An experienced Quantity Surveyor in both pre & post contract seeking a challenging position that fits my qualification and affords the opportunity of utilizing and furthers my knowledge, experience, leadership, communication skills, computer expertise and to enhance professional growth internationally.
I Successfully Completed Bachelor’s Degree of Entrepreneurship & Management (BBM)
& Advanced Technician Diploma Construction in Quantity Surveying- Level 5 IVQ
(HND) from City & Guilds with additional skill knowledge of FIDIC, CESMM3 and AutoCAD & MS Office.
I have gained around 06 years of excellent experienced in pre & post contract in the construction industry in Qatar & Sri Lanka. An experienced Quantity Surveyor in architectural, Civil, MEP and other specialist system works and preparation of bill of quantities, interim valuations, pricing and negotiation of claims and variations works & final accounts. Feasibility studies, preliminary cost estimation, pre tender contract cost advice, preparation of contract documents, quotations, tendering and negotiation etc. Time Management - Work under tremendous work pressure & meet with deadlines with ease and efficiency. PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Successfully Completed Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) in Entrepreneurship & Management at Uva Wellassa university of Sri Lanka.
• IVQ Level 5 Advanced Technician Diploma in Construction (Tender Estimating and Quantity surveying), which is conducted by the City & Guilds of London Institute.
• Successfully Completed in Advanced Diploma in Architectural Design 4 principal, AutoCAD & Draughtsman with MEP by the City & Guilds of London Institute.
• Successfully Completed in Advanced Diploma in Construction Site Surveying & Materials and Construction Technology by the City & Guilds of London Institute.
• Successfully Completed in Advanced Diploma in Construction Management & Law by the City & Guilds of London Institute.
• Successfully Completed & full qualified AATSL at Association of Accounting Technicians of Sri Lanka
• Certificate in Computer Application Assistant – MS Office Packages (MS Word & MS Excel), Operating System, Internet & E-mail at Genius College (TVEC Approved Institute)
• National Certificate in English for commerce, industry & further education, which is conducted by the Technical College, Sri Lanka
1. Quality Based Structures WLL (QBS) - Doha
Quantity Surveyor- (July 2017 to Present 2019)- 2 Years 2. Sierra Construction – Sri Lanka
Quantity Surveyor- (June 2015 to June 2017)- 2 Years 3. Mega City Construction – Sri Lanka
Quantity Surveyor- (February 2011 to January 2013)- 2 Years WORKED PROJECTS
1. Quality Based Structures WLL (QBS) – Doha (Present) Project : Extension of Arab League Street to Temporary Truck Road- (Al- kheesa) Project Cost : QR 169,698,581.64
Client : ASHGHAL
Consultant : ITALCONSULT
SCOPE OF WORKS
Construction of approximately 5 km new dual 3 lane carriageway road as part of extension of Arab League Street to connect to existing temporary truck route (TTR) & 4 km of new service road with parking with 3 Signalized Junction.
Works includes such as Site Clearance, Earthworks, Surface water drainage network, Foul sewer Drainage, Treated sewerage effluent network, Traffic Signals, Street Lighting networks poles, ITS network, Utility works including water, Ooredoo & Electricity works including transmission cable 11 KV Sub-Station, Roads including asphalt, road base, sub base, paving, kerbs, and sidewalks installation, car parking facilities and Traffic Signs and road marking & Road furniture for public area.
2. Sierra Construction – Sri Lanka
Project : Kandy to Mahiyagana Road Project (Package 01) Project Cost : Rs 62,432,219.51
Client : Road Development Authority
Consultant : CEC Consulting Engineering
SCOPE OF WORKS
Construction of approximately 39 km carriageway road as part of Kandy to Mahiyagana road Project (package- 01) & Road works including sub base, road base, asphalt base course, wearing course, road marking & storm water drainage networks. 3. Mega City Construction-Sri Lanka
Project : School Building (G+3)
Project Cost : Rs.51,215,102.51
Client : Education Ministry of Sri Lanka
Consultant : Darinton Construction (Pvt) Ltd
SCOPE OF WORKS
Planning, Designing and Construction of G+3 school building of all civil works & electrical works, sewerage disposal system, plumbing works and landscape. Duties and Responsibilities
• Taking off quantities & Comparisons (manual &Auto CAD), Contract Documents
• Studying Scope of Works, Drawings, BOQ & Specifications, and Codes etc
• Preparation of monthly interim Payment Application
• Subcontractor Payment Application, negotiation, issuing payment certificate
• Valuation of variation & issuing variation orders, value engineering & claims
• Update Summary of Planned vs Executed amount of the project
• Preparation of Revised BOQ
• Giving Feedback to QA/QC on Inspection Reports / RFIs
• Coordinate with project Engineers and prepare monthly Progress report
• Preparing Schedule of Rate for Labour, Material and Plant & Equipment.
• Preparing Claim Status & Outstanding Value Assessments
• Preparing Necessary Back-ups / Breakdowns for Claims
• Dealing with Bonds (Bid, Performance bond, Advance guarantee, Tender bond)
• Periodically attending progress and contract meeting with client & consultant COMPUTER SKILLS
Software Applications: Construction & Technical Software:
• MS Office Packages Auto CAD
• Ability to communicate effectively with others under stressful condition
• Having ability/experience in working for long hours
• Time management and negotiation skills.
• Ability to tolerate in challenging environment
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD) EVENTS
• Participated in the soft skills workshop at uva wellassa university (personal Grooming, Team Building & leadership skills, personality Development & confidence Building)
• Attended the workshop Saksham… The Last Mile (A program to build self- confidence
& Corporate etiquette in young and talented Individual to succeed in career wold held in the Global tower Hotel
• Intensive training on preparing BOQ of real building projects- (training hours- 320 hours)
Project : HOTEL AT SEEF (MOVENPICK) @ Manama, BAHRAIN Client : GLOBAL EXPRESS
Consultant : ISMAIL KHONJI ASSOCIATES CONSULTING ENGINEERS Scope of Work : (B+G+MEZ HEALTH+MECH 14 floors) Subject : Prepare Of B.O.Q (Civil)
Project : QATAR AIRPORT@ DOHA, QATAR
Client : CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY, QATAR
Consultant : KEO INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANTS
Scope of Work : land area in excess 22km&handles around 50Million passengers, 2millions Tons of cargo, including free trade zone, offices, hotel, retain mall& etc.
Subject : Prepare Of B.O.Q (MEP) -HVAC
Name : Rifnas ALM
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Single
Nationality : Sri lankan
Language : English
Passport Number : N6938221
Driving License : Valid till March 2024 (Qatar License Available) Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
I hereby justify that the above-furnished information is true to the best of my knowledge and belief.