REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE Scarborough, ON. M1E 4S8
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Clinical placement nursing experience working with seniors and adult patients in hospital settings.
- Experience with assessment patient care and discharge planning experience with excellent judgement, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills with patients and colleagues.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Effective computer skills and MS word, internet searches, data entry and patient information systems.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Practical Nursing Diploma Sept.2016-Apr.2018
Centennial College, Toronto. ON
- Basic Cardiac Life Support CPR and First Aid Certificates March, 2019 BLS Provider-Heart & Stroke Foundation.
- Personal Support Worker Jan. 2008 - Nov. 2008
Clarkridge Career Institute, Toronto.
- Grade 12 English May, 2007- Aug. 2007
Michener College, Toronto
- Certificate Course in Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing. Oct.2002- Mar.2003 Ministry of Health Sri Lanka.
- Post Basic Diploma in Nursing. Feb.1997- Mar.1999 Eastern University Sri Lanka
- General Nursing Nursing Certificate Dec.1989 - Apr. 1993 CLINICAL EXPERIENCE
Practical Student Nurse-Veteran Centre Unit-LSSW Jan.2018-Apr.2018 Sunnybrook Health Science Centre
SUTHARSAN THAMBIAIAH 1418-70 Mornelle Court
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE Scarborough, ON. M1E 4S8 416-***-****
- Administered IV fluids and prescribe medications including antibiotics and narcotic
- Monitored results looking for potential side effects, adverse reaction and pain.
- Performed sterile procedures including dressing changes and catheterization.
- Displayed strong assessment skilled to identify and monitor patient’s needs while consulting with physician.
- Experienced handle with cognitive impairment clients.
- Provided emotional support to patients and their families.
- Concisely monitored, evaluated and documented ongoing patient care in charts.
- Attended in service training on infectious disease control, computerized charting and total patient care.
Practical Student Nurse-2L Medicine Jan.2017- Apr.2017 St.Joseph Health Centre Toronto.ON
- Performed physical assessments.
- Administered medications and monitor it’s side effects to notify physician.
- Carried out physician instructions and assisted with treatment.
- Monitored established intravenous therapy.
- Prepared clients for X-ray, dental; eye clinic appointment and treatment plan.
- Participated family conferences partnership with multidisciplinary team to helped clients.
Registered Nurse Apr.1993-Mar.2006
Teaching Hospital Batticaloa, Sri Lanka
- Planned care independently worked to carry full patient load.
- Evaluated patient needs, administered IV fluids, medication and performed nursing procedures as ordered.
- Palliative and quality end of life care, NHI Healthcare Toronto Nov. 2017
- Food handler certificate, Toronto public health May, 2016 References. Available upon request.