Graduate student in Data Science looking for internship opportunities for Summer 2020. Hands on experience in building machine learning models and data analysis using Python, R and SQL. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Indiana University, Indiana, United States
Master of Science in Data Science
Relevant coursework: Applied Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Introduction to statistics
Vidyalankar Institute of Technology, Mumbai, India Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
GPA 8.5/10 June 2019
SM Global, Mumbai, India Dec 2017- Jan 2018
Web Developer Intern
• Collaborated with an Agile team structure where client’s requirements were transcribed.
• Maintained existing code and functionality once it was assimilated into the ongoing operations of the Web business. Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
Aug 2019 - Present
• Explore and analyze the factors affecting Mimic Dataset (by MIT) which is a clinical data, and bedside monitor waveforms with associated derived parameters and events.
• Preprocess and clean Multum Lexicon Drug Data for exploratory data analysis. TECHNICAL SKILLS
Languages: Python, R, Java, C++, SQL
Softwares: RStudio, Jupyter Notebook, Tableau, MATLAB Libraries/Packages: data.table, dplyr, DMwR, numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, ggplot2, matplotlib PROJECTS
Revenue Prediction using Green Taxi TLC Data (ML) August 2019 – December 2019
• Predicted the rides which are most profitable to the company based on location, type of ride and time using SHAP.
• Analyzed the trend in the revenue during the holiday season and predicted the revenue for the coming years using ARIMAX model.
• For a given position, predicted the landmark affecting the traffic and how much it’s affecting the cab fare using quantile regression.
Synonym Suggestion System for Essay Writing (NLP) August 2019 - December 2019
• Developed Grammar and Spell Check function for the user to type text or upload document which makes an API call called grammarCheck which checks grammatical, spelling or semantic errors if present and generates correction.
• Created Synonym Generation function where the user selects the word and synonym is generated which user wishes to replace using Word Embeddings and GloVe unsupervised learning algorithm.
• Generated Feedback based Improvisation module where once user is done improvising the document and is satisfied, the system will use the enhanced document to re-train the Word Vectors and improve accuracy of synonym prediction.
• Published a research paper based on this project in IEEE titled ‘Synonym Suggestion System using Word Embeddings’ at 3rd International Conference on Trends in Electronics and Informatics (ICOEI 2019) VIT S-Block January 2018 – May 2018
• Developed mobile application which provided runtime information about activities and sports at student’s recreational center named ‘VIT S-block’.
• Users could book or reserve a court based on availability.
• Recognized as best project at intra college level. INVOLVEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
• Organized ‘Data Native X, India’ an International conference for people in Data Science.
• Curator and event manager for TEDxVIT 2018 and TEDxVIT 2019.
• Event Head for Computer Engineering Student Association in year 2017-18.
• Mentor for Computer Engineering Student Association in year 2018-19.