Dear Hiring Manager
In response to your advertisement for the VP of Engineering position, I am forwarding my resume for your consideration.
By way of introduction, as a senior manager of IT for a Fortune 100 firm, I have enjoyed a classical technology career. My career encompasses growth through such position as Programmer, Sr. Analyst, Technical lead, Architect, Senior Project and Development Manager, Director of IT/CIO and VP level positions reporting directly to the CEO/President/Chairman of the Board. I am PMP certified and have managed projects in excess of $5 million and managing a team of about 100 comprising of both onshore and offshore staff.
In my current position as the Head of IT/Development/Support, I am responsible for the firm’s IT related product, technical and support functions. As an experienced manager, I am able to communicate at all levels of management, skilled at building and managing stakeholder network and managing enterprise projects to achieve the highest level of project management initiatives. These initiatives employ best practices ensuring on time and on budget project completion using SDLC methodology, while managing a very knowledgeable agile team using continuous deployment and daily Scrum Session. The following are some of the significant values that I would bring to your firm:
- Extraordinary technical expertise, problem solving skills and strategic planner.
- Managing security and HIPAA compliance and security policies adherence.
- Understanding enterprise wide infrastructure requirements, data and cyber security, scalability and creating of policies and procedures to manage these.
- Superior product and project management, leadership and communication skills.
- Excel in Vendor and Contract Management including holding contractors and vendors to their part of the commitment and excellent financial management skills.
- Very apt at building consensus and excel at team building and employing the brightest brains in the industry.
- Long and consistent track record of delivering enterprise wide high profile and high visibility systems on time, on budget and in excellent qualify.
- Developed and implemented several high profile e-commerce and CMS responsive sites using Sitecore and Sitefinity.
- Visionary by nature and along with my technical training I am in an excellent position to mentor and direct the team. Managing all this while never losing sight of the business goals and very aware of time to market requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple large projects simultaneously with equal attention to details.
- Risk manager who is always finding ways to mitigate the risk and/or have contingency plans built into the process.
- Experienced with Test Driven Development and managing Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Expert at transforming a development into an Agile team with daily Scrum sessions.
- Cloud based systems and Mobile apps for IOS and Android devices.
I am confident that my technical, leadership, consensus building, flexibility and project management expertise as well as excellent written and oral communications, and highly proficient analytical skills will be valuable to the institution. I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you at a mutually convenient time to elaborate on my suitability for the VP of Engineering position.