Highly proficient in various surgical procedures, while contributing to the achievement of high patient outcome satisfaction levels. Skilled in all elements of operating room setup, including inventory management, aseptic technique, and preparing patients for procedures. SKILLS
● Bilingual spanish reading, writing, and speaking
● Preparing for surgery
● Aseptic and sterilization technique
● Disposing of biohazardous waste
● Collecting medical specimens
● Safely disposing of needles
● Equipment set up and operation
● Passing surgical tools
● Case cart assembly
● Exposure technique
● Excellent communication
07/2019 to 10/2019 surgical technologist student
Arrowhead medical center - 400 N Pepper Ave, Colton, CA
● Collaborated with operating room staff to cultivate efficiency and prepare for scheduled and emergency procedures .
● Reviewed surgical requirements and prepped operating room with appropriate tools,equipment and instruments.
● Maintained reusable surgical instrumentation and equipment, including documentation, cleaning, sterilizing, storing and distributing.
● Set up equipment, tools and supplies needed for procedures and organize instruments as directed in surgeons’ preference cards.
● Effectively supported surgeons in fast-paced healthcare environments,resulting in better patient care and less pain medication post-surgery
● Counted and recorded sponges, instruments, and needles at beginning and end of surgical procedures.
● Used hemostatic clamps, suture ligatures, and electrocautery equipment to control bleeding.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Expected in 12/2019 Diploma : Surgical Technology
American Collage of Healthcare - Riverside, CA
05/2014 High School Diploma
San Jacinto High School - San Jacinto, CA