Page 1 of 3
Leadership Development and Employee Growth
are the ultimate competitive advantage in the marketplace. KEY COMPETENCIES (LinkedIn profile click here)
Leadership Engagement / Resilience Creativity / Innovation Instructional Design Coaching / Mentoring Acculturation / Onboarding Training Facilitation / Delivery Team Building Organizational Development Project / Program Management Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Change Management EXPERIENCE
President / Lead Consultant
SHIFT Leadership Development LLC, Clifton, New Jersey 2016—present
“Transforming Business and Careers through Leadership Development and Workforce Education”
• Manage end-to-end learning process. Conduct needs analysis (enterprise-wide engagement survey, 360- review for executive team development, MBTI, DiSC, etc.) Design and facilitate programs to globally dispersed enterprise. Post-program evaluation/measure to ensure learning adoption-reinforcement.
• Sample work 2018-19: Change Management project with medical center; enterprise-wide Ethics & Compliance program (including Code of Conduct, Anti-Harassment) with multinational biotech; Executive Coaching with prestigious (ivy league) universities; “Professional Development Day” with faculty body of mid-size college; re-design New Hire Orientation with cloud-computing firm; sought-after guest speaker at professional organizations.
Manager, Employee Development, North America Region Samsung Electronics, Ridgefield Park, New Jersey 2008—2015
• L&D Center of Excellence – Highly visible and influential strategic partner. Grew Talent Management offerings and LMS technology for employee base which expanded from 800 to 4,000 in 7 years.
• Managed annual strategic alignment and business transition programs from HQ.
• Delivered annual multi-day Leadership Development workshops and retreats to high-performing corporate executives, directors, and managers (ref. Harvard Business School, Princeton).
• Addressed distinct development needs for Research & Development, Sales & Marketing, Customer Service, Manufacturing-Distribution, and Shared Support (Finance, Legal, HR).
• Coordinated Regional L&D team of 24 (representing 9 Subsidiaries, 12,500 employees).
• Global liaison; collaborated with 11 Regional L&D teams, plus HQ in South Korea; global matrixed organization of 326,000 employees. Traveled extensively. Senior Training Specialist
Washington Mutual, Anaheim, California 2005—2008
• Delivered nationwide rollout of new operations system. Facilitated hands-on workshops. Converted instructor-led program to self-guided kit including workbooks, FAQ, job aids, troubleshooting, virtual simulations.
• Assigned to “breakthrough” customer service and management projects to enhance competitive edge, increase profitability, improve retention, inspire emerging leaders.
• Employee base of 49,000 nationwide (retail branch network, mortgage bank, commercial lender). Traveled extensively.
Page 2 of 3
Maverick + Rubicon Leadership Development, Tappan, New York 2002—2005
• Cultivated clientele around professional coaching, executive development, communication skills, enterprise-wide employee engagement.
• Promoted stimulating, collaborative workplaces based on integrity, accountability, fun.
• Sample clientele: “WW” (global shipping and logistics); “TPR” (standardized college preparation); “AC”
(construction); “NC” (mortgage bank); “NBT” (community bank); “MNPC” (law firm). Manager, Employee Development and Training
Alliance Funding / Superior Bank FSB, Orangeburg, New York 1997—2002
• Created Professional Development Program to reverse high-performer attrition. Highly praised by executives, recognized for facilitating results in personal and professional areas. Outcomes: unprecedented growth in efficiencies, productivity, profitability. 75% of participants were promoted or had new positions created for them.
• Strong partnership with executives and stakeholders, fulfilled mentoring / executive consulting program.
• Fostered environment where staff thrives – especially in stressful, deadline-driven operations. EDUCATION
Master’s Degree, International Management, Finance and Trade Thunderbird School of Global Management, Glendale, Arizona
- Focused on challenges of global commerce and trade within multi-national / multi-cultural organizations (communication, problem resolution, compassion, business acumen).
- Post-graduate semester in Europe studying comparative business practices and cross-cultural communication.
Bachelor of Arts, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, Computer Science University of Rochester, Rochester, New York
- National Dean’s List; graduated with High Distinction. Elected as Student government leader, appointed to University Academic Advisory Committee, Volunteer Peer Tutoring. Study at Eastman School of Music. COMMUNITY / pro bono / volunteer
• Columbia University Teachers College master’s program – Executive Coach, Coach’s Coach
• Rutgers University, New Start Career Network (NSCN) – Career / Transition Coach
• Nutley Toastmasters – Chapter President ● Clifton Toastmasters – VP Membership
• International Coach Federation, New Jersey Charter Chapter (ICF NJ) – President Elect
• Association for Talent Development, Northern New Jersey Chapter (ATD-NNJ) – VP Programs Other affiliations:
● ATD (Association for Talent Development) ● CCL (Center for Creative Leadership) ● IACET (International Association for Continuing Education and Training) ● ICF (International Coach Federation) ● ISPI (International Society for Performance Improvement) ● SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) ● i4cp (Institute for Corporate Productivity) ● Toastmasters International MARC STRANO
Page 3 of 3
I respectfully submit for your review my résumé as a Learning & Development professional. You will see that I have worked for small, medium, and large firms, as well as having had entrepreneurial success. I have ample experience in the design, delivery, and managing of programs ranging from basic professional skills, compliance, and competency-based training, to project management, innovative leadership, and executive coaching.
Most recently, in both collaborative and consultative roles, I managed a blended curriculum of global programs with a close-knit team of multi-national Regional L&D professionals. We focused on operations-specific needs for Research & Development, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Distribution, Customer Service, and Shared Support (HR, Finance, Legal). All programs were implemented to elevate employee engagement and drive success by systematic measurable standards. For several years, the President of a previous employer held me to a very simple mission: Raise the quality of life of the employees. Soon, Executives (including said President), Managers, and employees touted the many outstanding and unprecedented organizational improvements we achieved together. My greatest accomplishments were in creating, managing, and facilitating Training and Development curricula, including all aspects of needs analysis, designing, developing, and implementing L&D solutions, and post-program measurements of effectiveness (ref ADDIE). These were driven by organizational values, competency models, and other strategic framework. I spearheaded projects across operational divisions and international borders (ex: Curriculum on Innovation; The Manager-Leader Duality). We integrated new perspectives – for high-performers and general staff alike – to create a more efficient, productive, problem-solving workforce. I also enjoyed success running the New Hire/Onboarding and Internship programs. I managed simultaneous initiatives, designed/delivered week-long leadership retreats, and contributed to many cross-functional teams in intense, recurring, deadline-driven settings. My strength was in adjusting the myriad details so that they would dovetail with the larger goals of the project and fast- changing priorities, without losing momentum or compromising learning value. Most recently I have been engaged by major universities (Harvard, Columbia, Rutgers, Montclair State) as a thought leader for executive coaching and professional skills projects. Given the opportunity to meet you in person, I would discuss how these and other exciting ideas will add another dimension to an already successful enterprise – like yours.
Very truly yours,