Cory J. Borm
Cheyenne, WY *2009
Local Chairman, BLET Local 115, Cheyenne, WY 1/2007-12/2015
● Advised members on rules and agreements
● Worked with management to ensure job performance and safety of employees President, BLET Local 115, Cheyenne, WY 1/2004-1/2007
● Conducted meetings
● Oversaw the executive committee for the local division Locomotive Engineer, Union Pacific Railroad, Cheyenne, WY 2/1995- Present
● Responsible for the safe and efficient handling of locomotives and freight equipment from originating terminal to final destination
● Inspect locomotive(s) before run to verify quantity of fuel, sand, water, flagging equipment and supplies.
● Review train consist specifying train makeup.
● Review and act upon track warrants and bulletins, instructions and inquiries received from conductors and dispatchers.
Switchman/Brakeman/Conductor, Union Pacific Railroad, North Platte, NE 4/1994-2/1995
● Assured safe, on-time/on-plan train operation and movement
● Transmitted information using on-board computer terminals and other communications equipment
● Received, relayed, and acted upon instructions and inquiries received from train operations and customer service center personnel.
● Reported arrival and departure times, train delays, work order completion, and time on duty. E-5 Sergeant/Unit Supply Sergeant, Nebraska National Guard, Sidney and Chadron, NE 9/1989-9/1994
● Maintained unit supply
● Managed and replenished inventory.
● Maintained operator licenses for all unit personnel
● Issued repair parts or all rolling stock.
E-4 Specialist/Material Storage and Handling Specialist, United States Army, Fort Hood, TX 8/1987-8/1989
● Maintained inventory.
● Received and shipped materials from various Army Units to supply warehouses.
● Researched parts number for accuracy/final shipping destinations Licenses:
1995 Class 1 Locomotive Engineers License
Education: Chadron State College, Chadron, NE
Sidney High School, Sidney, NE
References Available Upon Request