David A. Smith
An accomplished, results-driven information technology professional with over a decade of computer experience focused on networking, wiring, hardware, and software troubleshooting. Experience in development and management of client accounts in a challenging and fast-paced consulting environment. Proven ability to provide complete and accurate information for the engineers to ensure product solutions meet client requirements. Exceptional, trained communicator with demonstrated success in building relationships with potential and existing clients. Education
Mountain Heritage High School, Burnsville, NC 1999-2003
● Marching Band, Track, Soccer, and FBLA Vice President Naval Technical Training Center, Pensacola, FL 2003-2004
● Training includes providing support for special compartment intelligence computerized network transmissions, network administration, cryptologic security, computer network defense, and conducting preventive maintenance of assigned area network equipment and circuit connectivity.
● Obtained team leader position during Marine Combat Training prior to schooling.
● Training also includes aligning satellite link for access to secured and unsecured network when in field. Work Experience (Brief)
2018-2019 Flextech, Houston TX
SHSU project (2018) and Electrical Tech Services Inc (2019) lead tech
● Run and terminate Cat-6, RG6, fiber, and 25 pair copper wire.
● Read and understand blueprints to coordinate techs so wires are ran and terminated properly.
● Ensure safety stays a top priority when carrying ladders and driving lifts to assist with cable runs etc. 2016-2018 Phoenix Rising Vapor Lounge, Houston TX
Vapor and Juice Specialist, Shop Manager
● Manage shop goals, inventory of store supplies, and clients representing vapor products.
● Create new Vape flavors using knowledge of chemistry and cooking. 2012-2016 AT&T Uverse, Houston TX
● Educate customers on service features and functionality including Uverse and Direct TV systems.
● Install and rearrange inside and outside twisted pair and fiber wires verifying signal strength through the wiring to ensure all services work correctly and will continue to do so. 2009-2011 NCO, Houston TX
Sales, Technical Support Representative, and Bestbuy.com Loss Prevention
● Communicate with potential clients by phone to solicit orders and persuade clients to purchase services.
● Complete basic troubleshooting with clients to determine what service best fits their specific issues.
● Ensure clients' concerns are addressed and accurately documented in appropriate systems.
● Audit Bestbuy.com sales in order to monitor for fraudulent activity to ensure client satisfaction and security. Skills
Networking, build and repair computers, troubleshoot, remoting, running copper and fiber wiring, understanding of signal flow, and Microsoft Office.
● Squad Leader - United States Marine Corps
● Supervisor - Subway, Bojangles, Sisters 5 Bistro
● Manager - Kiosk (Verizon and E-cigs), Lifeguarding, Paintball field, Vapor Store References
Available upon request