Philip J Malone, NP
PSYCHIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER
Experienced Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. ANCC Board Certiﬁed Psychiatric- Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (Across the Lifespan). Unrestricted License, able to treat children and adults. Background in both inpatient and outpatient clinical services. Full prescription privileges and DEA Certiﬁcation. SKILLS
• Performs thorough diagnostic psychiatric evaluations.
• Proﬁcient in psychopharmacological management of mental illnesses.
• Ordered, reviewed and interpreted laboratory data and other diagnostic test.
• Initiate and manage patients receiving Clozaril and Lithium therapy.
• Able to work autonomously, consulting and collaborating with physicians, peers and others on the interdisciplinary team.
• Documents clinical activities in the electronic medical record, and maintains documentation of administrative activities according to local, state and federal guidelines.
Institute for Family Health - Bronx, NY
PSYCHIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER 2/19 - PRESENT
• Providing direct comprehensive psychiatric services for Developmentally Disabled clients, ages fourteen through eighty.
• Population predominantly Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Levels 1-3
• Performed full diagnostic psychiatric evaluations, medication management, and supportive psychotherapy to patients and families.
• Developed and supervised implementation of treatment plans for ICF (Intermediate Care Facility) housing programs.
• Maintained standards of care implemented by OPWDD in the provision of services for disabled citizens.
Lincoln Hospital Mental Health Center - Bronx, NY
PSYCHIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER 7/16 - 11/18
• Busy mental health clinic within Lincoln Hospital Behavioral Health Department. Focus on transitioning individuals from inpatient to outpatient services.
• Initial consultation, diagnostic evaluations, medication management, IPT.
• Provision of individual, CBT, DBT, and Trauma Based Psychotherapy.
• Collaboration with Psychiatry, Psychology and Social Services in the development of effective treatment plans.post discharge.
ADULT INPATIENT UNIT
• Responsible for admissions, discharges, medical and psychiatric management of ten to twelve patients on a busy inpatient unit.
• Developed and implemented treatment plans using pharmacotherapy, short term individual psychotherapy, group therapy and other evidenced based modalities of treatment.
• Team leader responsibilities. Led weekly team meetings evaluating effectiveness of implemented therapies, reviewing course of hospitalization, and development of appropriate discharge plan.
• Participated in continuing educational activities to ensure maintenance of standards for licensing and certiﬁcation in the interest of both personal and institutional goals Monteﬁore Medical Center - Bronx, NY
REGISTERED NURSE / CHARGE NURSE 3/06-1/14
• Extensive experience in the assessment, implementation and evaluation of emergency patients.
• Developed safety policies for the Emergency Pediatric Psychiatric Emergency Room.
• Supervised licensed professionals and non-licensed associates in the delivery of care
• Nurse Mentor for the College of New Rochelle BSN program
• Nursing Preceptor - Recruited, interviewed, and trained newly hired Staff Nurses St John’s Catholic Medical Center - Elmhurst, NY
Registered Nurse - Emergency Department 9/03 - 9/05 Massapequa General Hospital - Seaford, NY
Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit 9/98 - 9/00 EDUCATION
Hunter College New York, NY Master of Science, MSN - Cum Laude 2014 Molloy College Rockville Center, NY Bachelor of Science, BSN 1987
GRADUATE CLINICAL TRAINING
Monteﬁore Center for Positive Living - Bronx, NY 1/13 - 1/14 HIV Clinic - Psychiatry Division
• Performed Comprehensive Psychiatric Assessments
• Initiated and managed psychotropic medications, medication teaching
• Provided individual and couples therapy
Friends Pediatric Psychiatry Clinic - Bronx, NY 1/14 - 5/14
• Treated children ages 6-19
• Initial intakes, comprehensive psych evaluations, family and individual therapy Visiting Nurse Service of New York - Manhattan, NY 1/14 - 5/14
• Psychiatric ACT Team
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
ANCC Board Certiﬁed Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner NYS Registered Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
NYS Registered Professional Nurse