SQL SERVER DBA
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
I am a SQL Server DBA, that provide support to and maintain multiple production and non-production databases of significant and/or strategic impact across the enterprise. I am responsible for the implantation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical MS SQL Server RDBMS system, to ensure the availability and consistent performance.
MY CORE EXPERIENCE IS IN THE AREA OF
Configuration, Data Migration, Database Backup and recovery/Disaster Recovery, Database Upgrades/Patches, Performance Tuning/Troubleshooting, Security, Information Systems Auditing, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and High Availability, Replication,Encryption.
Sequium Asset Solution
Investigate root cause for database related application errors (SQL timeouts, deadlocks, unexpected data condition, etc.
Monitor and optimize schedules for SQL Server Agent-based maintenance jobs (backups, statistics maintenance, index maintenance, etc.)
Understand current capacity issues and the capacity planning processes
Resolved Performance Tuning problems
Configured Always on Availability Group in a Clustered environment
Configured Log shipping, Database Mirroring and Replication.
Update SQL Server And Windows Patches
Scheduled Backup Strategy based on RPO and RTO of the company.
Deployed SSIS packages created by developers to the destination location and Run the Packages. Experience with SSRS.
Knowledge on types of Recovery Models
Upgrade from older versions to newer versions of sql server
Performed Side by Side and In place Upgrades in Sql Server.
Coordinate with teammates to establish and document standards for database administration relevant to the run application.
Work and manage SQL Server in Azure cloud environments using Microsoft Azure IAAS and PAAS solutions
Provide DBA support for production and non-production SQL Server environments
Work with team to review change requests and perform change requests
Resolved ticketing issues.
Assign Minimal Security Access to Users and Set up Encryption.
Maintain the health of the production, (and/or lower region) environments to ensure databases are highly available, highly secure, and recoverable.
Refreshed Production Environment with Test Environment.
Work with software developers and testers to provide optimization help, performance stabilization, and index tuning.
Used native monitoring and troubleshooting tools for Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO).
Reviewed T-SQL Script before deployment into a production environment.
Technology Group Associate
Feb2018 – March2019
• Routinely performed query tuning and other performance tuning practices to resolve issues and ensure that databases are working at their maximum capacity.
• Grant minimum access privileges to account to improve security and to attain high ratings in SOC audits.
• Maintained user roles, security, profiles, complex workflow rules, and configurations.
• Identify Salesforce usage problems and develop technical and communication plans to remedy.
• Experience using third-party tools like Quest Litespeed for compressions and overall increased performance of SQL Server and Redgate SQL Monitor to proactively monitor SQL Server state.
• Perform health check for indexes, slow queries, and expensive queries.
• Rebuilt, Reorg and monitor indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
• Verified backups and error logs on the servers and troubleshoots any failures or alert problems, and open tickets if necessary.
• Responsible for the distribution of required reports from the CRM Database Solution.
Migrated legacy SQL Servers to 2012,2014 and 2016 version of SQL Server with Always - on features which involves a lot of changes in Disaster Recovery solutions.
Experience on Microsoft Azure[PAAS,IAAS], migrating Databases from on-premises to the cloud using migration Assistance. Managing storage in Azure, Create databases in Azure, migrate from on-premises to Sql Azure, Deployment in Azure Sql Database using Managed instance, Single and Elastic Pool
August 2015 - December 2017
• Migrated prod/non-prod servers from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008, 2012 and 2014.
• Installed and configured SQL 2008 and SQL 2012 on WINDOWS 2008 systems.
• Involved in performance tuning using Performance Monitoring tools, SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer and Index tuning wizards, Database Engine Tuning Advisor and query store.
• Set up, tested, and maintained business continuity/disaster recovery infrastructure for databases and applications including documentation of Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP).
• Handled monitoring and updating the Backup and Recovery strategy to recover data using RPO and RTO solutions based on requirements.
• Experienced using Business intelligence tool like Tableau to extract customized data points from SQL database.
• Performed SQL Server service pack and Windows Service pack upgrades.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Tai Solarin University [Nigeria] 11/2010 - 04/2014 Major: Mass Communication, Minor: Information Technology [BACHELORS]
Certification of completion (Microsoft SQL Server 2012): Implementation and Maintenance
RDBMS: SQL 2005, SQL 2008/2008r2, SQL 2012, SQL Server 2014 2016 and 2017 Database Administration, Enterprise Environments, Configuration, Installation, Upgrade and Update, Performance Tuning with SQL Profiler, Extended Event, Query Store. Stand-Alone and Clustering[Log shipping, DB mirroring, Always on, Failover, Replication] Environment, SSIS, SSRS,PATCHES, Ticketing tools, Security[Encryption, Data masking]Backup and Restore, Maintenance Plan, Database Integrity, Troubleshooting[Deadlock and Blockings], Migration, System Health check, T-SQL, Microsoft Azure Applications[PAAS,IAAS]. Communication Skills,written skills.
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/2003/2008/2008R2/2012R2