ESTHER OPEYEMI OLOWOKUDEJO
** ********** ******** ** *******, AB T3P 0J2
Seeking employment as a Nurse where I can provide quality and compassionate care for patients requiring all levels of care. My education and experiences has enable me to acquire relevant skills to support Patients and families within the care team. HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to deal with challenging behaviours
- Ability to react quickly to emergency
- Ability to interact in a multicultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a safe working environment to self and patients
- Professional communication skills include fluency in English
- Proven ability to work without supervision
- Proven records of treating patients, co-workers and the public with courtesy and Respects
- Basic computer skills
- Compassionate, tolerant and caring nature
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS.
Pediatric Tracheostomy Course
Alberta children Hospital. August 8 to 9, 2019.
Practical Nurse Diploma - June 12, 2019.
Health Care Aide Certificate December 19, 2016
Alzheimer society Calgary, AB
Best friend Certificate October 26, 2016
Bow valley college, Calgary, AB.
Overview and navigation Test Certificate October 13, 2016 Clinical Documentation Test Certificate October 13, 2016
-Valid class 5 driver’s license with clean Records. RELEVANT CLINICAL EXPERIENCE.
Clinical Preceptorship Feb 2019 to April 2019
Bethany Harvest Hills Calgary AB
- Admitting new residents
- Monitoring residents care and supervising other nursing staff.
- Administering medications to residents and documentation
- Performing ongoing assessments of residents physical and mental health
- Performing wound care.
- Explaining procedures and treatment protocol to residents. Student practical Nurse (clinical 3 placements) Jan 2019 to Feb 2019 Foothills Medical Centre, Calgary, AB.
- Document data connected to patients care together with assessment results, intervention, medications and patient responses.
- Effective communication in a professional way with patients, staffs and family members
- In and Out catheter insertion. - Wound dressing change according to unit policy using sterile techniques.
Student practical Nurse (clinical 2 placement) Sept 4 - Nov 21, 2018 Foothills Medical Centre, Calgary, AB.
- Quality Patients care including Vital signs and documentation, IV management, Medication Administration, in and out catheter insertion.
- Given injection to patients
- Keeping records of fluid and food Input and Output.
- Assist patient to maintain personal hygiene.
Student practical Nurse (clinical 1 placement) July 30 - Aug 17 2018. Intercare Brentwood, Calgary, AB.
-Effectively communicated with the patients on a daily basis and cared for their needs.
- Assisted with patients morning care, bed making and grooming e.g., giving complete bed bath, shower and sponge bath, oral and perinea care.
- Assisted in patients feeding and provided companionship.
- Assisted with transferring patients using mechanical lifts and transfer belts. OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE.
Ohana Care Health Services, Calgary AB. July 10, 2019 to Present. Licensed Practical Nurse
- Head to toe assessment
- Pediatric Tracheostomy care
Health care Aide. Carewest, Calgary AB June 10 2019 to Date.
- Assist clients with dressing and undressing, grooming, bath, application of lotions.
- Medication reminders and assistance.
- Assist clients with walking, encourage clients independence.
- Assist with monitoring clients on oxygen.
- Monitor and encourage fluid intake.
- Document in Total Team Record.
Health care aide - Paramed Home care, Calgary AB. April 4 - Dec 26, 2017.
- Assist clients with shower, bed bath.
- Giving support to clients by providing housekeeping and laundry services.
- Monitor client’s physical and mental status
- Assist clients in preparing and serving meals, fruits and snacks
- Giving clients supports in exercise.
References are available upon Request