KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
Safety and Health Technician
● Seventeen years’ experience providing a wide range of Safety and Health duties in a manufacturing environment
● Safety and Health experience includes:
● Conduct new hire training sessions throughout the year for over 700 employees.
● Conduct yearly OSHA required refresher training for over 700 employees at facility.
● Conduct numerous Safety audits and post accident audits, working closely with production, engineering, and maintenance.
● Maintain OSHA logs and corporate reports monthly.
● Provide “customer service” to employees regarding Safety issues and communicating in a timely manner on issues.
● Coordinate the extensive Phlebotomy program for all employees and maintain results in the Corporate ETS system and LabCorp contact.
● Updated all training modules into PowerPoint, implemented training and testing matrix. Input all training into Access, and matrixes.
● EOS member for RIE events in the manufacturing area as needed. Human Resources Data Entry Clerk/HR Generalist
● Two years experience providing a wide range of human resource services in a manufacturing environment.
● Human Resource experience includes:
● Benefit enrollment and services to employees regarding insurance & consultation with insurance carriers.
● Compensation duties including pay increases and decreases, cost of living raises, conducting information sessions and mass updates to the system.
● Labor relations involving employee counseling, mediation, problem resolution, occasional terminations, and layoff and recall.
● Employee selection including interviewing, candidate selection and new employee processing and orientation.
● Coordinating FMLA, Worker’s Comp, STD, and LTD processing assisted in reducing outstanding Worker’s Comp claims by 25% through review and final resolution of claims.
● Member of multiple “Kaizen” improvement teams including ergonomics, safety, quality assurance (including ISO 9001) and corporate activities.
● Expert in corporate systems including ETS, BAAN, MIS, HR, and telephone functions.
Planning and Organizing
● Highly efficient in organizing responsibilities and functions to maximize productivity.
● Assisted in planning and organizing company activities including an international open house for client’s world wide, community barbeque and bake sale to benefit 9/11 earning a 26K company match, annual company picnics and special seasonal events for employees.
● Provided leadership in growing local youth organizations beyond original expectations. Directed a Safety Day Camp for the county children.
● Training consortium coordinator, recovering over 500 thousand of dollars to company since 2006.
● Currently member of Missouri Governor’s Strategic Initiative for Economic Growth; representing the manufacturing sector.
EnerSys-Warrensburg Warrensburg, Missouri
Safety and Health Technician, 2003-Sept. 2019
Coordinate monitoring of over 650 employees, conduct all current employee and new hire training. Facilitate the employee blood program. Assist in numerous Safety teams and core groups. Update all safety programs. Quality End of Line Tester, 2002-2003
Coordinate the final testing of industrial batteries to ensure high product quality and performance at the end of line tester. Supervise an assistant. Work in Incoming Goods as needed to inspect parts and supplies for Quality. Human Resources Data Entry Clerk, 2000-2002
Provided multiple HR functions to a manufacturing plant with 300 employees as listed above. Served with 3 different HR managers. Assembly member and step-up Line Leader, 1993-2000 Supervised 5+ employees in customizing production runs, and preparing products for shipment and transport.
Quality Auditor, 1990-1993
Verified accuracy of production runs for quality and safety. EDUCATION
Master of Arts in Human Resources, Summa cum Laude Bachelor of Arts in Human Resources, Cum Laude
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Cum Laude Ottawa University
References are available upon request