SOFTWARE ENGINEER · WEB ENTHUSIAST
+1-510-***-**** email@example.com www.nguyenau.com aostn
“If you can change the way you think, you can change your life.” Objective
An eager and inventive programmer who flourishes at working in groups to creatively devise solutions to challenging tasks. Specializes in C++ (3 years) but is driven to learn new technologies and tools if the need arises. Looking toworkwithanorganizationforasummersoftware engineering internship.
San Jose State University (SJSU) San Jose, California B.S. IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING GPA: 3.4, Exp. Jun. 2022
• Relevant Courses: Calculus (1,2,3), Programming Methodology, Object-Oriented Design, and Algorithms and Data Structure Design. Technical Skills
Soft Skills Active Learner, Critical Thinker, Customer Oriented, Community Outreach, Team Player, Aplomb. Work Experience
Underwriters Laboratories LLC. Fremont, California RADIO FREQUENCY ENGINEER INTERN May. 2018 - Jul 2018
• Tested unreleased wireless products to ensure public safety before launching onto the market.
• Devised efficient testing methods on four different projects, slashed testing times and met client deadlines.
• Held meetings with engineers, developed test plans, translated test data, and created secure relationships with clients. Hack the Hood Oakland, California
LEAD WEB DEVELOPER Jul. 2017 - Aug. 2017
• Used UI/UX knowledge to design custom graphics for client’s needs with Adobe Photoshop, increased the viewer interaction time.
• Conducted consultation meetings with small businesses creating high satisfaction relationship with the clients. Projects and Extracurriculars
Engineering 10 Final Project San Jose, California
SOFTWARE/HARDWARE DESIGN Aug. 2018 - Dec. 2018
• Soldered complete IR board for robot and helped team meet critical deadlines.
• Collaborated with teammates and developed C++ program for robot to use IR sensors to move autonomously and track signal beacons. Light Racer - Programming Concepts and Methodology Final San Jose, California LEAD SOFTWAREDEVELOPER Jan. 2018 - May. 2018
• Revamped a broken RC car into an remote-less driving car with working headlights.
• Designed and programmed microprocessor using efficient state machine to control headlights, monitor light value in the environment, and motor function of vehicle.
Oakland Tech FIRST Robotics Team ”CYBERDOGZ” Oakland, California SOFTWARE/HARDWARE DESIGN Sep. 2014 - Oct. 2016
• Developed java program to allow 3 game controllers to efficiently move, grab, and pull objects with the robot.
• Held weekly meetings to develop new/better ideas and communicate to team members weekly goals to meet competition deadlines.
• Received “Judge’s Pick Award 2016” as an honorablementionfortheinnovativelow-cost construction during annual robotic competitions against 300+ high schools nationwide.
AUSTIN NGUYEN · RÉSUMÉ