A proven leader with over 15 years of building teams and partnering with colleagues to design, secure, and support critical information technology. I am a technology expert with 15 years’ experience in managing the enterprise I.T. infrastructure with focus on security, stability and business continuity. The know how to deliver projects on time, in budget, while maintaining a productive environment that aligns with the organizations business needs.
Key Technology Experience
Design and maintain global network architecture. LAN, WAN, DHCP, DNS, Cisco, Checkpoint, VMware vSphere, Meraki Wi-Fi Implement and maintain, firewalls, endpoint protection, layered security and incident response policies and procedures Expert in AWS services, VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, EBS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route 53, CloudWatch, Kubernetes (EKS) Expert in, Azure, Office 365, O365, Exchange, CRM, Expert in information security, layered security, endpoint detection and response Expert support, implementation and maintenance of Linux, Windows Server, Windows workstations Create and monitor information technology and security policies and procedures Ensure high availability and redundancy, backup disaster and business continuity of all information assets Lead technology direction, present results and communicate return on investments to senior management and stakeholders Maintain source code and deployment, Git, GitLab, Docker, Dev-ops, Jira, Confluence Maintain client and vendor relationships
Create and maintain budgets, licensing, partnership negotiations, and agreement PROFESIONAL EXPERIENCE:
January 2013 – December 2019
Redlambda – Director of Information Technology
• Managed a team of technical engineers in the pursuit to create an industry disruptive cyber security endpoint detection software solution.
• Maintained and monitored the network and development lab infrastructures utilizing Cisco Source Fire, NetFlow, vulnerability scanning, log aggregation and reporting and Wi-Fi data aggregation and alerting.
• Created and enforced the organizations I.T. policies and procedures, AUP, Information Security and business continuity plans.
• Designed and implementing the operational and Dev-Ops deployment environment to Amazon AWS infrastructure, utilizing GitHub, Docker and Kubernetes, (EKS, CloudFormation, EC2, S3)
• Implement and maintain AWS services, VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, EBS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route 53, CloudWatch, Kubernetes
• Implemented AWS cloud-based Windows Event Log Forwarding solution, securely aggregating Windows event log data in the cloud for downstream analytics.
• Architect implement and upgrade VMware virtualization servers for desktop and server environments. Both operational and development. VMware, vSphere through 6.5. vSan clusters, Horizon, Fusion.
• Led the agile software development team, responsible for contributing specialized business and technical knowledge, managing project plans, roadmaps and timelines
• Modeled patterns of defense against cyber-attacks utilizing Windows event security data and the MITRE ATT&CK framework.
• Utilized my expert knowledge of vulnerabilities and exploits to direct aspects of the products features and functionality.
• Conducted and monitored exploit techniques, Utilized Kali, Metasploit, Wireshark, Nmap.
• Evaluate log analytic tools for cyber security capabilities and integration considerations. SIEM, advanced endpoint protection solutions. Splunk, OSSEC, Elastic Stack, ArcSight
• Implemented the use of monitoring sensors and other log data sources (SIEM) such as NetFlow, Windows logs, syslog, to collect analyze and correlate data for both infrastructure security and software development research.
• Maintained Microsoft Azure infrastructure management AD, O365 implementation and monitoring.
• Responsible for the organizations information security systems. Implemented and managing the Cisco ASA and Sourcefire security solution. Cisco ASA, Cisco Switches, Checkpoint firewall, and Sophos firewalls.
• Manage all Windows and Linux servers in operational and development environments.
• Implement, maintain and manage backup and business continuity of all I.T operations utilizing both onsite and cloud solutions.
• Supporting primary development operations; Source management, GitLab, devops, security, lab virtualization, infrastructure and storage.
• Acting in a sales support role, conducting demonstrations, creating documentation for both sales and investor related activities.
• Implement multiple hybrid NAS storage solutions for backup and development operational storage.
• Worked directly with outside counsel in electronic discovery and forensic data gathering.
• Manage the Voice over IP, infrastructure.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to provide exceptional customer service. January 2005- December 2012.
PHXX, Longwood, Florida – CTO
• Managed a startup I.T. infrastructure and software development company from zero to two million in annual revenue. Maintaining budgets, projects, and infrastructure through the duration of its six years of existence.
• Lead team in development large scale hardware and software solutions for enterprise integration projects including budgetary, procurements, and implementation processes.
• Provide senior-level technical consultations and support to clients and System Integration & Testing Departments on all IT and networking issues. Review network layouts, resolve equipment redundancies, and improve network reliability, flexibility and scalability.
• Managed client services for 20 I.T. infrastructure support contracts. Full in-house support as well as break-fix contracts.
• Responsible for server and security infrastructure for over 20 businesses with no major data leak or loss of business continuity.
• Managed and Maintained multiple type Firewalls and networking equipment. Cisco, Astaro, Sophos, Juniper, and other Open source gateway security solutions.
• Expertly oversee large-scale IT projects, networks, and infrastructures—from initial planning and development to implementation and enhancements.
• Expertly managed multiple projects to migrate small business infrastructure to Microsoft active directory services.
• Managed multiple, both in-house and hosted MS Exchange migrations.
• Responsible for all aspects of the Voice over IP, VOIP infrastructure for multiple clients.
• Managed the design of a leading, multi-screen video on demand enterprise-grade software platform from inception.
• Lead a team to develop the hardware and software for both in-house and cloud-based hardware solutions a multi-screen video on demand enterprise-grade software platform to implementation.
• Overseen the software development team in developing a multi-screen video on demand enterprise-grade software platform to implementation.
• Lead the enterprise integration of our video on demand platform for Tier1 telecom with budgets exceeding a million dollars.
• Lead team in responses for Request for Proposals for both I.T. infrastructure and software development projects. From RFP through implementation.
• Lead team in development of multiple, low level technical documentation for enterprise integrations.
• Managed projects entailing the hardware design and deployment of touch screen computer kiosks throughout the country.
• Lead project to deploy a popular online multiplayer game, hardware and software solution into a Tier 1 hosting infrastructure in the Middle East.
• Managed a migration project to migrate the organizations loan originating software to a new platform with minimal interruption to existing processes.
• Managed and maintained large scale gaming website and associated properties.
• Maintaining reliable, up-to-date information from across the industry regarding information security operations, to include actionable intelligence pertaining to new and existing threats and critical action plans and incorporate those facts and findings into an operational response for clients.
• Designed international datacenter for the Island of Antigua. October 2003 – January 2005
Harland Financial Services Lake Mary, Florida – Manager of Networking and Systems
• Headed the Active Directory and Microsoft server infrastructure team.
• Managed a networking project which rolled out backup DSL/VPN solution to 20 sites throughout the country.
• Managed and monitored all networking connectivity to 20 sites improving stability of the network, response time of issues, and improving relationships with the telecom vendors.
• Lead the project for procurement and deployment of specialized encryption for all laptops within the organization improving security and meeting additional compliance requirements.
• Achieved optimal operations and functioning by overseeing continuous improvement initiatives to existing infrastructure, applications, systems, and software. Recommend and implement IT infrastructure requirements and upgrades to improve overall system performance and ensure high levels of security and data recovery.
• Deployed Microsoft Operations Manager throughout the entire server and networking systems infrastructure resulting in better stability and proactive response, through analytic data and monitoring
• Collaborates with key business, technology, and solution leaders across all business segments in order to develop relevant information security operational processes to identify, analyze, aggregate, report, monitor and mitigate information security-related operational threats to the business.
• Drove development/improvement of the IT governance decision-making model and associated processes which created alignment of I.T with the organizational goals and strategy, reduced IT risk, and raised the profile of I.T. January 1998 - October 2003
Phoenix International, Lake Mary, Florida – Information Technology Manager
• Manager of Information Technology existing of 300 nodes, 55 servers and a helpdesk team of five technologist.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining an effective information security operations group.
• Lead the I.T. effort in meeting compliance with the annual SAS70 audits required by the FFIEC.
• Responsible for all aspects of information technology compliance and regulations that governed the organization.
• Managed all aspects of the information technology including server, networking and security infrastructure.
• Managed and Maintained Checkpoint firewall.
• Managed and maintained Cisco switches and routing networking equipment.
• Assisted coworkers with Excel and PowerPoint issues and presentations and projector issues.
• Utilized MS Office Suite and XP, Visio, GIS, Citrix, Access databases. September 1988 – January 1995
United States Navy, – Ocean Systems Technology Analysis (OTA)
• Honorable discharge after seven-year career in the United States Navy.
• Responsible for briefing top officers and commander in weekly briefings.
• Attended the Defense Language Institute, accelerated program to learn the Japanese language.
• Managed and monitored complex computer subsystems.
• Responsible for office computer equipment and networking providing level 1 support and training.