New Milford, NJ
IT professional with extensive retail industry experience developing and implementing solutions in a multitude of environments. Result oriented, decisive leader with proven track record on delivering business needs in a demanding business environment while being pragmatic and focused.
• Over 20 years of IT management experience in the retail (Omni-Channel) industry
• Goal-oriented individual with strong leadership capabilities and owner mentality
• Ability to direct/manage complex initiatives from concept to operational status
• Proven ability to work in unison with staff, external contractors and business partners of all levels
• Strong management skills (organizational, communication and time management), business analytics and technical skills have culminated in the successful implementation of a multitude of business initiatives
• Experienced in Business Intelligence, Data Architecture, Application Development, Business Analysis/Transformation and Project Management
Avenue Stores, LLC - Rochelle Park, NJ February 1995 – August 2019 Plus-size women’s clothing retailer
Responsibilities (2011 - 2019):
• Based on the corporate strategy selected and implemented a Business Intelligence / data visualization technology platform and ensured that the direction aligned with the business strategy (created the roadmap). QlikView was the BI application of choice and NPrinting was the application of choice for report distribution throughout the organization. o Changed the overall company culture from an Excel driven organization to a BI automated reporting organization.
o Created full automation of reporting visualizations (self-serve ad-hocs, automated reporting and dashboards), data analysis and data needs for the corporate organization, field organizations and store locations.
• Designed and implemented all data modeling associated to BI solutions.
• Designed, implemented and maintained data marts to support all enterprise data initiatives.
• Produced actionable insights related to product performance across the channels of business as well as location performance over time.
New Milford, NJ
• Provided data analytics to support specific initiatives and ad-hoc requests by upper management.
• Analyzed underlying data for potential discrepancies, investigated errors and performed data cleanup.
• Leadership role in evangelizing BI tool usage throughout the enterprise.
• Built and managed a team of Business Intelligence engineers that supported all corporate requests.
• Designed and Implemented a corporate SQL Server data warehouse. o The data warehouse centralized data from all sources (legacy, business and external), this allowed for three main objectives to be achieved - (1) data integrity, (2) one data truth for business to make decisions and (3) created the data platform for BI tools to be implemented.
• Designed and implemented numerous data integrations (SQL ETL processes) from various sources/formats.
• Managed data governance activities and developed new KPIs to support the business needs.
• Built and managed a team of SQL server engineers that supported all corporate requests. Responsibilities (prior to 2011):
• Designed and implemented an intranet Web portal allowing real time communication with 450 stores.
o Since POS (Point of Sale) was running a 4690 OS there was no typical browser available in the market that would function in that environment. IBM supplied a prototype browser (ICE Browser) that we implemented in all our locations and successfully build a Java infrastructure to our backend SQL Server database environment. o The ability to communicate (equivalent to email) with the stores in real time effectively changed the culture of the company as well as reduced overall costs.
• Designed and implemented a corporate website that allowed external partners (i.e. vendors and manufacturing partners) to login and pickup information related to their product manufacturing, packing instructions, ticketing, etc.
• Managed the Java IT resources related to the intranet and internet sites.
• Implemented CRM solution for the company’s multi-channel businesses. o Solution was based on data being outsourced to Experian, marketing campaigns were derived using Unica’s Affinium application and email campaigns were managed by CheetaMail, reporting was managed by Experian through Business Objects. o Solution created a 360 degree / holistic view of our customers that in turn improved business by generating enhanced marketing segments, reducing marketing costs and generating better campaign lifts.
New Milford, NJ
• Brought the Ecommerce business channel inhouse (was being outsourced at the time) - this included order management, order fulfillment, order settlement and call center. o This included the buildout of the distribution center to allow for an Ecommerce Pick/Pack/Ship/Return operation, including a call center. Retail Dot Commerce (RDC) was the application of choice for the operation.
o Solution reduced cost and created infrastructure for future growth. Additional Responsibilities:
• Business Relationship Management (BRM) with cross functional partners across the organization as well as external partners.
• Worked with business stakeholders (at all levels) in identifying process gaps (operational / data) related to workflows - creating automated processes wherever possible - Business Transformation processes.
• Identified and analyzed market solutions to business gaps. When market solutions were not adequate, worked with business stakeholders to design inhouse proprietary solutions.
• Provided leadership on tactical initiatives from concept to delivery based on strategic business plan.
• Managed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with the business related to applications, data analytics, BI tools and IT generated reporting.
• Served as lead/member of various business steering committee meetings.
• Interfaced with all department heads (advisory board) in managing IT services/requests.
• Over the years managed various teams of engineers and supervisors/managers (legacy mainframe, Hyperion ESSBASE, VB, C, MS Access, Java, SQL Server, (BI) QlikView and NPrinting). Education:
City University of New York – Hunter College
New York, NY