Vijaya Ramarao, Mellempudi
T: 513-***-**** E: email@example.com https://www.linkedin.com/in/vrmellempudi/ WORK EXPERIENCE
Comcast June 2017 – July2019
Development Engineer 2 (C, C++, Linux) Chennai, India
• Majorly worked in C,C++ on RDK-V framework for STB Devices with Embedded Linux Platform.
• Module ownership of Tr69Host-if, Re-factored critical parts of the code to improve the performance and reduce load on the system, maintained module, fixed critical bugs in the module, reduced bug reports by 80% and implemented new features.
• Integration of GTest/GMock framework with RDK emulator, implemented and structured a handy unit testing framework for developers, which is used by the entire developers for unit testing their modules/features.
• CPU Profiling of Applications and Load average analysis on STB, in which I worked on a tool CPU- ProcAnalyzer, tool captures the CPU statistics and memory usage across the processes. Debugged release blocker issues, field reported high load average issues.
• Refactored an IPC mechanism in Receiver module, which eliminated a process running in STB which was consuming ~3MB of RAM.
• Designed a push-based notification to the servers which removed the polling mechanism for the change notifications in MoCA module.
• Worked in Wi-Fi HAL module, Implemented Pre-association Roaming feature for STB client devices to select the best Frequency in the AP(5 GHz /2.4 GHz) based on the Wi-Fi attributes set by the TR69Host-If.
• Worked on a Wi-Fi feature for WiFi Testing warehouse, which scans the Aps’ which are band specific 2.4GHz/5GHz and then filters it by SSID as given by the WiFi tester.
• Debugged and narrowed down the re-tune channel issues caused by TRM, which closed the issues by 70%.
• Have knowledge on DVR and Recorder modules in RDK-V devices. Cerner Corporation December 2016 – May 2017
System Engineer Intern (OpenStack, Linux, Python) Bangalore, India
• Developed a web portal OpenStack Health Dashboard using Django, REST, AJAX, Bootstrap, CSS and HTML.
• This dashboard collects the status of the instances and their health in the OpenStack cloud environment. EDUCATION
Master’s in Computer Science Expected 2020
University of Cincinnati Cincinnati, USA
M. Tech in Software Engineering (Integrated) July 2012 – May 2017 GPA: 3.9, VIT University Chennai, India
Languages: C/C++, Linux Shell, C#.Net, Java/J2EE, Python/Django and SQL/Oracle. Platforms: Embedded Linux and Windows
Tools : Yocto, GNU Automake, Eclipse, Netbeans, PyCharm, REST API, MySQL, Jenkins, Qt, Git. 2 P a g e
Kxeta Personal Assistant C#, REST API, MySQL
Designed and created a voice automated personal assistant using C# .net language to program, online API of Microsoft and other open source APIs’.
Airport Traffic Data Analysis Hadoop-Hive, Tableau Worked on International airport traffic data set (~4000k records) to analyze what are the busiest airports as per years. Trends in each airport which tells us what are busiest days, weeks, months of year. Code Evaluator Java, Linux, php, MySQL
Code Evaluator helps to digitalize the evaluations in the computer programming labs/competitions. Developed an application which reads the code written by the test taker, compiles and runs the test cases to evaluate. Student- Worker Experience
University Teaching Assistant: (July 2016 – November2016)
• Guided and assisted freshman students in the field of Computer Sciences (C, C++).
• Created weekly lesson plans and activities. Led lab section of 32 students, lectured on important concepts and tools.