email@example.com 605-***-**** https://www.linkedin.com/in/allan-millar-579253171 Education
University of North Dakota
B.S. in Computer Science
Minor in Mathematics
Grand Forks, ND
August 2015 – Expected December 2019
Systems Programming (CSCI-230, Fall 2018), Algorithms and Data Structures (CSCI-242, Fall 2017), Advanced Programming Languages (CSCI-260, Fall 2018), Organization of Programming Languages (CSCI-365, Spring 2018), Artificial Intelligence (CSCI- 384, Spring 2018), Formal Languages and Automata (CSCI-435, Fall 2018), Senior Project I (CSCI-492, Fall 2018), Intro to Linear Algebra, Calculus I-III, Set theory and Logic, Discrete Mathematics, Elementary Differential Equations, and Applied Statistical Methods.
US Master Scholarship – Awarded: Fall 2015 – Spring 2017, by the National Science Foundation The Deann and Lee Christianson Scholarship – Awarded: August 2016, by UND Skills
Proficient: Java, Python Familiar: C, SQL, html, git, linux
Previously worked with: Perl,
Extracurriculars & Projects
Member of the Association for Computing Machinery Spring 2017 - Present Participant of multiple programming competitions
ICPC – Fall 2017, Fall 2018
MICS – Spring 2018
Digi-Key Collegiate Computing Competition – Fall 2018 NCS – Cyber Cup Challenge
Example website using Perl, with focus on combining html, cookies, Perl, and SQL, ran locally.
NDSU Cybersecurity REU – Funded by the National Science Foundation Research Assistant – Artificial Intelligence Automated Attack Systems
- Individual Research centered on Cyber-Security.
- Self-guided development of semi-automated attack system.
- Scientific research paper discussing process and results May 2019 – August 2019
Chester Fritz Library
Senior Shift Supervisor
- Serving as first contact for patrons and assisting in any way possible.
- Training and leading newer students and using my background in technology to improve outdated processes and resources.
- Utilizing strong communication skills to update procedures and standardize policies.
January 2016 – May 2019