An analytical, self-motivated, and team-oriented Professional with extensive experience providing strategic support and guidance in pharmaceuticals and medical sciences. v Core Competencies: Broad clinical/ pharmaceutical/ retail background and international experience, with core competencies in patient care, drug utilization review, quality assurance awareness, medical literature analysis, change management, innovative health care initiatives, market access, managing scientific data, and logistics. Advanced understanding of PBM’s, HMO’s, Managed Care, OHIP, Medicare, and Medicaid. v Engagement and Insight: Strong ability to bridge communications between clinical development and commercial success. Able to clearly articulate solutions and identify market opportunities, as well as relay new scientific insights about products for patients. Strong public speaking skills and abilities to captivate audiences with engaging content. v Awareness and Understanding: Resourceful, with the ability to identify and evaluate new trends in therapeutic areas. Keen awareness of emerging complexities/ personalization in pharmaceutical products.
v Collaboration: Proficient communication, liaising, and leadership abilities (both working independently and as part of teams). Proven ability to establish a positive rapport with clients, peers, agencies, and other stakeholders/ organizations in communicating complex scientific and medical information.
Ohio Northern University Ohio, USA 2005- 2009
PharmD, Pharmacy (Cum Laude); 4-year Dean’s Honour List Member University of Ottawa Ottawa, ON 2000- 2004
HBSc, Biopharmaceutical Sciences (Cum Laude)
Pharmacy Manager Rexall (Ottawa, ON) 2011- Present
§ Oversee and lead all aspects of operations to increase sales, provide optimal patient care, maintain corporate budgets, and ensure compliance with regulatory policies and procedures.
§ Provide medical and drug advice/ counselling to clients. Maintain a current knowledge of products and formulations by continuously conducting medication utilization reviews, interventions, and therapy management. Administer vaccines in accordance with extended scope of practice powers.
§ Recruit, interview, train, and supervise staff, including pharmacists, technicians, interns, and students. Pharmacy Exam Assessor The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (Ottawa, ON) 2015- Present
§ Coach and mentor PEBC candidates, assessing candidate communication, interpersonal, clinical, and technical skills.
§ Observe and evaluate candidate interactions with standardized patients and clients in an objective manner. Clinical Pharmacist Montfort Hospital (Ottawa, ON) 2011- 2012
§ Served in a first-point-of-contact role, developing medication protocols, optimizing drug therapy utilization, supervising operations, distributing drugs, dispensing medications, and evaluating laboratory data.
§ Coordinated with other healthcare professionals to ensure optimal patient care. Served as a member of the P&T committee, working with hospital and institutional formularies regularly. Research Student University of Ottawa Heart Institute (Ottawa, ON) 2003- 2004 Licences, Certifications, and Professional Development
• Licence- Pharmacist, Florida Board of Pharmacy
• Licence- Pharmacist, Ontario College of Pharmacy
• Certification- Immunization (Canada)
• Certification- First Aid & CPR (Canada)
• Certification- Diabetes Care
• Certification- Cannabis
• Professional Development: Strategic Approaches to KOL Selection, Medical Science Liaison Society (2020) Professional Affiliations
• Florida Society of Health-System Pharmacists
• American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
• Medical Science Liaison Society
• Ottawa-Carleton Pharmacist Association
• Ontario College of Pharmacists
• Vice President, Spokesperson, Ottawa-Carleton Pharmacist Association (2014- 2019)
• Volunteer, Starlight Children’s Foundation of Canada
• Volunteer, Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre
• Volunteer, Billings Lodge Retirement Community
• Volunteer, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario
• Volunteer, Canadian Blood Services