Parker Cuming ** Silverado Skies Lane
Calgary, AB T2X 0J7
University of Calgary
Bachelor of Science; Geology Major (Petroleum Geology Concentration) Class of 2019
• CGPA: 3.0/4.0
• Relevant coursework: Advanced Petroleum Geology, Sequence Stratigraphy, Basin Analysis, Structural Geology, Carbonate Sedimentology, Geologic Field Methods Advanced geology seminar in geoLOGIC Systems February 2019
• Improved technical software skills by creating and importing new fields into User Database.
• Built customized log viewing templates, annotations, and printing Cross Sections. Petroleum geology experience:
• Reservoir characterization utilizing reservoir mapping, volumetrics, and production analysis.
• Hand contouring predictive maps that can be tied to reservoir performance using subsurface data and physical samples.
• Created stratigraphic cross sections using well logs, and measurements obtained in the field.
• Understanding of stratigraphic and structural trapping mechanisms.
• Proficient in well log interpretations and knowledge of hydrocarbon indicators.
• Picking formation tops and estimating pay zones.
• Basic understanding of vertical and horizontal drilling. WORK EXPERIENCE
June 2019 – Present
• Lithology description of cuttings, calling formation tops, preparing samples for client, maintaining gas line integrity for safe drilling operations, rig up / down of tools and equipment.
• Collaborated with Geologist, Drilling Engineer, MWD, Company Man and Rig Crew to exceed drilling expectations for each well, working 12.5-hour shifts. Foothills Landscaping
May 2016 - August 2016
May 2015- August 2015
• Constructed community pathways and related greenery in a team of four.
• Developed attention to detail by maintaining a safe and clean work area averaging a distance of 2 blocks.
• Worked well under tight deadlines and improved project completion speed by regularly working overtime. LEADERSHIP
Rhinos II NCHL Hockey Association
• Effectively managed communication between a team of 17 players.
• Oversaw the team finances, jersey orders, team schedule, team meetings and practice time. COMPUTER SKILLS AND INTERESTS
Computer skills: MS Office Suite, geoSCOUT, Python, T-Log, MainLog, AppleCORE. Interests: Hiking, weightlifting, skiing, dirt bikes, off-roading and camping.