Michael Lewis Van Meter
FBI National Joint Terrorism Task Force, Washington DC Supervisory Special Agent December 2016 to present
- Serve as Program Manager, Civil Aviation Security Program.
- Hold TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- Supervise, train, and equip 450 Special Agents nationwide at all TSA regulated airports.
- Directly supervise two FBI Intelligence Analysts, one Federal Air Marshal, two TSA Analysts, one Customs and Border Patrol Agent, one Secret Service Agent, and one Postal Inspection Service Agent.
- Develop and implement FBI policy throughout all TSA regulated airports.
- Coordinate the development of federal legislation affecting the aviation industry on behalf of the FBI.
- Lead all liaison efforts with over 60 domestic law enforcement, military, intelligence agencies, and foreign partners.
- Conduct training and provide speeches both domestically and internationally.
- Plan and coordinate aviation conferences on behalf of the FBI.
- Serve as an EAP Peer Counselor and provide presentations regarding alcoholism and recovery nationwide.
- Serve as a counselor and presenter at the annual Concerns of Police Survivors (COPS) Conference.
- Maintain University of Virginia (UVA) Adjunct Professor certification. FBI National Academy, University of Virginia
Supervisory Special Agent Instructor/Adjunct Professor June 2010 to December 2016
- Taught for six and a half years at the FBI Academy as a primary instructor.
- Taught Leading At-Risk Employees, Public Speaking, Interviewing/Interrogation, and Officer Involved Shootings.
- Taught foreign partners both at the academy and overseas.
- Taught courses specifically tailored to active duty members of the Department of Defense.
- Developed specialized courses for the Employee Assistance Program.
- Created, developed, and taught a new course titled Leading At-Risk Employees which focused on alcoholism, prescription drug abuse, PTSD, suicide, and domestic violence as it relates to programs, policies, and procedures for law enforcement agencies.
- Founded first Toastmasters International Club at the FBI Academy and served as its first President for two years.
- Served as an EAP Peer Counselor and Coordinator for the FBI Training Division.
- Published article regarding Leading At-Risk Employees in January 2016 edition of the Law Enforcement Bulletin.
Supervisory Special Agent August 2008 to June 2010
- Served as Program Manager, Sovereign Citizens/Militias overseeing 288 cases nationwide.
- Responsible for the development, management, and execution of domestic terrorism undercover operations to include approval, funding, and coordination of Department of Justice oversight.
- Directly supervised one FBI Special Agent and three FBI Intelligence Analysts.
- Coordinated and implemented three domestic terrorism conferences. 1
- Provided numerous speeches and presentations regarding domestic terrorism. FBI Dallas Texas Field Office
Special Agent April 1999 to August 2008
- Served as case agent on numerous federal investigations. Specialized in Domestic Terrorism, Organized Crime, and Health Care Fraud.
- Served as the case agent on five undercover operations.
- Served as a FBI Surveillance Pilot.
- Served as a counselor for the 213th session of the FBI National Academy. Police Work Experience
Washington Metropolitan Police Department, Washington, DC Patrol Officer 4th District January 1997 to July 1998
- Responded to 911 calls, conducted traffic stops, and engaged in community relations.
- Made numerous arrests related to gun violence, drug offenses, domestic disputes, gang activity, and traffic violations.
Charles County Sheriff’s Office, La Plata, Maryland Corrections Officer June 1996 to January 1997
- Ensured the safety, security, and integrity of the inmate population. U.S. Navy Work Experience
Command Services Department Head January 1994 to June 1996
- Oversaw war plans and exercises for the base.
- Oversaw the Post Office and Master-at-Arms.
- Served as the Command Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor.
- Served as a JAG investigator for the base commanding officer. Naval Air Station Norfolk, VA
Helicopter Pilot April 1990 to December 1993
- Attended U.S. Navy Flight School from August 1988 to April 1990.
- Served as a Helicopter Pilot in the SH-2F.
- Served as Pilot in Command, Functional Check Pilot, Helicopter Second Pilot, Maintenance Officer, Operations Officer, Training Officer, and Administrative Officer. Formal Education
Master of Arts University of Oklahoma Human Relations June 1996 Bachelor of Arts University of Florida Political Science August 1988 Specialized Training
Certified Suicide Prevention Counselor, April 2017 Certified Physical Fitness Advisor, June 2015
Certified EAP Peer Counselor, August 2013
Certified FBI Instructor, June 2010
FBI Academy, Quantico, VA, January - April 1999
Metropolitan Police Academy, Washington, DC, January - April 1997 Designated Naval Aviator, United States Navy Flight School,April 1990 Awards Received
Section Employee of the Month (September 2017)
Numerous On-the-Spot and Incentive Awards - FBI (20 years)