YUANCHUN (JANE) ZHAN
The University of Texas at Dallas, USA December 2019 M.S. Information Technology and Management (Management Information System) GPA: 3.64
Guangdong University of Foreign Studies, China June 2014 B.S. Economics
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC), Shenzhen China September 2014 – November 2017 Data Analyst
• Performed data analysis and applied statistical models for predictive testing to forecast profits, risks, and impact for more than 10 financial projects and products.
• Collaborated with cross-functional departments to provide data support and operational strategies by conducting insightful analysis with internal and external data.
• Boosted dataset usability for a 100 billion-scale RMB ($15 billion-scale USD) capital pool by retrieving, cleaning, analyzing, and visualizing its cash flow, revenue, interest, risk measurement and industry data.
• Informed the president and department managers of the bank’s operational status monthly by conducting data analysis presentations with data visualization.
• Facilitated extraction of necessary data and met analysis requirements during multiple audit-planning processes.
• Gauged performance of more than 150 staff seasonally and produced reports with key performance metrics (KPIs) results. PROJECTS
Programming for Data Science (Python) January 2019 – April 2019
• Conducted data analysis with Python to extract industrial insights and provide recommendations for streaming service industry based on historical data (e.g. customer, market, movie).
• Cleansed large-scale datasets and applied machine learning models, including linear regression and collaborative filtering. Database Management (SQL) September 2018 – December 2018
• Optimized laptop retailer’s working efficiency by creating an inventory database management system to replace Excel system; enhanced inventory monitoring and interdepartmental communication, increased productivity and saved time and money.
• Ensured data security and integrity by assigning each department its own special read/write authorization.
• Centralized data storage location to ensure all departments have easy access.
• Created SQL queries and ER diagram with normalization to analyze data as required. System Analysis and Project Management January 2019 – April 2019
• Overhauled standard operation procedures and updated integration within scope for a healthcare system.
• Applied project management and SDLC frameworks to create documents about project planning, activities, and outcomes. HONORS
• Google Code Jam Qualification ranked top 11% April 2019
• Dean’s Excellence Scholarship for New Students, University of Texas at Dallas August 2018
• First Prize Scholarship for outstanding student, Guangdong University of Foreign Studies June 2013
• President of Association of Fellow Townsmen September 2011 – June 2012 SKILLS