Masters of Data Science Student
Master of Data Science-Illinois Institute of Technology August 2019 - Present GPA - 4.0
Recipient of Data Science Excellence Scholarship
Hybrid Recommendation System:
Designed a recommendation system using latent features by matrix factorization to recommend most similar items based on past user and item behaviours for ecommerce retailer data.
Improved model accuracy by normalizing the distribution of ratings by using sentiment score instead of ratings. .
Ecommerce online store:
Designed an Ecommerce store for processing orders on a user based selection while maintaining the store and warehouse inventory.
Designed a robust database which records information of all the orders placed by the customer and the inventory for each store and warehouse.
This project was implemented using MYSQL and the Tkinter Package in Python.
B.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology
August 2013 - May 2017
Mirafra Technologies, Bengaluru — Data Science Intern October 2018 - March 2019
● Developed an Algorithm for Object Detection of Vehicles using Histogram of Oriented gradients as Features and SVM classifier.
● Improved the IOU accuracy of the Algorithm using Dynamic Window Size to account for change in car dimensions across the image.
● The algorithm was implemented in Python using OpenCv,Skimage
,Numpy,Scikit-learn, and Pandas libraries.
Fractal Analytics, Mumbai— Consultant(Analytics and Insights) May 2017 - June 2018
● Worked on solving business problems by deep diving in CPG retail data across different customer-product segments to find trends leading to efficient business strategies.
● Improved the efficiency and reduced the cost to the company by automating the back end of Weekly and Monthly Spotfire reports using Data Direct,SQL and Knime.
● Developed a tool using Spotfire and Knime which tracked the association of online review key words with the average rating across different products,sections and geographies.
Amazon Web Services
AREAS OF INTEREST
Time series Modelling
Natural Language Processing