Pepperdine University School of Law Malibu, CA
Juris Doctor May 2019
Certificates: Dispute Resolution; International and Comparative Law; Criminal Legal Practice Activities: Christian Legal Society, London Chairperson 2017; Criminal Law Society; International Law Society; Women’s Legal Society; Federalist Society Competitor in Cross Examination Competition (Fall 2018) Study Abroad: Global Justice Program (Summer 2017); London Program (Fall 2017) University of California, Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA Bachelor of Arts, Political Science June 2015
Honors: UCLA Dean’s List (Winter 2013, Spring 2013, Spring 2015) Activities: Pre-Law Society; Chi Alpha Christian Fellowship; Bruin Martial Arts; Study Abroad: UCLA Center for American Progress and Public Policy, Washington D.C. LEGAL EXPERIENCE
Faith and Family Mediation Clinic, Jewish Divorce Assistance Clinic of Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA Student Volunteer January 2019 – May 2019
• Assisted in the negotiation and filing of California state divorce settlement agreements both civilly and religiously, including arrangements for custody and child/spousal support, asset division, and clauses relating to religious practices.
• Observed and assisted in formal Jewish and religious mediation under the supervision of the professor. Hosp, Gilbert, & Bergsten Pasadena, CA
Law Clerk May 2018-August 2018
• Drafted memorandums, motions, and other pre-trial documents for attorneys for use in settlement negotiations, depositions, and trial.
• Analyzed and summarized discovery documents for use in trial and settlement negotiations.
• Drafted discovery requests and responses to discovery. Ventura County District Attorney, Major Crimes Ventura, CA Law Clerk January 2018-April 2018
• Conducted research assignments for attorneys within the Major Crimes division such as Miranda Rights law, voluntary intoxication defenses, and homicide classifications.
• Drafted memorandums and motions to be used in pre-trial and trial.
• Reviewed transcripts of victims, defendants, and witnesses, collect and analyze statistics, and develop trial strategy. Global Justice Program Kigali, Rwanda
Legal Intern, Office of Prosecutor General, International Crimes Unit May 2017– August 2017
• Assisted Prosecutor General and Chief Justice to complete reports on international crime studies.
• Attended court sessions for genocide transfer cases and report facts and findings to prosecutors.
• Traveled to Uganda for a prison project training for the implementation of the new plea bargaining system in the judiciary; worked with prisoners on remand and state prosecutors to negotiate plea bargains; train Ugandan law students and defense advocates on the intricacies of plea bargaining.
• Attended and participated in week-long conference and training for the prosecution of international war crimes hosted by the United Nations and the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Languages: Conversational Spanish
Interests: Traveling; Hiking; Classic Literature; Coin Collecting