Environmental Impact Assessment
Creative Problem Solving
Environment, Health, and Safety
Daphne C. Merlo
Insurance Representative at Cognizant
July 2019 - Present
Des Moines, Iowa Area
• Field inbound auto and home insurance calls from agents related to billing inquires, policy questions and overall customer service.
• Counsel customers/agents on underwriting eligibility and policy coverage and/or options.
• Within established time frame, provide phone requested quotes to customers/ agents for changes to existing lines or products.
• Review phone requested cancellations and reinstatement and make appropriate decisions to resolve.
• Resolve customer service related complaints and process complex customer calls, answer customer/agent policy and billing inquiries.
• Act as on-line billing systems and agency portal website expert to provide proactive agency support as well as assist co-workers in mastering these systems and sell their benefits to the
• Accountable to build/maintain effective relationships with customers/agents.
• Provide agency and internal support on information input processes.
• Handle special projects/other related assignments as delegated by Team Manager.
Bay Islands Conservation Association
Environmental Specialist/ Volunteer
February 2018 - May 2018 (4 months)
•Technical liaison between the institution and the Utila community.
• Development of environmental health training at the Lance Bodden health center.
• Preparation of teaching material for the presentation of lectures on environmental issues
of relevance to the educational centers of Utila. (Biodiversity of Honduras, soil formation,
Page 1 of 3
soil as a non renewable resources, green technological alternatives, acid rain).
Environmental Engineering Student
2011 - May 2018 (7 years 5 months)
Global Water Partnership
September 2017 - January 2018 (5 months)
•Review and edition of documents to be published on water issues.
• Development of a workshop for the use and maintenance of a rainwater harvesting project,
aimed at the beneficiary community in general.
• Development of photography contest GWP-Central America in order to create water
awareness in the regional comunity.
• Preparation of documents and presentations for visits, talks and assembly with the
members of GWP Honduras.
• Provide talks to GWP members to maintain their proactivity and information flow.
• Generation of the Evaluation Instrument to measure the impact of courses offered in the
professional life of the participants.
• Mapping of donor institutions in Central America.
• Creation of a Directory of Institutions that work on water issues with a gender focus.
September 2013 - November 2015 (2 years 3 months)
• Interpret English / Spanish for medical institutions. ( Hospitals, clinics, planned parenthood,
pediatric department, mental health institutions, inmate health evaluation,etc).
• Interpret English / Spanish for financial and public service sector. (Court cases, financial aid,
utilities billing, police department, others)
Page 2 of 3
January 2012 - February 2012 (2 months)
• Development of geographic maps of important areas.
• Documents Redaction.
• Supervising support of AMPAC mine, "El Mochito", Las Vegas Santa Barbara.
• Monitoring compliance with environmental measures in different sectors of the mine.
• Water sampling in effluents from the mine, oxidation lagoons and nearby water bodies.
Universidad Católica de Honduras 'Nuestra Señora Reina de la Paz' environmental engineer, Environmental Engineering Technology/ Environmental Technology · (2018)
Page 3 of 3