Cici (Songze) Zhao
** **** *** ***, *** York, NY
Columbia University New York, NY
M.S. in Business Analytics, GPA: 3.8/4.0 Aug 2018-Dec 2019 Coursework: Data Analytics (Web Scraping, Numpy and Pandas, Visualization, Machine Learning), Tools for Analytics (Python, SQL, Bash), Business Analytics, Demand and Supply Analytics, Optimization, Probability, Digital Marketing, Capital Market Investment Oberlin College Oberlin, OH
B.A. in Mathematical Economics, GPA: 3.63/4.0 Aug 2015-May 2018 Work Experience
RMDS Lab Inc. Pasadena, CA
Data Science and Consulting Intern Jun 2019 – Dec 2019
· Build prediction model on Lake Inflow from NASA JPL data, aim to help predict wind power generation.
· Construct standardized data science workflow guidebook for platform users.
· Organized annual data science conference and competition. Caterpillar Inc. Wuxi, CN
Operations Analyst Intern Jun 2018 – Aug 2018
· Analyzed data on company’s imports and exports using Excel and Python; visualized on Tableau and presented to supervisors.
· Organized annual Caterpillar Innovation Fair for over 100 global team leaders.
· Designed the PowerPoint deck detailing company’s 80-year history and milestones. Caterpillar Inc. Wuxi, CN
Operations Analyst Intern Jun 2017-Aug 2017
· Used Tableau to analyze and visualize company’s annual utility expenses and optimize company shuttle routes.
· Facilitated workshop on Tableau for several department heads.
· Organized team building activities for the Talented Development Group, such as language exchanges and competitions. Easy Trade Supply Chain Co., Ltd Wuxi, CN
Import Department Intern Jul 2016-Aug 2016
· Applied related certificates and filled out letter of credits of import olive oil and red wine from Spain.
· Translated a fifty-page-long contract and several other documents. Columbia Projects
App Popularity Prediction Jan 2019-May 2019
· Collected 30k+ data from App Store using iTunes API, and analyzed features in Python.
· Built machine learning models to predict the popularity of a newly launched app, reaching 90% accuracy.
· Applied analytics on predictions and did presentation on the practical application of models. InsureTech Data Analytics Consultant Jan 2019-May 2019
· Web-scraped sports and location related information from social media, and built up database in BigQuery.
· Drew a heatmap showing frequency of extreme sports in the US to promote insurance product.
· Applied image recognition to photos on social media to categorize different ages of users for analytics. Spotify Song Preference Prediction Sept 2018-Dec 2018
· Built a song filtering system that predicts songs an individual user will like based on songs they like and dislike.
· Collected users’ data by Spotify API and analyzed relationship between song features and users’ preferences in Python.
· Built 10 machine learning models including logistic regression, random forest, and neural network, resulting in 75% accuracy rate. Movie Rating Classification Sept 2018-Dec 2018
· Applied Web Scraping to movie rating websites to combine information like rating, critics, release date, box office, etc.
· Made visualization analysis and built a user interface to reveal relationships for variables asked. Campus Activities
Oberlin Chinese Students and Scholars’ Society (OCSSS) Oberlin, OH Co-founder and Co-chair Feb 2017-May 2018
· Founded OCSSS to help Chinese international students better adapt the new environment.
· Held networking events sharing graduate school information, internship opportunities. Held workshops for instruction on course registration, major navigation.
Oberlin College East Asian Studies Department Oberlin, OH Department Liaison Sept 2017-May 2018
· Organized six departmental events, including Festival celebration, Language party, Korean banquet, and department Open House.
· Managed nine monthly event calendars for the department through the academic year. Skills
Computer: Python, Tableau, Stata, R, SQL, GCP.