mission, the squad leader must outline each squad member's duties in fire support, under what condition regrouping is to be conducted and where the rally point for the mission is located
Army Achievement Medal x4
Army Commendation Medal x3
Overseas Service Ribbon x3
Afghanistan Campaign Medal x2
Army Good Conduct Medal x2
NATO Medal x2
Iraq Campaign Medal x1
Army Commendation Medal w "V" device for Valor x1
National Defense Service Medal x1
Global War on Terrorism Medal x1
Combat Infantryman Badge
Air Assault Badge
Colorado Springs Private Security Officers License #723953. February 2015 to February 2021
American Red Cross – Adult First-Aid/CPR/ AED Training. February 2015 to February 2021
ITIL 4 Foundations- LeaderQuest, Colorado Springs, CO MILITARY SERVICE
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
December 2019 to Present
CompTIA A+- LeaderQuest, Colorado Springs, CO
March 2020 to March 2021
March 2020 to March 2021
Supervisory Skills: Directing Others — Expert
Motivating others through feedback to identify improvements or corrective actions. Full results: https://share.indeedassessments.com/share_assignment/vs5cndzok-sgy4bl Project Management Skills: Time Management — Highly Proficient April 2019
Measures a candidate's ability to prioritize and allocate time to effectively achieve project deliverables. Full results: https://share.indeedassessments.com/share_assignment/xj86iu8cq-ooadsp Organizational Skills — Proficient
Arranging and managing information or materials using a set of rules. Full results: https://share.indeedassessments.com/share_assignment/fp9xg-unrq16vd5x Project Manager - Construction — Expert
Adapting leadership style to accomplish goals using rational or emotional appeal. Full results: https://share.indeedassessments.com/share_to_profile/ 3b60956e3cc8c2176bc3c0ea1f12286ceed53dc074545cb7
Safety Orientation Skills — Expert
Measures a candidate's ability to employ accident prevention strategies to avoid accidents and injuries. Full results: https://share.indeedassessments.com/share_to_profile/ 0aac0684b7da1544faca31338dd42223eed53dc074545cb7
Indeed Assessments provides skills tests that are not indicative of a license or certification, or continued development in any professional field.
Areas of Expertise
Facility Management Cross-Functional Teamwork Training & Staff Development Operations Management Workforce Management Resource Allocation Records Gatekeeper Project Planning Scope Development Scheduling Vendor Relations Access Control Field Operations Logistics Management MS Office Site Security Compliance Emergency Response Alarm Systems Safety Inspections First Aid/CPR/AED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION