DALE P. SPRENGER, CPIM
Diamondhead, MS 39525
Home Phone: 228-***-**** E-Mail: email@example.com
Professional Objective: Responsible position at an appropriate level in the areas of Supply Chain/Materials and/or Production management within a progressive organization that would utilize my skills to promote opportunities to develop and maintain quality, maximize productivity and the elimination of waste, and create an environment of cooperation and trust to achieve continuous improvement in terms of people, product and service.
BA (Business Administration), Lakeland College - 1984 (GPA 3.2/4.0)
AA (Materials & Production Management), Lakeshore Technical College - 1980 (GPA 3.7/4.0)
APICS CPIM Certification – 1985
Ongoing Continuing Education including:
Industrial Technologies Program, Milwaukee Area & Moraine Park Technical Colleges - 1986-96
** Courses / Seminars / Workshops on wide spectrum of topics in the areas of Communications, Supervision, Quality,
Employee Involvement/Empowerment & Team Building, Materials, Production, Warehouse, and Time Mgmt.
Professional Experience & Areas of Effectiveness:
* Inventory Control / Reduction / Obsolescence / Product Introduction & End-of-Life Planning
* Cycle / Sample Count Programs
* Procurement / Sub-Contract / Sourcing & Negotiation / Vendor Certification
* Master Product / Production Scheduling & Forecasting
* Production Planning / Scheduling & Control
* WIP / Shop Floor Control / Material Flow & Facility Layout
* ECN Control & Coordination
* BOM Structure & D/B Accuracy
* Total Quality / ISO 9001 Certification & Compliance
* Process Simplification / Cost Containment & Reduction / Lean Manufacturing Concepts & Applications
* Warehouse Management / Barcode Application
* Automated Fulfillment Operations
* Systems Development
* Multiple MRP/ MRP II / ERP Implementation Projects
* Budgetary Development
* Training / Mentoring
* Supervisory & Administrative
* Team Building / Employee Empowerment & 5 - S Training Programs
* Materials / Production / Engineering / Quality / Finance / Information Technology & Customer Service Liaison
Employment History & Functional Positions / Accomplishments & Achievements:
Textron Marine & Land Systems – (2005 – 2015) Retired/Disability
Position: Sr. Production Planner, Configuration Management Coordinator
* Provided product & production planning and control as required in support of the corporate business plan and the master production schedule. * Analyzed, coordinated, and executed engineering changes and revisions to maintain a high level of customer support and product integrity with a minimal effective obsolescence.
Consultant - Materials / Production / Planning / Inventory Specialist - (2003 - 2005)
* Provided advisory support and mentoring in the areas of MRP/ERP, Production Planning & Execution, Inventory Control, Warehouse Operations, Production Management, Process Simplification, Systems Development, and Team Building & Employee Empowerment.
Triton Systems, Inc. Long Beach, MS (Industry: Machinery / Electronics & Communication Systems) (1999-2002)
Position: Master Production Planner
* Provided product & production planning and control as required in support of the corporate business plan and the master production schedule. * Managed ORACLE Planning & Inventory Modules Implementation and Development consistent with operational goals and market strategy. Key Member of ORACLE Implementation Team, providing training and direction to Supply Chain organization. * Established timing and inventory levels based on Market Forecast models, product support requirements, and Corporate objectives and goals. * Managed Product Introduction & End-of-Life Planning Projects to ensure Production/Customer Support and minimize/eliminate inventory obsolescence issues. * Key member of the Sales & Production Forecast Development Group. * Developed Metrics and Reports which provided Performance-to-Plan Analysis relative to Forecast, Customer Satisfaction, Delivery, and Supply Chain & Production objectives.
Omniquip-Trak (Textron) International Inc., Port Washington, WI (Industry: Heavy Machinery & Fabrication) (1990-98)
Position(s): Product/Production Master Scheduler, EC Coordinator, Sr. Production Planner/Inventory Analyst
* Provided product & production planning and control as required in support of the corporate business plan and the master production schedule. * Designed and developed production and resource planning tools for use in schedule support and
monitoring by production and support personnel. * Analyzed, coordinated, and executed engineering changes and revision to maintain a high level of customer support and product integrity with a minimal effective obsolescence. * Provided liaison for the Materials group to interface with Customer Service, Marketing & Sales, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, and satellite operations. * Maintained integrity of item master files, bills-of-material, inventory records, routings, transactions, and orders.
* DOD Contract exposure (requirements / execution / documentation). * Minimized both WIP & Finished Goods inventories. * Promoted and employed JIT, Kanban, "Pull Systems", "Lean Manufacturing" and Process Simplification concepts to result in overall product cost reduction and a 200% increased throughput and productivity in manufacturing and assembly operations. * Developed and established cycle counting program to promote system integrity and facilitate "root cause analysis" and
corrective action initiatives. * Ongoing Continuous Improvement initiatives resulting in more effective operational support. * Developed and authored inventory and production management policies & procedures as a contributing member of ISO 9001
Certification, and MAPICS & MAPICS-DB MRP II & ORACLE MRP II/ERP Manufacturing Systems (Implementation and Development).
Brady USA Inc. / Industrial Products Division, Milwaukee, WI (Industry: Adhesive Backed Products & Labels) (1988-90)
Position: Warehouse Supervisor
* Controlled all inventories and production support supplies to ensure efficient use of warehouse and production queue areas. * Maintained a high degree of inventory accuracy and data integrity through initiation of programs utilizing education,
cross-training, employee involvement, sample / cycle counting, and security. * Instrumental in the development of an effective automated OE / Fulfillment / Customer Service system to achieve customer support goals. Promoted and coordinated shipping manifest interface & automated billing function to complete cycle. * Developed systems, policies & procedures for warehouse operations which improved customer support, record accuracy, efficient / effective operation, and utilization of physical space. * Promoted TQM/Employee Involvement as project leader, facilitator and team member. * Provided control and training relative to safety, equipment, and hazardous materials. * Member of Honeywell BULL MRP II Audit Task Force. * Initiated application of Barcode technology in warehouse operations. * Provided supervision and direction to (apprx. 25) clerical staff, cycle counters, material handlers and storekeepers.
Robert Bosch USA / Automation Products Division, Buchanan, MI (Industry: Material Handling Machinery & Systems) (1987-88)
Position: Production Coordinator/Production Master Scheduler
* Managed multi-million dollar inventories (raw materials, components, work-in-process, finished goods) and investment consistent with operational goals and market strategy. Established timing and inventory levels based on market forecast models, market activity, customer & product support requirements. * Achieved a minimum 50% reduction in average inventory investment, while increasing inventory turns on the aggregate, and improving customer support and service. * Provided product & production planning and control as required in support of the corporate business plan and the master production schedule. * Designed and developed production and resource planning tools for use in schedule support and monitoring by production and support personnel. * Maintained accuracy and integrity of item master files, bills-of-material, inventory records, routings, transactions, and open orders. * Key member of BPCS MRP II implementation Task Force. * Key member of Sourcing & Vendor Certification committee. * Active participant in employee involvement formats, as facilitator, project leader, and contributing member. * Administrative and supervisory responsibilities for (apprx. 10) production support employees.
(Bemis) Hayssen Manufacturing Co., Sheboygan, WI & Duncan, SC (Industry: Packaging Machinery & Systems) (1974-87)
Position(s): Sr. Shift Supervisor, Production Scheduler, Warehouse Supervisor, Sr. Production Planner, Production/Inventory Analyst, Production Supervisor, Buyer, Expeditor/Dispatcher.
* Numerous positions of increasing responsibility in all aspects of Production & Inventory management. * Assisted in development
of information systems to provide accurate and current status on all customer and work-in-process orders. * Established a rating system that monitored and evaluated supplier / vendor performance through quantifiable means. * Maintained accuracy and integrity of item master files, bills-of-material, inventory records, routings, transactions, and open orders. * Maintained all orders: order, schedule, reschedule, follow-up, and provide coordination to ensure a high degree of schedule integrity and customer support. * Maintained work center backlogs at attainable levels relative to capacity and initiate corrective action as required. * Designed and implemented on-line real-time requirement & replenishment reporting system for use company-wide. * Employed value analysis engineering principles & process simplification to result in substantial savings per unit. * Established a material review format to promote corrective action, maintain or improve quality, and reduce the instances of scrap and rework. * Developed and authored inventory and production management policies and supporting procedures as a contributing member of Martin-Marietta MAS-H (Custom) MRP Implementation Task Force. * Maintained a high degree of inventory accuracy and data integrity through initiation of programs utilizing education, cross-training, employee involvement, sample / cycle counting, and security. * Developed systems, policies & procedures for warehouse operations which improved customer support, record accuracy, efficient/effective operation, and utilization of physical space. * Supervised and directed activities of (apprx. 50) production, finishing, assembly, production support, warehouse & shipping/receiving personnel.
**Willing and Ready to relocate in pursuit of career opportunity.