BASSAM AL ALI
****w Farragut Ave., Chicago, Illinois 60625
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bassam-al-ali HIGHLIGHTS OF
Civil Engineer Project Manager, Oversee the Implementation and Completion of Construction Projects, including Collaborating with Architects and Suppliers, Monitoring Construction Progress, Consulting with Clients, Solving Problems, Handling Budgets, Developed Proposals and Detailed Construction Cost Estimates and Ensuring Safe Working Conditions.
Construction Materials Specifications, Precast Concrete and Reinforced Concrete Properties, Cost and Budget Estimation Experience, Construction Management, Microsoft Programs, Construction Work experience, Site Supervisory skills, Good Communication and Negotiation Abilities, Problems Resolution, Reviewed the Design Packages, Quantity Surveys and Completed the Takeoff using Drawings and Specification.
2011-2019 Construction Estimator/Commercial Al Qabas Oil Services Co.
1. Managed, estimated projects and submitted bids as the general contractor or as a subcontractor to other general contractors based on the projects scope of work including Performed Construction drawing reviews in order to perform detailed cost allocations among various projects.
2. Served dual roles as Commercials manager and site superintendent to develop and construct from the pre-bid to project completion of a Steel warehouses and Concrete Structures Buildings with its facilities.
3. Estimated and Managed the Construction of Superstructure and Infrastructure for two Water Treatment Plants projects with capacity of (2000 m3/hr and 3000 m3/hr) with its pipeline network.
4. Estimated and managed the Execution for Non Processing Building, Steel Structure Sheds for Oil and Gas Refinery Project (30000 m2).
5. Developed, Updated, and Monitored Individual Project WBS, Schedules and Budgets in Conjunction with Program team members and Consultants for River Water Intake Project capacity of (4000 m3/hr).
6. Analyzed Blueprints, Specifications, Proposals and other Construction Documents to Prepare Time, Cost, Materials and Labor Estimates for Ongoing Projects.
2008-2011 Supervising and Project Controller 77 Construction Contracting & Trading Co.
1. Managed the Modification of Civil Progress Milestones and supervised the execution activities for the Construction of Fuel Station and wash rack (1500 m2) project.
2. Proficient with interpreting structural drawings and worked with detailed work packages including Estimation Costs.
3. Project Superintendents coordinate operations of a program and make sure that business objectives are attained in time and within budget for Supplying Precast Concrete Units.
4. Supervised and scheduled work of other team members and performed quality control.
5. Superintendents with field activity management, including site inspection and coordination for precast concrete Building (1250 m2) and the Construction of Reinforced Concrete Roads (20000 m2) projects.
6. Developed project schedules and cost planning, analyzed change order requests and invoices to save by negotiating economies of scale prices with main suppliers to reduce the cost.
7. Coordinated with team staff members including project management, design teams, contractors and clients regarding construction drawings, material submitting.
8. Supervising and controlling the production line system for Supplying precast Concrete Units (T-Walls, Jersey Barriers & Bunkers).
Master of Science (MS), Construction Materials Engineering, Nov. 2004 / University of Technology, Iraq.
Bachelor of Science (BS), Civil Engineer, Oct. 1989 / University Of Baghdad, Iraq.
Engineering Union Membership, Nov. 1989, Baghdad-Iraq.
Engineering Union Membership, May 2007, Sulaimaniya-Iraq.
UNICEF Education Section / Regional Bureau For Design and Consultancy, Jan. 2006 - Jun. 2007, Iraq.