Certified Scrum Master/Product Owner and Product Manager with 8+ years of experience managing complex IT projects, both Mobile (iOS & Android) and Web Based across multiple teams with a proven track record of consistently delivering on time. I enjoy coaching, guiding and empowering high performing teams and thrive in collaborative learning environments. My positive attitude allows me to bring the best out of the teams I lead.
JIRA, Confluence, Trello, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
TELUS (Contract) Toronto, ON January 2019 - present Product Manager
• Work closely with the product management team to define the product strategy and roadmap.
• Responsible for the product vision, planning, design, usability, and quality of releases.
• Translate roadmaps into manageable product backlog and work closely with solutions architect and scrum teams during sprint planning.
• Maintain and prioritize backlog of user stories, features and defects.
• Responsible for managing all customer communication requests from internal stakeholders. Redefined the request intake process by implementing an online form for stakeholders to submit requests and view current backlog with priorities and timelines.
• Proactively determine solutions to scrum team impediments.
• Responsible for migrating existing customer communications from legacy systems into a new platform.
• Managing annual projects of $10-15 million.
CrossCap Media Services Toronto, ON August 2013 – December 2019 Scrum Master/ Product Owner - Software
• Implemented Agile Scrum Methodology throughout the organization to improve communication between Engineering, Product, and Business; to provide transparency across multiple teams; and to obtain great business value with short turnaround times.
• Successfully manage both medium to high complexity web (Java/Angular JS) and mobile-based (iOS & Android) IT projects in a SaaS/Cloud environment with budgets ranging from $0.5M - $5M while consistently delivering on time. Faizal Jamal
• Facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint planning, software demonstrations, sprint retrospectives and stakeholder meetings across 5-6 scrum teams while leading and coaching 35+ Developers and 5+ remote Developers.
• Plan and manage sprints timelines, while tracking, escalating and removing any roadblocks, impediments or distractions.
• Implemented JIRA within the organization and created efficient workflows within the tool to improve business processes resulting in improved transparency, better issue/change request prioritization and increased productivity with real- time reports.
• Collaborate with Product Owners to review roadmaps, groom the backlog, define project scope, ensure requirements and user stories are ready for estimation and ensure team utilizes JIRA to its full potential.
• Work with Senior Management to plan, manage and allocate resources and budgets for all projects and send out weekly project plans, including metrics such as burn down/up charts highlighting risks and mitigation plans.
• Mentor and Coach Scrum Masters and Scrum Teams to utilize Agile principals and best practices, leading by example and ensure teams are self-organized with strong accountability, decision-making, conflict resolution and transparency.
• Utilize physical Scrum and/or Kanban boards for visibility across Scrum Teams.
• Empower teams to make improvements captured during sprint retrospectives. CrossCap Media Services Toronto, ON February 2012 – July 2013 Scrum Master
• Successfully grew and managed the Software Development Team from 10 Developers to 25 and Quality Assurance Analysts from 2 to 6.
• Managed all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for multiple clients and delivered industry leading software in a timely manner that saved clients millions of dollars, shortened marketing planning time, resulting in efficient business processes.
• Documented client requirements and planned iterative projects.
• Developed project plans visible to all internal stakeholders within the organization where none existed before.
• Held daily Scrum meetings and escalated issues to stakeholders when necessary. Rogers Wireless Inc. Toronto, ON February 2007 – January 2010 Pricing Analyst (Wireless Data Pricing Team)
PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) Toronto, ON March 2019 - Present Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Toronto, ON October 2014 Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Toronto, ON October 2014 Ryerson University Toronto, ON September 2003-June 2008 Bachelor of Commerce in Information Technology and Management