Name: Samer Mohamed Fathy Diwan
Address : Green View Compound - King Street - Almontazah - Alexandria - Egypt Mobile No: +201*********
E-mail : email@example.com
Sex : Male
Date of Birth: 7st Jan 1977
Military Service: Exempted
1991 – 1993
1994 – 1998
Mansoura Secondary Military School
Mansoura University - Faculty of Commerce
2018 – 2019 Own Business
2015 – 2018 Al-Haddad Group (11 company), Saudi Arabia Deputy Director Treasury &Credit
of the Group
2013 – 2014 Al-Haddad Group (11 company), Saudi Arabia Chief Treasury & Credit of the Group
2010- 2012 Khalid Al-Haddad Telecom Co .Ltd, Saudi Arabia Treasury & Credit section head
2002 - 2009 Khalid Al-Haddad Telecom Co .Ltd, Saudi Arabia Treasury accountant
1998 – 2001
Excellent written & spoken
Excellent written & spoken (Mother Language)
Skills and Abilities
1. Talent Deputy Director Treasury & Credit with 16 years of experience in the industry of telecom.
2. Detail oriented, highly organized individual who has worked with some of the largest companies in the world
3. A true team player who enjoys helping companies make the best financial decisions they can to meet and exceed their profit goals.
4. Strong understanding of economics and accounting, including its principles, banking, analysis and reporting of financial data, and financial markets. ability to
communicate effectively in person or via writing, including conveying thoughts as well as listening to the thoughts and ideas of others.
5. Qualified leader who has guided dozens of treasury managers as they have entered the industry.
6. Solid ability for critical thinking and using the proper tools to make the best financial decisions for a corporation.
-Proficient in a range of software, including, Oracle, Demonstrated project management skills such as time management and the ability to lead a team.
7. Excellent Communications and Teamwork skills building effective relationships with operational and Head Office Staff, as well as external banking counterparties; Excellent Analytical skills and attention to detail.
Internal Treasury :
● Daily Liquidity Management - Preparation, review & liquidity allocation in line with plan
● Work with team to drive Treasury automation projects across various countries and businesses
● Managing end to end control on ancillary bank payouts (charges, fee, etc.)
● Oversee account opening for all business units
● Managing banking compliance and KYC documents
● Managing Foreign Exchange booking and implementing hedging strategies for the group.
● Remittance Monitoring - review & report
● Well versed with the Banking Systems, SWIFT and ERP including documents related to same
● Analysis of FX risk positions when required.
● Follow up and monitor operational and regulatory limits per counterparty, bank account, etc.
● Recommend, implement and maintain process improvements.
● Support operating companies under group in term of cash management, advices, forecast and reporting.
● Use the treasury system to monitor flows and non-moving accounts, investment variances, etc.
● Perform any other duties within the scope of work as assigned by the direct manager.
● Treasury management system experience
● Montheley bank reconcilations
● All recordes of treasury transactions
● Ensuring funds are available to meet the short-term fund requirement.
● Interest optimization of Short Term Excess Fund
● Submitting Daily Cash Position reports to GTM
● Managing Group In house Bank Operation
● Performs daily treasury reconciliations of Head Office bank accounts
● Generates the required reports for Group Companies and Head Office accurately in a timely manner
● Assists Group Companies in therelated Queries
● Supervising Payment Factory and Trade Finance Operation
● Verifies foreign exchange requests against exposures in the SAP;
● Runs the monthly Mark-to-Market reports and distributes to Group Companies. External Treasury:
● Routine Treasury operation which involves frequent interaction with banks and troubleshooting operational matters
● Establishing new facilities with new banks
● Review and Recommendation of Bank Facility Renewal
● Negotiation of Tariff and all conditions with Bank
● Support legal review and negotiation of the banking documents for Working Capital, Term Loans, Cash Management and Digital / eBanking.
● Managing Group banking requirements such as bank account opening or closing, day to day transaction issues and deliverables
● Managing Foreign Exchange booking and implementing hedging strategies for the group.
● Preparing the budget analysis necessary to answer the financial and strategic inquiries of banks
● Handling Fx deals with the best rates with banks Cash flow :
● Cashflow Budgets and Monitoring
● consolidation of Group Companies cash forecasts
● generating the month to month variances
● analysis of Cash forecasts of Group Companies
● cash forecasts bi-weekly reports
● Review and consolidation of the monthly treasury cash flow forecast
● Work with other departments to handle any deviation in cash flow Budet:
● Preparing the annual budget of the treasury and monitoring it monthly
● Assisting Board of directors in implementation of Group Treasury Project
● Assisting Board of directors in review and creation of Policies and Procedure related to Group treasury
● Set-up new customers in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system after reviewing legal documents as per company policy and appraise new customers for credit worthiness.
● Prepares, reviews and mails customer statements and invoices
● Post and allocates customers receipts to the accounting system.
● Identify and verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from customers and internal departments such as sales, hire desk and engineering, and closing all disputes/queries on timely manner.
● Reconcile customer statements and close discrepancies as necessary
● Review, prepare and process all credit note requests. Allocate all credit notes against original customer invoices and follow up payments
● Prepare daily cash reports and provide interpretation of results if necessary
● Updates and consolidates customers weekly collection reports in coordination with external credit controllers.
● Frequent calls to customers and fallow up on theirs outstanding/overdue balances. Update daily and weekly logs on timely basis.
● Monitor and reconcile cash transactions to ensure that account balances are accurate. Report and investigate any unusual items
● Work with the external credit controller team to accurately forecast and tracks cash flow on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Highlight and report on any cash trends and variances
● Prepare daily and weekly cash reports for each region. Customer related highlight any risk foreseen
● Timely follow-up with debtors to ensure recovery of receivables, both current as well as overdue, through contact with customers by telephone, letter and visits.
● Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure timely collection and dissemination of information in order to reduce receivable days.
● Handle legal operations and procedures related to recovery of overdue receivables.
● Provide valid and timely input on risk management and support the Finance Manager in making decisions related to bad debt provisioning and write-offs.
● Investigate / Source information on credit worthiness of potential customers prior to entering into business arrangements and/or existing customers prior to entering into extended business arrangements.
● Regularly review and suggest improvements in the processes related to receivables management in order to optimize working capital.
● Preparing financial reports (credit rating, collections, etc)Frequent call to external Credit Controllers, Business Development Managers, Hire Desk Controllers and other internal customers
● Monthly and Year End Close Support
● Participate in preparing monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annual financial closing and reports and work effectively with management and accounting teams
● Deals with internal and external auditors. Provide supporting documentation, information and answers
● Assist in the budget preparation process
● Reporting into the Regional Credit Control Manager, the Internal Credit Controller’s key duties will include emailing invoices to customers, reviewing and processing credit note reviewing daily cash receipts, allocating payments against specific transactions, generally maintaining monthly account reconciliations and follow up payments
Conferences Attended :
● NCB 9th annual Treasury & corporate Customer Conference (Istanbul -2013)
● NCB 10th annual Treasury & corporate Customer Conference (Rome -2014)
● NCB 11th annual Treasury & corporate Customer Conference (Paris -2015)
● NCB 12th annual Treasury & corporate Customer Conference (Barcelona -2016)
● NCB 13th annual Treasury & corporate Customer Conference (Vienna -2017)