Joann Ellen Lai
firstname.lastname@example.org · 916-***-**** · Sacramento, CA 95822
A resourceful and hard-working professional with well-developed interpersonal communications skills including customer service and team-oriented strategies. Strong organizational and multitasking skills and able to work in fast-paced environments. EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Environmental Scientist August 2017 – Present
Department of Forestry and Fire Protection - Office of the State Fire Marshal
● Conducts routine evaluations to ensure consistency and effectiveness within the program
● Develop guidance documents and fact sheet for the designated program
● Participates in various technical teams, advisory groups, work groups, and forum meetings Scientific Aid September 2016 – May 2017
Department of Fish and Wildlife - Fisheries Branch
● Provide assistance in data entry and quality assurance (QA\QC)
● Perform data analysis and evaluations
● Prepare and organize fish sampling equipment for field runs Membership Coordinator Assistant June 2014-September 2014 Sacramento Zoo
● Worked in the membership office and administration office
● Transferred information using Microsoft Word and Excel
● Provided excellent customer service and information to visitors INVOLVEMENT
Wildlife Care Association
Hotline Specialist, Nursery Volunteer, 2018-Present
● Committed 130 hours of service work.
● Responded to calls regarding sick, injured, or orphaned wild animals by instructing callers on set protocol.
● Organized and stocked facility inventory.
● Prepared meals for rehabilitated wild animals.
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo Bachelor of Science in Environmental Management and Protection, June 2016 Minor in Indigenous Studies in Natural Resources and the Environment Dean’s List – 2 quarters
Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)