Warrington, PA, 18976 email@example.com
Client-focused senior software developer and applications analyst with more than 25 years of experience in designing innovative applications achieving client satisfaction. Professional expertise includes applications design and development, process improvements, migrations and Product Life Cycle management. Reformatting or creating new ISAM files by importing data, originating from text files or spreadsheets utilizing the appropriate tools or by interfaces. Extensive experience in migration and conversion of applications by using legacy ISAM files or RDBMS in a new or redesigned application.
• ACUCONNECT web thin client
• AcuBench – IDE
• ACUCOBOL-GT extend
• RM/COBOL-85 (pop-up windows)
• COBOL plus (ANSI 74)
• ACCELL/SQL, UNIFY RDBMS
• UNIX, LINUX (Ubuntu, Debian, SUSE), vi editor
• Expertise in network architectures and topologies
• Excellent knowledge in TCP/IP, UDP/IP
• Proficiency in Protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
• In depth knowledge of OSI model Layers 1-7
• Experience in IP addressing, and subnets
• Full Command on Cisco IOS Commands (CLI)
• Standard Access-list, Extended Access-list
• VLANs Configurations VTP, DTP
Valid Through Feb 2021 Valid Through Aug 2022
• Expertise in COBOL language
• Strong analytical, programming and design skills
• Development experience in various operating systems
• Delivery of applications and client training
• Excellent problem-solving
• Project Management skills
• Planning and Leadership
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Tower Health - Philadelphia, PA 2019
IT Support Technician (Contract position)
• Setup, installation on Dell AIO, OptiPlex Micros & Laptops
• Installation of KVM Switches, Setup local and network Printers
• Update of Group policies, reconfigure BIOS settings
• Inventory tracking for new computer terminals
SSC Space U.S. - Horsham, PA 2018
IT Security Operations Technician (Contract position)
• Collaborated with Security Operation Manager in research and analysis SAST and DAST security testing applications.
• Performed analysis of NIST 800-190 (Application Security Container Guide).
• Supported the testing of ELK System (Elasticsearch – Logtash – Kibana).
• Overviewed Sub Systems in the Security Operation Center (Solarwinds, Packet Shaper, Scrutinizer, Firepower).
PROMPT Shipping Software - Warrington, PA 2011 – 2018 Senior Project Manager
• Managed the architecture and development of innovative and user-friendly maritime software application (NAVIS). Modules developed included were Crew-Management, Master’s General Account
(M.G.A.), Laytime Calculation, Voyage Estimation.
• Monthly reporting activity of M.G.A. (Payroll list, Pay-slips and Cash Balance) was generated in the company’s office and was automatically dispatched as PDF to the vessels.
• Developed customized applications for Crew manning agencies, providing crew manning dispatch activities, monthly Payroll list and Seamen invoicing per Vessel.
• Supervised the installation of Client enable applications combined with Thin client and Web Thin client technology.
• Applications software was built and deployed using (IDE) AcuBench, ACUCOBOL-GT(Microfocus), on UNIX, LINUX and WINDOWS Servers.
ADDITIONAL INTERNATIONAL EXPIRIENCE
Symbol Computer Services - Piraeus, Greece 1992 – 2011 Director of Software Development
• Responsible for analysis, design, and development of maritime software projects such as Crew Management, Master's General Account, Voyage Estimator, Laytime Calculator, Vessel’s Certificates, Stores, Provisions, and Spare parts control system.
• Projects were installed in over 60 Maritime companies nationally.
• Ensured customer satisfaction by overlooking the technical support and successful training of more than 500 employees in the maritime market.
• Application software was developed Initially by using ACUCOBOL-85, later migrated to RM/COBOL-85
(pop-up windows) and finally was deployed to ACUCOBOL-GT on UNIX, LINUX and WINDOWS Servers, which allowed interoperability and web capabilities. Digital Technology Hellas (ELECOMP GROUP) – Athens, Greece 1986 – 1991 Software Architect & Project Manager
• Served as project manager for the development team of the Financial Application software (FINIS).
• Contributed to the improvement of the software development process.
• Application software was deployed by using ACCELL/SQL, UNIFY RDBMS on UNIX Servers.
• Application reports were generated by using RPT.
• VI editor utilized for the development.
• Served as a programmer in a software house team that developed and tested a customized industrial accounting application that included the following modules: General ledgers, Customers, Stock overview, Suppliers, Invoicing, Statistic reports, Purchase orders, Sales and Fixed assets.
• The application package was installed in multiple customer branches nationally.
• Application software was developed by using COBOL-plus on an RT11 (DEC) with TSX-plus (Mini system).
• KED screen editor utilized for the development of software. EDUCATION & TRAINING
Bucks County Community College – VMware-authorized course Newtown PA 2018 - 2019 Relevant coursework: Virtualization Concepts, Virtualization Host Configuration, Install, configure and manage ESXi networking. Deployed and managed virtual machines, Installed and configured vCenter Server, Deployed and managed vSphere 6.7.
Bucks County Community College - IT Academy Networking – CCNA Perkasie PA 2017 - 2018 Relevant coursework: LAN Switching Technologies, Routing Technologies, WAN Technologies, IP Addressing, Cisco IOS Commands, Services - Security & Management, Implementation and troubleshooting of Routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP) & concepts. Control Data Institute - System Analysis & Computer Programming Athens/Greece Relevant coursework: FMD Data Channel Applications / Data Communication Networking. Key studies on systems analysis of sets of interacting entities, including computer systems analysis. Studies on Application development with several languages such as ASSEMBLER, BASIC, COBOL.