Diana P. Olivares, MPAS, PA-C
• National Commission Certified Physician Assistant Expires 01/23/2030
• Texas Licensed Physician Assistant Pending
• American Heart Association- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certified 2018-2020
• American Heart Association Basic Life Support (CPR & AED) Certified 2018-2020 SKILLS
• Bilingual: Spanish (read, write, speak)
• Goal oriented towards positive patient outcomes
• Ability to collaborate with others to provide quality care
• Great interpersonal communication skills
• Detail oriented, ability to multitask
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Quick learner with ability to adapt quickly
MASTER OF PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT STUDIES
THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS HEALTH SAN ANTONIO 2017-2019 CLINICAL ROTATIONS
• Family Medicine: 660 hours
• Five rotations in San Antonio and Boerne, Texas: North San Antonio Health Care Associates, Castle Hills Family Practice, University Medicine Associates- SE Clinic, Medical Center West Family Practice, and Westover Hills Family Health all lasting 4 weeks each.
• Practiced clinical skills including history and physical, lab/imaging interpretation, diagnosing and managing acutely ill patients as well as chronic issues with procedures as indicated in outpatient settings.
• Ob/Gyn: 342 hours
• Two rotations in San Antonio: University Health System (Gyn triage/OB triage/ labor and delivery) and San Antonio Women’s Health outpatient clinic both lasting 4 weeks each.
• Practiced clinical skills as listed above as well as pelvic exam, breast exam, IUD insertion/removal, endometrial biopsies, educated patients on contraception and helped monitor pregnancies.
• Pediatrics: 140 hours M&M Pediatrics Brownsville, TX
• Internal Medicine: 132 hours Office of Dr. Robert Nobles San Antonio, TX
• Emergency Medicine: 168 hours Valley Baptist Medical Center Brownsville, TX
• Cardiology: 132 hours Cardiology Clinic of San Antonio San Antonio, TX
• Psychiatry: 132 hours Genesis Behavioral Health San Antonio, TX
• General Surgery: 140 hours Office of Dr. Carlos Barba Brownsville, TX
• Laceration repair, I &D, IM/SQ injections, skin lesion cryotherapy, breast exams, pelvic exams, IUD insertion/removal, endometrial biopsies, rectal exams. Diana Olivares, PA-C 2
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
ST. MARY’S UNIVERSITY OF SAN ANTONIO 2011-2015
• Major: Biology, Minor: Chemistry
• Beta Beta Beta- Biology Honor Society
SLEEP THERAPY AND RESEARCH CENTER 06/2015 – 03/2017
• Obtained patient history and vital signs. Educated patients/family on sleep related disorders and treatment options.
• Selected appropriate equipment, applied electrodes and sensors to properly conduct a polysomnographic study. Identified sleep/wake stages as well as respiratory events, cardiac events, limb movements, and arousals in sleep.
• Initiated appropriate interventions as needed including oxygen therapy, CPAP/BIPAP titration, oral devices, etc.
ST. MARY’S UNIVERSITY- CENTER FOR PROFESSIONAL ETHICS 2011-2015 RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
SA ACCESS PROJECT-STUDENT RESEARCHER 01/2018-PRESENT
• Worked in a team to help design the project, apply for IRB approval, and write a manuscript. Conducted patient interviews both in person and via telephone, helped with data analysis.
• Research: Partnered with University Health System to validate the effectiveness of the SA Access App and identify the impact the app would have on patient’s health insurance literacy.
• Presentations: Diaz A., Delgado D., Galvan H., Giordano E., Heiligman H., Hines C., Kvapil C., Mosso M., Oliva E., Olivares D., Quinene M. “Increasing Health Insurance Literacy through a Multimedia Platform.” Texas Academy of Physician Assistants (TAPA) Annual CME Conference. 2nd Place Winner. San Antonio, TX. January 31, 2020.
• American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) 2017-present
• Texas Academy of Physician Assistants (TAPA) 2017-present VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
• International Service Learning (ISL)- Alajuela, Costa Rica 05/2015- 06/2015
• Assisted local physicians provide medical care for poor and underserved areas in rural areas in Costa Rica. Duties included obtaining vital signs, brief history and physical, assisting physicians on minor procedures ex. I&D, distribution of available medications, and patient education.
• American Red Cross- St. Mary’s Campus Club 2011-2015 CERTIFICATIONS
• Certified Polysomnographic Technologist 2015-2017
• Nationally Registered Emergency Medical Technician 2011-2013 REFERENCES
Available upon request