Jose “Jesse” Gutierrez
**** ***** **. *** *******,90065 Cell 1-213 270- 5853 firstname.lastname@example.org
A seasoned manager with management experience in manufacturing, development/pre-production and sourcing. Professional, ﬂexible, creative, analytical and detailed oriented. Ability to start and complete projects with efﬁ- ciency and accuracy. Takes initiative and responsibility. Highlights
• Created and maintained vendor capability and performance information database
• Sourced sustainable and eco friendly product for luxury brands.
• Experienced in domestic and international sourcing and purchasing
• Strong ability to collect data, analyzes information, deﬁne problems and identify solutions.
• Experienced in domestic and international price negotiations
• Negotiated supplier contracts with core factories
• Planned daily workﬂow, and production scheduling
• Identiﬁed opportunities and recommendations for re-sourcing and re-negotiation of prices to meet deliv- ery and price margins goals
• Implemented and oversaw development/production calendar to meet garment delivery dates
• Assisted the design team in highlighting issues which could potentially affect manufacturing and pricing
• Resolved quality and pricing issues with vendors
• Negotiated ﬁnal claims
• Proven multi-cultural management and communication skills
• Recommended improvements in production methods and procedures
• Managed the manufacturing processes within a cross functional team of merchandisers, Sourcing, de- signers, ﬁt techs, production and others to meet development and production deadlines.
• Built, prepared, and maintained production monthly reports on cost, delivery, and quality
• Coordinated and led weekly production meetings
• Assisted in negotiating conﬁrmed prices to achieve the company’s goals for gross margin and proﬁtabili- ty.
Production and Sourcing Consultant
Managed production and sourcing in Mexico and Asia, denim, knits and wovens Managed the production and logistics for 5 week quick turn programs in Mexico for clients in Los Angeles. Managed sourcing and production for juniors, women’s, and men’s. Approved all lab dips before PPS are started
Oversaw the production of all PPS, salesman samples and TOP Attended ﬁttings and worked and make sure all changes are done before PPS are started. Oversaw the production, development, merchandising for collections Performed extra duties and tasks that were necessary to fulﬁll job responsibilities. Set up factories to succeed by making sure factory has all development, production and fabric approvals in a timely manner.
Managed & coordinated with designers and graphic artists Monitored and analyzed daily, weekly and monthly production results Worked with China suppliers to address minimums, sourcing, or potential quality issues with garments Maintained open and frequent and collaborative communication with, design, production managers, and quality control managers, on all issues relating to production, quality, delivery, and cost Blue 44 Apparel Mexico-Production Management/Sourcing/Logistics 2010-2014
Managed sourcing and logistics
Researched vendor and production strategies and investigated new sourcing opportunities as well as new devel- opment and production process.
Negotiate all FOB prices and all factory charge backs. Communicated between factories and customers
Communicated seasonal production calendar to vendors & suppliers Developed, deployed and implemented sourcing strategy Identiﬁed and executed total cost reduction opportunities Managed, sourced and developed, sustainable apparel Urban Trends/Karl Kani Europe- Production/Development Manager, Utrecht, Holland/Barcelona, Spain 2001-2008
Oversaw the production of denim, knit wear and accessories in Asia, Pakistan, Syria, Egypt and Turkey Built and managed development and production teams to carry out company goals and objectives. Monitored fabric development with design & materials department Worked with designers in producing product which needed to meet pricing objectives and individual apparel needs for our European distributors.
Managed sales samples to be made with input from sales team Reviewed competitors products to determine current market trend and recommend changes or new develop- ment of product.
Implemented and oversaw development/production calendar to meet garment delivery dates Approved lab dips, dye lots, washing effect, hand feel and shade bands and general ﬂow of process Led planning of approved designs from conception thru ﬁnal delivery. Nike-Factory Merchandising Manager- Beaverton,Oregon 1996-2000
Managed the production of 400, 000 units a month for the WC liaison ofﬁce. 98% OTD Responsible for the timely preparation and distribution of reports required, including those from subordinate personnel.
Established and managed domestic and Mexican factories which helped the ofﬁce achieve, delivery, price and quality goals in a very competitive and fast paced environment. Created and presented mid-year factory reports for upper management and the sourcing departments. Oversaw the commercialization of the product before PO’s were issued. Responsible for all day to day communication with the factories Managed and tracked all samples, fabric approvals, trims and colors to ensure approval by the deadline Responsible for weekly reports for management
Prepared pre-cost sheets for sourcing and engineering department Ensure OTD by adhering to the production calendar
Production planning and cost negotiation
Karl Kani Jeans- Asst. Production Manager/Production manager 1992-1996
Responsible for the manufacturing of both denim pants and knit tops. Oversaw cutting, sewing, wash/dye, screen printing, embroidery and ﬁnishing Managed production from sample approvals to ﬁnal delivery Negotiated price and delivery dates with factories Prepared production reports for the Production Manager Pepe Jeans- Asst. Production Manager
Assisted the production manager in managing all aspects of the domestic manufacturing process with the em- phasis in quality control.
Maintained necessary records, spreadsheets and ﬁles for production Manager Assisted with data entry and document maintenance
Pro-actively followed up on pending issues
University California Los Angeles Ext
Supply Chain Management Certiﬁcation-Present
Azusa-Paciﬁc University - Azusa, CA
B.S. Degree Marketing
FIDM- -Los Angeles, CA
A.A. Degree Manufacturing Management
Ability to work with Windows, Windows Ofﬁce, OSX, GSBASE, Wordpress